May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

heres a new interview with Ashba http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2014/may/20/dj-ashba-watchin-boom-booms-gnr-sets-again-joint/

Some highlights

The band “absolutely” will not play the same show twice:

“We have five hours of material,” Ashba says referring to the ground covered from “Appetite for Destruction” to “Chinese Democracy.” “We don’t follow a setlist, ever. We all know the songs and Axl (Rose, the band’s frontman and founder) will call out the next song and the lighting and sound guys need to be on their games. It’s always a reckless rock ’n’ roll experience.”

heres a new interview with Ashba http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2014/may/20/dj-ashba-watchin-boom-booms-gnr-sets-again-joint/

Some highlights

“We have five hours of material,” Ashba says referring to the ground covered from “Appetite for Destruction” to “Chinese Democracy.” “We don’t follow a setlist, ever. We all know the songs and Axl (Rose, the band’s frontman and founder) will call out the next song and the lighting and sound guys need to be on their games. It’s always a reckless rock ’n’ roll experience.”

I bet I know what Ashba's favorite album is. Lies.

• Like 4

No, next show will not be different. Stop setting yourselves up for disappointments. This is what we will get until the band has started recording a new record and they actually have something new to showcase.

I'm sorry but, yourself? This is Ashba setting the fans up for disappointment.

Some highlights

man i truly wish a meteor would fall down to the joint and make an end this band (and DJ)

• Like 1

No, next show will not be different. Stop setting yourselves up for disappointments. This is what we will get until the band has started recording a new record and they actually have something new to showcase.

Ashba is just always in PR mode, what else does he have to do beside try and make money..

So can we now be told the rest of what the gnr camp told mygnr officials, that they could not tell us, since it seems no new songs are coming? :)

I'm sure it's not much but at this point the three "new songs" and "undisclosed further info" are the only things intriguing me..

What you guys talking about?? - we got a Nic Cage introduction and a Happy Birthday to Fernando, it's a completely different set to recent gigs..... these guys are so unpredictable it's hard to keep up?! #NoTrickery #demented #swag

That's 2 of the 2-3 new songs!

Ashba is just always in PR mode, what else does he have to do beside try and make money..

So can we now be told the rest of what the gnr camp told mygnr officials, that they could not tell us, since it seems no new songs are coming? :)

I'm sure it's not much but at this point the three "new songs" and "undisclosed further info" are the only things intriguing me..

I just learned about that "undisclosed information" bit today, and it's had me wracking my brain since. Since there seems to be a lot of talk of Bumblefoot leaving, maybe it has to do with that?

Yeah I'd like to know this aswell, since we ain't getting else and I'm getting pretty pissed off at the state of my favourite and once awesome 'band'...

• Like 1

I just learned about that "undisclosed information" bit today, and it's had me wracking my brain since. Since there seems to be a lot of talk of Bumblefoot leaving, maybe it has to do with that?

Hmm that's a good guess! My thought was maybe Duff info was given to mygnr, but I believe one of the mygnr crew said Duff was a complete surprise.

Maybe it's izzy?

Raw Power, Attitude, Holidays in the Sun, Abnormal and Teenage Kicks. That's actually 5 new songs [this lineup] haven't played before. Are you guys complaining that you got two more than what was rumoured? ;)

Have they played the new izzy song rumored to be titled "NGOGed down by the ocean" ?!?

Some highlights

To be fair I think they are playing less songs than the last residency so he does have a point I guess...

Hmm that's a good guess! My thought was maybe Duff info was given to mygnr, but I believe one of the mygnr crew said Duff was a complete surprise.

Maybe it's izzy?

That sounds about right, can anyone confirm and put me out of my misery...

Raw Power, Attitude, Holidays in the Sun, Abnormal and Teenage Kicks. That's actually 5 new songs [this lineup] haven't played before. Are you guys complaining that you got two more than what was rumoured? ;)

We are so ungrateful, 4 additional covers and the different solo pieces, they spoil us - Must remember, Axl and the band don't owe us anything, live our lives etc....

Some highlights

The band absolutely will not play the same show twice:

We have five hours of material, Ashba says referring to the ground covered from Appetite for Destruction to Chinese Democracy. We dont follow a setlist, ever. We all know the songs and Axl (Rose, the bands frontman and founder) will call out the next song and the lighting and sound guys need to be on their games. Its always a reckless rock n roll experience.

