May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

Well I guess Shackler's won't be played again after this residency. Wonder if they'll go the 2 guitarist route. God help DJ try to play the SCOM and NR solos.

Solution: they finish all the songs they've been writing on and DJ's been on about for all these years, they release a new album of songs that fit Axl's voice and DJ's guitar playing and ditch the old material :lol:

I wonder if Axl will purposely get an album out after Ron is gone just to spite him. Maybe this is why Ron is doing it - kind of falling on his sword for the greater good. ;-)

That might happen or it will put Axl into depression again, feeling betrayed and will disappear from public.

Well, the way Subs said it, I don't think it will be that way. It seems that the relationship between BBF and the rest of the band/crew has been difficult on and off pretty much all the time.

There was an interview about when Ron first joined GNR some of the camp treated him shabby for the first few years

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I wonder if this has any part in Shackler's and Catcher being played a lot in recent shows, i.e. have Ron play his solos while he can.

Guess that's why Ron was more open to hard-hitting questions about GNR, since he has little to lose.

Edited by Amir

While I've openly stated that I'm not the biggest fan of Rons contributions to ChiDem, this is a blow - Ron was someone who wouldn't pull out the same old lines and bullshit us. TBH if this does happen it really isn't a suprise given his tweets in recent times, and as much as I would like to think this should be another wake up call to Axl/TB, sadly I can't see anything positive in the future, so more of the same ahead then... silence and the occasional gig playing the same set with a new cover thrown in every so often.

Hope Ron leaks some stuff :)

Someone once pointed out that Guns needs him far more than he needs them, and it really resonates even now.

He is an unused resource in GN'R. He has all these suggestions and ideas ("write and debut one new song at every tour"; songs for GN'R) that seem to fall on completely deaf ears. You might think that GN'R needs him, but the band has spoken and they disagree, I am afraid. Except for playing some overly technical things during live shows he really isn't needed, his remaining guitar parts can be handled by the others or given to another run of the mill guitarist that can be brought in if the band decides to tour more.

Everybody is talking about BBF leaving as if it's already conformed. But it isn't, is it? Or did I miss something?

No, don't think so. I think all we have is what Subs says:

"I believe he's handed in his notice (not for the first time though) and Axl's fed up with his "im off, IM BACK! im off IM BACK" routine. I have a feeling Axl will call his bluff at the end of Vegas regardless of another potential U-Turn. I'm also led to believe there's been a major issue behind the scenes during the recent SA Tour and there will be some changes in general. Don't think this should be taken as negative though, depending on your stance actually, far from it."

"^^^ I would also add, that's NOT come from management but from a close source that's ALWAYS been correct and honest"

Aw, man. I know I was the one who first suggested it (in this thread at least. If someone said it before me, I apologize. The honor of calling it goes to you!), but I'm bummed to know that it's most likely true now. I'll especially be bummed if after this they finally end up releasing new material, though given what happened with Chinese Democracy, maybe we'll at least be able to hear his playing on the next record, whenever that will be, if ever.

Something that has me wondering though. Will the band still play that music festival this November? Will that be the debut of a new player, or will Axl cancel and blame Bumblefoot, similar to what it seems like he did to Buckethead?

Most importantly... Who will have the wacky nickname now? :(

Everybody is talking about BBF leaving as if it's already conformed. But it isn't, is it? Or did I miss something?

No, don't think so. I think all we have is what Subs says:

"I believe he's handed in his notice (not for the first time though) and Axl's fed up with his "im off, IM BACK! im off IM BACK" routine. I have a feeling Axl will call his bluff at the end of Vegas regardless of another potential U-Turn. I'm also led to believe there's been a major issue behind the scenes during the recent SA Tour and there will be some changes in general. Don't think this should be taken as negative though, depending on your stance actually, far from it."

"^^^ I would also add, that's NOT come from management but from a close source that's ALWAYS been correct and honest"

Ah! Hadn't seen that yet.

Seems better for everybody though. Ron seems unhappy in GnR and the band has degraded itself to a nostalgia show anyway. As long as they're not creating anything anyway, everybody is replaceable. I'm not sad. Not because I don't like Ron. But because everything GnR does these days is pointless anyway.

I bet he'll recruit a really shit guitarist through Ashba.

Bring Johnny 5. This is the only name that comes to my mind who can write, shred, sounds actual and can push Axl to write something.

Thing is, it doesn't matter who you bring in. As long as Axl just wants to tour endlessly and do nothing in particular it's utterly meaningless.

Best thing for Bumble's talents, Axl can be fed up but its his own fault just the same as losing Finck and Bucket. Ron would gladly have helped Axl achieve his original vision, he wouldn't be so ditzy with the paycheck+recognition = good, inactivity = bad, if he'd been able to contribute to something more than regurgitation.