March 30th, 2014 - Curitiba, Brazil

Cosmo

So what is the media in Brasil writing about these concerts? They seem to be

going really well.

I was there, and it was actually a great show, Cosmo and Pinball Wizard summed up pretty well.
Way better than I expected. :shrugs:

Was that the only one you attended? What was the best thing about it?

How does it feel to surrounded by people who are all so passionate about

the concert?

Great concert! Axl's voice was very good!

I don't have too much to say, since I'm packing my stuffs to go back to Rio. I had a blast there! The rain fucked up things a little bit. I met Ron backstage and he said the equipment stopped working, that's why Mr. Brownstone and Estranged got messed up.

But I have to say one little thing that made my day...

RON WORE MY SITE'S T-SHIRT ON STAGE!!!

1530372_620808264661478_598150743_n.jpg

We gave him a shirt on his workshop yesterday in Curitiba and, jokingly, asked him to wear it on stage...AND HE DID! HA!!

I recorded some songs...I'll try to upload them before I leave the hotel...here is Nice Boys so far

What made this one so good for you and better than the others? They all seem to

be going so well and the crowds are so passionately into it.

What are the local GNR forums saying about these concerts? I assume they

must be filled with positive comments.

2:10-2:20 sounded good. I just wonder how he got that high singing voice. I would think it would be easy for him to sing closer to his talking voice in terms of how low his voice is. Maybe it's just a fine line between rasp and clean for him. Idk. At least it was strong clean voice on this I love.

Indeed. I'm not even saying it is decent, or passable. I actually found it amazing, a very high level display of extremely difficult singing. Regarding the infamous "rasp", he does not hold it trough the whole thing, but throws it in at some very high pitched moments. With this and Duff, we might be in for some nice moments of GNR ownage in the near future.

2:10-2:20 sounded good. I just wonder how he got that high singing voice. I would think it would be easy for him to sing closer to his talking voice in terms of how low his voice is. Maybe it's just a fine line between rasp and clean for him. Idk. At least it was strong clean voice on this I love.

maybe its just my ears but on the album i dont really hear very much of the "old rasp" on This I Love? wasnt this the song with the leaked version and it had much more rasp

Axl is actually getting better by each show this time around! Hopefully the trend will continue with Duff's arrival.

Here's whats gonna happen:

Axl is gonna push himself really hard to sound good in front of Duff. He'll probably succeed based on this last show, but he's then gonna be fucked for the rest of the year.

Sounds like it was a good gig. Just wish there were vids of the estranged fuck up and the sign guy getting thrown out. The video of axl sweeping is hilarious, annoying how we don't get him say"they call me the sweeper"

The fuck up is in the 'I think this deserves a thread'-thread.

Sounds like it was a good gig. Just wish there were vids of the estranged fuck up and the sign guy getting thrown out. The video of axl sweeping is hilarious, annoying how we don't get him say"they call me the sweeper"

Yes a shame that bit wasn't filmed. People film the song & then turn off & we miss what he says. If you can get youtube in your country type in Guns n Roses Estranged/Rocket Queen & you'll see the mishap with the song. He was clearly annoyed but not over the top angry, just from the footage it seemed to be him causing the song to stop but why we don't know. Could have been his ear monitor.

So, for those too lazy to find out, what happened with the fan getting chucked?

Was it some dude up the front waving a Slash t-shirt?

Was it a full on "STOP PLAYING" moment where Axl stopped everything & singled a guy out?

Hard to believe that he still bites after 20 years.,.of course the DVD issue with Slash is probably causing him gastric reflux...maybe that's what caused the venom.

Guest cbgnr666

Nice vids from this show and sounding good cept on YCBM.It doesn't need full out rasp but something close to the recorded version vocal wise from UYI would sound better.But in saying that,nothing did or ever comes remotely close to the vocal on UYI 2 that I've ever heard.

It's kind of a mean song like jungle and needs some kick vocally or it just dies.The band tears it up though.

Edited by cbgnr666

I saw earlier in the thread that Axl had dropped This I Love from the setlist. He didn't, it got played. And, well, watch for yourselves.

Fuck!!

• Like 1