To be fair I think they are playing less songs than the last residency so he does have a point I guess...

Maybe it's izzy?

That sounds about right, can anyone confirm and put me out of my misery...

Hahah that is literally the exact feeling I have.. Just tell me, put me out of my misery, and get these stupid feeling of hope out of me lol!

• Like 1

Maybe it's izzy?

Izzy would be cool, but now that has me thinking. Is it at all possible that, if Bumblefoot actually is leaving, they already have a replacement lined up but aren't announcing them yet? Seems a bit far fetched, but this band has surprised us before. Usually in unpleasant ways, but surprised us nonetheless.

On the subject of far fetchedness and new songs, maybe they're saving those for the last date of the tour? I can't imagine why they'd do that though. Seems like a bad move, regardless of if a new album will be announced or not.

"We've been planning an album this whole time, but haven't played any new songs until now because we wanted it to be a surprise!"

Just seems kinda, not necessarily dumb, but odd. Eh, I'm getting ahead of myself here. We'll know what that news is in, what, two weeks? That's not too much time.

We are so ungrateful, 4 additional covers and the different solo pieces, they spoil us - Must remember, Axl and the band don't owe us anything, live our lives etc....

Normally "three new songs" would mean the debut of three new, original songs. But this is GN'R we are talking about. Every rumour should be interpreted in the least favourable way.

Maybe it's izzy?

Izzy would be cool, but now that has me thinking. Is it at all possible that, if Bumblefoot actually is leaving, they already have a replacement lined up but aren't announcing them yet? Seems a bit far fetched, but this band has surprised us before. Usually in unpleasant ways, but surprised us nonetheless.

On the subject of far fetchedness and new songs, maybe they're saving those for the last date of the tour? I can't imagine why they'd do that though. Seems like a bad move, regardless of if a new album will be announced or not.

"We've been planning an album this whole time, but haven't played any new songs until now because we wanted it to be a surprise!"

Just seems kinda, not necessarily dumb, but odd. Eh, I'm getting ahead of myself here. We'll know what that news is in, what, two weeks? That's not too much time.

I could see why they wouldn't want to give away the new guitar player. I don't think a lot of people really care though honestly.. I'm hoping it's something bigger then a special guest or new guitarist, but it's probably not.

I've been saying golden gods or Vegas was the best shot at new songs but I know believe we have no chance. Honestly idk how smart it is to play one of the new tunes before you release the studio version. I'd say we got a shot at going down but apparently tommy doesn't want to play it because it's too hard? I think his vocals sound killer on the leak maybe it really is hard for him to sound like that? (Never payed attention to him sing anything else)

Maybe it's izzy?

I could see why they wouldn't want to give away the new guitar player. I don't think a lot of people really care though honestly.. I'm hoping it's something bigger then a special guest or new guitarist, but it's probably not.

I've been saying golden gods or Vegas was the best shot at new songs but I know believe we have no chance. Honestly idk how smart it is to play one of the new tunes before you release the studio version. I'd say we got a shot at going down but apparently tommy doesn't want to play it because it's too hard? I think his vocals sound killer on the leak maybe it really is hard for him to sound like that? (Never payed attention to him sing anything else)

Yeah, best not to get our hopes up. But we can't help it! I doubt it's actually a replacement announcement, though. Like I said, it sounds far fetched because it seems like if they already had someone tapped as a new guitarist, they'd be on this tour and Ron would have already left.

I don't think we have zero chance, just very, very, very slim. But I'm with you, I don't really want to hear them play new songs live before a release again, it's best to just avoid another "Silkworms" incident. A lot of people seem to hate that song, but I actually like it and am bummed out that there STILL isn't a full studio version. Interestingly, I actually read a recent interview with Jerry Cantrell, and in it he said that he avoids playing new songs before release because people have cameras everywhere now and it'll be all over the place too quickly. Could be why Guns N' Roses doesn't do that, I guess.

If I read what was said right, it's apparently hard for Tommy to sing and play that particular song simultaneously. I'm not sure why Axl can't just take up the mic though, it's not like it's officially released yet, but maybe there are some sentimental reasons that can't be done. Or maybe Axl just doesn't like that song enough, who knows.

EDIT: Funny thought occurred to me just as I sent this post. Maybe all of these covers really are "new songs," all part of the long awaited follow up to "The Spaghetti Incident!?" Haha.

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.