SLASH : "Velvet Revolver has lead singer audition coming up"

I dont think he likes Duff playin with GNR so he'd probably be a bit more into getting VR going again.

this

the new singer gonna be probably Myles lol

see my post above. not going to be Myles.

aside from what I said above, if it was going to be Myles it would've been done already.

Oh c'mon

If Slash ever wanted to suspended his own band he obvisouly wanna work with Myles (a guy that actually works for him and wors with him well)

I'm not a big fan of Myles, though

(I don't even like Scott too, not my cup of tea)

I dont think he likes Duff playin with GNR so he'd probably be a bit more into getting VR going again.

this

the new singer gonna be probably Myles lol

see my post above. not going to be Myles.

aside from what I said above, if it was going to be Myles it would've been done already.

Oh c'mon

If Slash ever wanted to suspended his own band he obvisouly wanna work with Myles (a guy that actually works for him and wors with him well)

I'm not a big fan of Myles, though

(I don't even like Scott too, not my cup of tea)

Did you read my post above? I gave the exact reason why it won't be Myles that Slash has said himself. Myles will not leave AB and with AB in the picture, Myles will not join VR as Slash wants someone who will be 24/7 VR. And I'm about the biggest Myles fan you'll find on here. I'd be shocked if he joined VR nor do I really want him to. If he did it'd mean the end of AB who is my absolute favorite band. It could also mean that his solo album that he's already been sitting on for the better part of 5 years may be pushed into further delay. My hope is that if they do find a singer for VR, Myles will get an opening while slash works on that after this album tour to finally get his album done, out and toured on. Although it sounds like it may be time to get to work on AB's fifth album by then if they hold to the 3 year window between albums.

vr will be back in 2016

That would be awesome!

I haven't followed Scott recently, I have no idea what condition he's in. Would love to have him back, but if they're auditioning singers, we have to assume that's not going to happen unfortunately.

Slash seems really happy with his actual band and working with Myles, I'm sure he enjoys playing with Duff but why would he want to go back to VR? With the Conspirators he can play songs from his solo albums, snakepit, GNR and VR... anything he wants. Duff has Walking Papers and what they're doing is pretty good.

Personally I would prefer for both of them to keep doing what they're doing right now, I'd rather have a third Conspirators album and a second Walking Paper album than a VR album.

Slash seems really happy with his actual band and working with Myles, I'm sure he enjoys playing with Duff but why would he want to go back to VR? With the Conspirators he can play songs from his solo albums, snakepit, GNR and VR... anything he wants. Duff has Walking Papers and what they're doing is pretty good.

Personally I would prefer for both of them to keep doing what they're doing right now, I'd rather have a third Conspirators album and a second Walking Paper album than a VR album.

tbh, as excited as I am for the conspirators album, what I want more than anything right now is that Myles solo album I mentioned. been anxious for that since he first mentioned he was working on it in an interview over 5yrs ago. I'm so happy for him with everything he's done since then, but it's been a bit of a bummer that he hasn't had a chance to finish it yet.

• Like 1

Velvet Revolver was a DECENT experiment, but it's time is over. Duff needs to come back to gnr. Then Izzy, Then Slash. I don't care who plays drums.

Fuck VR!!!

NUgnr is dead...

Slash's solo stuff is average at best...

Reunion or death.

• Like 1

Just get the damn recording with Corey Taylor out and all will be good.

I'd kill for THAT thing. :lol:

I'm really curious to hear that too, but the more I listen Stone Sour the less excited I am to hear it. I like Cory an all, there are a handful of Slipknot and Stone Sour songs that I love, but for the most part he leaves me blah. I imagine the blah stuff if what they had with VR since they chose not to move foward.

Axl's voice is gone, a reunion would just disappoint.

Nope, because my expectations are different. I do not expect gnr from 1988 or 1992 or even what they could have been in 1996. I just want the people who wrote the songs to play them together. I loved Slash when he was in gnr, but outside of a couple of songs, his solo and VR work is very average sounding. Not the same man that played on the illusions and Appetite. And we all know how Axl has changed, we chronicle that daily on this site, lol. My point is they all need each other to be special, because on their own they all seem pretty average. Would they be average together if a reunion happened? Probably, but at least they would be playing the songs that made them special in the first place.

• Like 1

Axl's voice is gone, a reunion would just disappoint.

Nope, because my expectations are different. I do not expect gnr from 1988 or 1992 or even what they could have been in 1996. I just want the people who wrote the songs to play them together. I loved Slash when he was in gnr, but outside of a couple of songs, his solo and VR work is very average sounding. Not the same man that played on the illusions and Appetite. And we all know how Axl has changed, we chronicle that daily on this site, lol. My point is they all need each other to be special, because on their own they all seem pretty average. Would they be average together if a reunion happened? Probably, but at least they would be playing the songs that made them special in the first place.

I couldn't agree more. Nothing can be worse than what we have now. Solo projects are so boring. Edited by axlfan88
  • Like 1

I tried to like Slash's solo stuff, but I just don't. He needs to stop playing so many southern rock sounding licks and riffs, they are all sounding the same. The bottom line is he great adding parts to other people's songs or having someone else add parts to his songs, but when he writes his own complete songs they sound boring and bland. Almost incomplete really. Axl on the other hand has allowed his band members to contribute to his music, but the problem is none of them make him sound as good as Slash does. I just really think they need each other. If Slash is ok being an opening act, then continue doing what he's doing. If Axl is ok headlining clubs, then keep doing what he is doing, but both of their days as relevant headlining artists is just over. Sad but true.

I'd actually like a new VR album. They were much better than Slash's solo stuff IMO, all of Slash's best post-GNR music was in VR imo. Messages, You Got No Right, Slither, Fall To Pieces, Loving The Alien, Superhuman.... etc.

But they should give Scott a call, because it'll just be another Slash vanity project without Scott.

Edited by Towelie

He said it very casually. I don't think there's anything concrete there. He's tied up with the Conspirators for quite some time. I can't see VR finding anyone else, it's either Scott or they should preferably start a new project. Maybe this time do things Izzy's way.

vr will be back in 2016

That would be awesome!

I haven't followed Scott recently, I have no idea what condition he's in. Would love to have him back, but if they're auditioning singers, we have to assume that's not going to happen unfortunately.

he doesn't look to be in great shape. he's touring with his new backing band and recording an album apparently, but clearly still on the drugs.

Is Velvet Revolver even worth trying to rebuild? From my perspective VR only released one really decent album and that was 10 years ago

Contraband is a decent rock record but I am just not feeling Libertad except for 1 or 2 songs. If I were Slash I would just continue doing the solo stuff where he can cherry pick VR's best songs live and be able to do his own thing as well.

That being said it would be cool having Duff and Slash in the same band together again, maybe they could just start an entirely new project without any ties to VR? I would dig that personally, VR has been so inactive and non-functioning that it seems more trouble than its worth to try and rebuild it and get it going again

The reason why VR were so much more exciting than anything Slash has done by himself is because you had that unpredictable frontman/guitar God dynamic, which is what made GNR so special. For some reason with VR it only really worked on the first record.... but at least Scott has a personality. Myles Kennedy doesn't.

• Like 1

I think Taylor momsen or lzzy hale would be great for them as well as Andrew Stockdale; but vr wouldn't be there only gigs. Maybe slash should get off that requirement and make VR everybody's side project, rather than main project.

I'd say Myles myself but if he wanted it, I'm pretty sure he'd be doing it by now.