**ENTRIES CLOSING JUN 7TH** - WIN a RARE copy of Chinese Democracy w/ **RED HAND alternative artwork**

I'm working on a new entry. Also if it's decided that I should change the roses from the previous one let me know.

If you really need to change the roses you could use some photos I used for my design (took the photos myself). You'll have to cut them out tho and adjust contrast etc. but I'm sure you're capable of that.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/yp6quu4f36z07u7/AACOdOjWvFJ8u5cezLcQ1rpwa

Edited by Rdeyahlxp

http://imgur.com/a/VOcH2

Hi Gunners

Attached are pix of my recent GN'R Project.

The first 3 images are what I created for the re-design of the GN'R Logo's.

The following pix after are close-ups of the full banner (7pix in all). They run from the Guns XBones in an anti-clockwise direction. The actual banner in real life is around 4-5metres long & 25-30cm high. It was joined into a 360o Loop. The pix were taken at the Gunners Newcastle concert in 2013. I manipulated them to different sizes, printed them out, then mounted them onto black cardboard that had been veneered with dark purple glitter.

The clay painted skull that I sculpted & decorated, hangs on a silver chain in the centre of the Banner Loop & has a tealite candle inside that makes the eyes glow. The skull (nicknamed "Skully') has gold glitter veneer on the inside, & has pearlised white glitter externally.

It was a lot of work over the past few weeks, & altho exhausted (between that & work & everything else) it's been a lot of fun & really satisfying to have it all finished (finally!! lol)

Hope ya's luv 'em!!

Cheers!

Trish ;)

Hi Gunners

The following pix after are close-ups of the full banner (7pix in all). They run from the Guns XBones in an anti-clockwise direction. The actual banner in real life is around 4-5metres long & 25-30cm high. It was joined into a 360o Loop. The pix were taken at the Gunners Newcastle concert in 2013. I manipulated them to different sizes, printed them out, then mounted them onto black cardboard that had been veneered with dark purple glitter.

The clay painted skull that I sculpted & decorated, hangs on a silver chain in the centre of the Banner Loop & has a tealite candle inside that makes the eyes glow. The skull (nicknamed "Skully') has gold glitter veneer on the inside, & has pearlised white glitter externally.

It was a lot of work over the past few weeks, & altho exhausted (between that & work & everything else) it's been a lot of fun & really satisfying to have it all finished (finally!! lol)

Hope ya's luv 'em!!

Cheers!

Trish ;)

Its awesome, but I dont get it, youre going to take pictures of it and post them as an entry?

http://imgur.com/a/VOcH2

Hi Gunners

Hope ya's luv 'em!!

Cheers!

Trish ;)

Really like it. I don't know if it's the most appropiate for a webiste, but it's a hell of a work!

I'm working on my second entry, should finish it on the next few days.

Edited by Manfisman

Ok I was kinda inspired today so I finished my second entry before expected ha.

This is my #2 entry for this contest, hope you like it, I'm happy with the result:

puASkIY.png

The logo would be the same as my prior entry, but with a little more shadows so it's more visible when placed on the banner:

Ace7Wzx.png

Any comment or suggestion will be appreciated.

• Like 1

Love the banner, but I don't think the logo matches. Maybe a bit of colour correction on the current GNR lineup pics so they gel together better.

Thanks!

I got rid of the stars on the logo and changed all the letters to yellow and the line underneath to red. Now I think it matches with the banner pretty well:

ACL9fux.png

Will look at the colours of the current lineup tomorrow.

8inGndP.png

I trialled both out and damn man... they look awesome in place, especially the banner!! :D

My only gripe? The logo is a bit blurred at the edges, almost like you used a low DPI setting on your canvas? If you could do a large 300dpi version or something, it would look sharper resized down.

qz7wlkX.png

Have you tried one where the UYI-era photos on the left are in B&W? Think that might work seeing as the nuGNR 1.0 photos on the right are in B&W as well. Maybe have the nuGNR 1.0 photos in "Polaroid" format as well to line up with the UYI-era photos?

Actually both have an explanation for the way they are right now.

The left side is for the classic band members. There are a lot of roses and some guns because they are the most representative lineup of GNR. The Pollaroid format and colours is because it's kinda old-school and a classic, like that particular era of the band.

The right side is NuGNR. Was almost a new band from scratch, that's why there is a ripped papper symbolizing it. If you look closer, you will see some Chinese letters on there, that's because those guys made the Chinese Democracy record. They are on B&W because they are kind of roughly 'painted' on the Chinese paper, like if that was some kind of Chinese art. To have better results with that I had to use the B&W. Also it's different than the Pollaroid format because that particular era of the band isn't the classic one and even tried to mark some differences with the old guys, so in my opinion making that contrast was appropiate.

Edited by Manfisman
  • Like 3

Actually both have an explanation for the way they are right now.
The left side is for the classic band members. There are a lot of roses and some guns because they are the most representative lineup of GNR. The Pollaroid format and colours is because it's kinda old-school and a classic, like that particular era of the band.
The right side is NuGNR. Was almost a new band from scratch, that's why there is a ripped papper symbolizing it. If you look closer, you will see some Chinese letters on there, that's because those guys made the Chinese Democracy record. They are on B&W because they are kind of roughly 'painted' on the Chinese paper, like if that was some kind of Chinese art. To have better results with that I had to use the B&W. Also it's different than the Pollaroid format because that particular era of the band isn't the classic one and even tried to mark some differences with the old guys, so in my opinion making that contrast was appropiate.

This makes sense to me, and I like the original design and your thought process behind it. :)

Thanks HV!

So, I made some corrections to the colours of the current members. I thinks it's pretty much finished right now.

Banner:

qz7wlkX.png

Logo:

8inGndP.png

This is really good. My only preference would be for the Mygnr and forum to remain different colours. Not a big deal though.