The job hunting thread

GivenToFly

I need a job.

I have a seemingly useless college degree, no social skills, and I possibly may have major mental problems.

Somebody tell me it will be okay.

This describes every network admin I have ever dealt with.

I have gotten 5 job rejection emails since I started my current job. Really takes the sting off when you don't care.

Edited by AxlisOld

University was easy, straight fucking As my final semester. But nobody gives a shit about grades, and nobody really tells you what's next.

grades are exactly what gets you ahead when you are a graduate Nate. Not to mention you graduated with honours. Stop being such a Debbie Downer.

Got an offer. Really nice place too, from what I could tell from when I was at the interview last week. Deals in something I have a passion for, so that's pretty cool. Pays well enough, and it's not in London (it's in Surrey, just outside the M25) so expenses are lower. Should start in about 7 weeks.

I want to sign the contract as soon as possible though so I'm sure I don't get any nasty surprise later, like anybody changing their mind.

So, a magazine design vacancy has come up. The problem is, it's in Peterborough. I've applied anyway, and I'll wait for an offer before any other thoughts on if it's what we want. Peterborough seems nice, but we don't have any family or friends there (which is why I want to change jobs in the first place), and living costs are going to be higher.

Just landed at Luton. Interview tomorrow and assessment centre on friday. Shit...

I was ON fucking FIRE those two days! I got job offer from the first company (which I've already said yes to) and now I just got feedback from the assessment center and it turns out I had the second best performance overall.

• Like 1

Today I was invited for an interview on Thursday. The job doesn't seem particularly appealing, but it's in the right location. I'm going for it in case it turns out to be really creative and a good atmosphere. I'm not sure if I'll immediately accept an offer from them though.

I've made three applications to magazine jobs for the same publisher down south. The deadline is Friday, and I'm really hopeful to be invited for at least one interview with them. I'd rather work in a job that I love in the wrong location, than a job I hate in the right.

Today I was invited for an interview on Thursday. The job doesn't seem particularly appealing, but it's in the right location. I'm going for it in case it turns out to be really creative and a good atmosphere. I'm not sure if I'll immediately accept an offer from them though.

I've made three applications to magazine jobs for the same publisher down south. The deadline is Friday, and I'm really hopeful to be invited for at least one interview with them. I'd rather work in a job that I love in the wrong location, than a job I hate in the right.

Down south is the right location Gracii. Go for it sweetheart because that's where your talents are worth a mint. I know it's tough but a good graphic designer is always going to struggle oop north. :)
  • Like 1

Cheers Dazey. It's only Peterborough so a pretty good compromise of having a job I could otherwise only really find in London, with it being driveable to the north. The relocation will be a ballache, as it will mean Joe will have to find a new job, and we'll have to find a new place to live etc. but nothing good ever comes easy, as they say. :)

Cheers Dazey. It's only Peterborough so a pretty good compromise of having a job I could otherwise only really find in London, with it being driveable to the north. The relocation will be a ballache, as it will mean Joe will have to find a new job, and we'll have to find a new place to live etc. but nothing good ever comes easy, as they say. :)

If you want it enough you'll make it happen. :)

• Like 1

I'm sure this thread could help a ton but I've been too afraid/ depressed to do it.

I finish college this month, lease ends July 22, would hate to move back home with a psycho family, gf's family is far away, no idea what to do...

ugh

I didn't get the Stirling job.

The head vet called and said they had some really experienced people come for interview so they had to go with one of them. He said they were super impressed with me and that I would have no problems finding a job, and the girl who's leaving is starting her own practice and looking for a part-time vet so he's passing on my details to her in case that's something that I might want to do temporarily. I still have this interview in Birmingham next week too so here's hoping.