New Sixx:A.M Album -"Modern Vintage" out October/ 7/ 2014

Another song out. Let's Go. It kinda reminds me of Halestorm. Not really a bad thing, but then again, Halestorm's lyrics are kinda corny, at times, though the music is relatively decent which is probably the case here. I can tolerate it though I can really tolerate a lot of modern hard rock.

Edited by Anguyen92

It's better than a lot of things that are successful as alternative these days, good solo, song is alright tbh, not something I'd listen to that much but nothing really wrong with it, I'd expect if he brought a basic structure like that to GNR with the other guys chiming in it'd be pretty good. Like I've said before, I think Ashba is a decent player who can write radio rock but is it enough for a GNR lead player/co-writer? The solo was fine, I've always liked his solo spots and his addiction to the friction was okay, he does sound limited regarding his riffs and solos from sixx:am work, maybe he can think outside the box/be pushed/inspired with GNR challenges and the old guys and BBF/4TUS trynna best one another. Hypothetical ofc until King Axl sees the light. We don't know much about 4tus except he's more competent than Ashba live-wise. BBF could be a demigod, he's not in the band environment outside GNR to be successful in that format but I've no doubt from his solo stuff, live shows and clinics and clear knowledge of rock n' roll/metal he could condense his weirder ideas into a cauldron with the other guys. Finck was a weird player but he had the pizazz, Bucket was insane.

As a GNR guitarist the jury is still out, as a radio rock guitarist he's fine. Has limitations but part of the whole system, he's alright to stay if I ignore the clichés and gimmicks and accept he isn't that competent a live performer.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Another song out. Let's Go. It kinda reminds me of Halestorm. Not really a bad thing, but then again, Halestorm's lyrics are kinda corny, at times, though the music is relatively decent which is probably the case here. I can tolerate it though I can really tolerate a lot of modern hard rock.

and people say Slash is a generic guitar player....

Slash and the Conspirators is Jimi Hendrix compared to this shite band

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think the album is okay frankly...and I didn't really like the first two Sixx AM albums.

I mean, as far as FM rock is concerned, there is way worse than this. It does the job, the songs are reasonably catchy, well produced.

It's not an "interesting" album by any means, but what it does it does well in my opinion.

SIXX:A.M. WITH APOCALYPTICA

“The Modern Vintage Tour” 2015:

4/08/2015 – San Francisco, CA – The Regency Ballroom
4/10/2015 – Las Vegas, NV – The Joint
4/11/2015 – Los Angeles, CA – Club Nokia
4/13/2015 – Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre
4/14/2015 – Kansas City, MO – Midland Theatre
4/16/2015 – Houston, TX – Warehouse Live
4/17/2015 – Dallas, TX – Bomb Factory
4/19/2015 – Minneapolis, MN – Mill City Nights
4/20/2015 – Chicago, IL – The Vic Theater
4/21/2015 – Detroit, MI – Royal Oak Music Theatre
4/23/2015 – Toronto, ON – Phoenix Concert Theatre
4/24/2015 – Sayreville, NJ – Starland Ballroom
4/25/2015 – Worcester, MA – Worcester Palladium
4/27/2015 – New York, NY – Best Buy Theater
4/28/2015 – Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory
4/29/2015 – Silver Springs, MD – The Fillmore

Hmmmm... Some give Myles shit, but this guy defines Generic.... Myles is a lot better than this. As far as DJ Solos... Tremelo picking while rocking that wah back and fourth on every song kind of sucks.. He is going for a Zakk Wylde esque type solo without the chops. Not bad playing, just very unoriginal..