*[Beta Has Denied]* Beta Lebeis fired, according to MSL

Doing what? Not being flippant, honest question. What do we know that she actually did during that time?

You can not like the argument but it doesn't make it any less valid. Especially when people point out how "in over her head" she appears to be. Also, people who are executives in any country generally don't move to the US to become housekeepers. Ordinary citizens maybe, but if she were really an executive, you would think she could have got a better gig out of the gate than folding Stephanie Seymour's clothes.

Like I said, don't want to defend her, and I don't know specifically what she did in Brazil, but I just don't like that argument of housekeeper/nanny. That was over 20 years ago. Not saying she's competent. I don't know. It's just always coming back to the housekeeper thing that bugs me. It seems like a cheap shot. Maybe that's just me.

I'm not sure why a lot of you want Beta gone. I mean Irving Azoff,one of the most powerful men in entertainment was at the helm and we know how that turned out.

I'm not sure people want Beta entirely gone.. If she's like a mother figure to Axl, that ain't happening anytime soon.

What I guess people want is have Beta gone back to the kitchen and household affairs and get someone with real experience in the music business pulling Axl out of the hole he's in and finally make him record amazing music.

I don't know to what extent that is possible and if there is really someone out there who can achieve this or it is all based on Axl's will to resurface as the great singer he used to be.

Who is greater in the music industry than Azoff and Doc McGhee? Those are some pretty heavy hitters. I know there were others but those names spring to mind.I guess you could bring in anybody but if Axl doesn't wanna play ball then it's a no-go.

This. Plus I always think the housekeeper is a petty argument. She's been in the music industry now in one way or the other for more than twenty years, she has experience. A lot of people here act as if Axl just made a random cleaning lady his manager. I don't know if she's any good, I don't know if anyone else could do it better, but I don't like that argument. Furthermore, she had an executive job in Brazil before she moved to the US.

Beta was an Executive Secretary in Brazil, before moving to the US:

"Q: Were you a secretary before moving to the United States?"

"A: I worked in Quaker, in Itajai, Santa Catarina. I was an Executive Secretary. I moved to the US because the situation in Brazil was very hard and I was divorced with three children..."

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Interviews/article0155.htm

I wanna know why Axl needs so many assistants? Or he just hires anyone that has anything to do with TB and supports them? Idgi.

Most people in that position need at least two assistants - my boss' boss has two Personal Assistants, and that's in the corporate world. Someone like Axl - especially Axl - would need an assistant 24/7 and one person alone couldn't possibly fulfil that role.

Edited by Lindy100

Let's look at the psychology here:

Axl is allegedly/possibly/probably bipolar.

Team Brazil is responsible for keeping Axl:

1. Mentally safe

2. Professionally safe

3. Financially safe

Axl's mental health directly affects his professional development, which in turn affects his finances. It's easy to say as an outsider "Team Brazil is just in it for the money".

But if any parts of the above chain break down, they don't get any money.

Hence why we get stories of Axl agreeing to work with a producer, then soon after running over a pile of CD's with his car and firing the producer.

Keeping Axl in familiar territory (cash-grab tours) and not forcing him to write/record keeps the money coming in. It also keeps Team Brazil employed.

They upset the perpetual cash-grab touring in 2012 to try some new things (Internet PPV, 3D movie, web stream of Vegas show on Satellite Radio, etc) and probably got burned by Rockfuel's lawyers after Axl decided he didn't want the 3D movie released.

Axl is a liability to himself, and it's commendable that Team Brazil are able to keep him happy.

But perhaps that is coming to an end.

If you think GNR with Team Brazil is bad, imagine Axl running the entire show himself.

I think we're about to enter some weird times.

I never thought of it this way. I'm not saying I agree with this just yet, but this is certainly one of the better posts that shines a better looking light on Team Brazil.

Nah. She has experience with ONLY ONE artist and when she joined him, he was coming down from the peak of the mountain. Her experience is very limited. 20 years of basically accompanying a singer who took 13 years to complete an album. I wouldn't take that experience too serious.

"Executive job" in Brazil, not sure about that. Recently I found out people in Brazil call maids "assistant" or "secretary", and in the end they are just people who help a busy someone. Maybe they do not particularly "clean the toilett", but it's really not that much of a deal as the title sounds.

