Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Listening to Aladdin Sane right now. Played Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust this morning and I'm probably also going with the Berlin-trilogy later on. It's a Bowie kind of evening. And probably Blackstar again as well. Though I'm kind of in the mood for something easier now.

Edited by username

It is a strange habit, indulging on the discography of the recently deceased - why does one do it I wonder, tribute? I'm not necessarily criticising the practice or saying I do not do it also, since I recall playing a lot of George Harrison when he departed this mortal coil.

It is a strange habit, indulging on the discography of the recently deceased - why does one do it I wonder, tribute? I'm not necessarily criticising the practice or saying I do not do it also, since I recall playing a lot of George Harrison when he departed this mortal coil.

It is a bit odd isn't it...I dunno if tribute is quite the word though I'm sure it is for some. It just kinda puts the person in the forefront of your mind I suppose.

• Like 1

It is a bit odd isn't it...I dunno if tribute is quite the word though I'm sure it is for some. It just kinda puts the person in the forefront of your mind I suppose.

I think for someone like me, I tend to listen to people in "modes". I tend to listen to full albums, so a death kind of makes that easy. There are days when I don't have anything to listen to, so with a death the music then occupies the next few days for me.

To be honest, its not always that natural. I'm kind of forcing myself to listen to Bowie, but not to the point where its annoying. I just kind of had a Bowie phase not long ago, so its why I'm not listening to Hunky Dory or Ziggy or Aladdin. Hence the reason I've drifted more towards the Berlin trilogy and stuff like that, that I've just never heard. His death has made me curious what I missed all this time.

I will say, Scott Weiland's death took me by surprise. So completely naturally, I just shifted into hearing all my Velvet Revolver material. Like, I didn't even realize I was stuck on listening to Scott till halfway through Libertad and I was like "woah, that came out of nowhere!" Bowie I'm kind of doing the opposite and the death made me naturally curious to hear what I haven't heard already.

• Like 1

I think it's kinda like, when a family or friend die, we talk about them and remember times and shit like that. But with these cats we don't have that personal relationship to remember, we just have the music. So jamming them is sort of like going to their wake or funeral. I don't know, never thought too hard about it honestly, why we do it. I did it with Scott Weiland recently.