Plus, it makes no sense that she had an "executive job" in Brazil to move to the US to be the nanny of the son of a supermodel. Usually one doesn't go backwards in the working career.

Unless you are moving to another country and aren't really fluent in the language, you don't have the right degrees, references... Anyway, I don't know what she specifically did in Brazil and I feel no urge to defend her in any way, but it bugs me that after more than 20 years people still call her nanny or housekeeper. I think it's a cheap shot. That's all. 20 years ago, I was a babysitter too :shrugs:

If you have a great job in your country, why would you move somewhere else to start from zero? That makes no sense at all!

I'm sorry but I don't think her job in Brazil was a big deal.

She's not been a manager for 20 years, at least, not from day one when she was hired by Axl. She started recently, actually, and please name other artists she has managed. You can't. She has no experience in the field, I'm sorry.

It may come up as a "cheap shot" and probably reducing her to "babysitter" is incorrect. But saying she has experience managing bands and musicians, it is wrong as well.

I wanna know why Axl needs so many assistants? Or he just hires anyone that has anything to do with TB and supports them? Idgi.

Because he doesn't have a wife. That's why. If he had one, then he would need only one assistant.

One person can't take of everything related to housekeeping AND his needs as a celebrity/singer. Imagine he can't do anything on his own like we mortals do. He can't go to supermarket by himself. He can't order pizza on the phone by himself. He can't go pay his taxes or book his own flights. He's basically disabled. For being famous.

He can't order pizza on the phone by himself.

Have you seen him the past few years?

He might be totally unable to do much of anything else, but I can guarantee you he's got more than 1 pizza place on speed dial.

Axl clearly has no problem getting food for himself.

• Like 2

He should fire Beta and Ron should quit. Forum would be on fire for weeks.

You aren't satisfied with all the whining and crying about rape and not being able to post about tweets?

I don't even know what is that all about man.

U dont Even know about is?

:)

I'm not sure why a lot of you want Beta gone. I mean Irving Azoff,one of the most powerful men in entertainment was at the helm and we know how that turned out.

I'm not sure people want Beta entirely gone.. If she's like a mother figure to Axl, that ain't happening anytime soon.

What I guess people want is have Beta gone back to the kitchen and household affairs and get someone with real experience in the music business pulling Axl out of the hole he's in and finally make him record amazing music.

I don't know to what extent that is possible and if there is really someone out there who can achieve this or it is all based on Axl's will to resurface as the great singer he used to be.

Who is greater in the music industry than Azoff and Doc McGhee? Those are some pretty heavy hitters. I know there were others but those names spring to mind.I guess you could bring in anybody but if Axl doesn't wanna play ball then it's a no-go.

This. Plus I always think the housekeeper is a petty argument. She's been in the music industry now in one way or the other for more than twenty years, she has experience. A lot of people here act as if Axl just made a random cleaning lady his manager. I don't know if she's any good, I don't know if anyone else could do it better, but I don't like that argument. Furthermore, she had an executive job in Brazil before she moved to the US.

Agree Lio, I met her last year & we talked about her job & she was asking me if I knew Qakers. I know they run schools & maybe have involvement in food but told her I had heard of them. However she was on her own with 3 small children & doubt Brazil pays well so left for higher pay to work for Stephanie as a relative of hers married a relative of Stephanies. By earning more money in a less pressured job in the US she was able to take her children (jointly or separately?) to the US for a better life (no pun intended).

Anyway I thought Fernando was the Manager & Beta was Personal Assistant. So for Beta to be fired does that mean Fernando would have to fire his Mum? Axl fires everyone & seems to forget when he cools down, seems to me more of the 'little' unknown people leave before they get fired as they're so frustrated with the antics.

Edited by rock4eva

So to recap... Beta was likely fired and subsequently rehired again - probably not for the first (or last) time?

Axl Rose is her boss. It's hardly surprising and it's not really that interesting. :lol:

Shit, even band members of guns n roses have been fired and rehired ad nauseum since 1991. Edited by TeeJay410
  • Like 1

Tom Mayhue thought Appetite for Democracy was already out when he was interviewed by that Buenos Aires radio station before the gig there in April. Why would Axl be again its delayed release? Change his mind?

Edited by Amir