New Sixx:A.M Album -"Modern Vintage" out October/ 7/ 2014

Man, idk. Loved the last two albums but I am kind of lost here. This is Gonna Hurt was a grower for me, though.

DJ kind of "saved" this song with a pretty good solo but it is just so poppy. I don't have a good feeling about this record. Hope I'm wrong

I'm loving it. Love the intro, really reminds me of Beautiful Creatures' song 1 AM. About the solo, I think it's brilliant. The chorus is mindblowing, but I don't like the production too much, the guitars could be heavier and the drums a little less higher on the mix or at least just more natural

Edited by BreakDown2014

Modern Vintage has several different styles of music on it. It's way more diverse than the previous two and will appeal.(hopefully) to a wider audience. I hope you all give the album a listen in full, there's bound to be one or two you'll like. This will be Sixx AM's best album to date.

I'm loving it. Love the intro, really reminds me of Beautiful Creatures' song 1 AM. About the solo, I think it's brilliant. The chorus is mindblowing, but I don't like the production too much, the guitars could be heavier and the drums a little less higher on the mix or at least just more natural

Love the song, but came here just to say what you already said about the 1am comparison. I'm a guitar player moderately. I instantly caught the comparison of the intro. I know how to play most of 1am, so sure enough I picked up my guitar and tried the intro with a rhythm more like Stars. Identical. His tutorial video just confirmed it for me. Same notes except 1am is I believe down half a step.. Lol

Edited by Gunner55

This Star song and the previous one have easy sing-along choruses, which is good

for the live performances. At the moment I like the Star chorus more.

Both songs sound like someone thought of an easy to sing-along chorus and they quickly

wrote something simple around it, they are like draft versions of songs. With a bit of time

they could have been developed into really good songs with evolving melodies and lyrics.

Now it is more just repetition of the same within the songs and in between the songs.

These songs are most likely better live than on record, like it was with the Life is Beautiful.

The singer’s boyish charm saves the videos, Ashba and Sixx just look like they are having

an exceptionally bad hair day.

The guitar parts sound a lot like generic pop-rock/metal that's been going stale for about eight years now, the solo is fine nothing wrong with it, not amazing but it's respectable, don't like the singing or anything else much but it's not crap, I just would hope DJ can bring a lot more to GNR, which is why he ought to be just a part of the songwriting with the other guys, not the wingman.

• Like 1

I just heard this on the radio earlier, it sounded like the band just listened to Queen's Fat Bottomed Girls and tried remaking it for 2014.

Not as bad as what Avenged Sevenfold did for their latest album, but I'm really not impressed by this track. I've liked the band's previous two albums too.

Edited by Gackt

Yes two of A7X's songs sounded like metallica and one GNR but the rest was their own sound, which is composed of Pantera, Maiden, GNR, Tallica and Megadeth with a sprinkle of prog here and there, it was definitely a solid record, I think it's aeons better than sixx:am.

^^ That's a bit uncalled for. Ashba is a member of GNR (despite what people may say) which means that this is as much of a thread as threads on Slash's new album and tour (I'm a fan of both) and some people want to know what Ashba is going to be doing in a creative process if Axl doesn't want to release anything that has him or any other guys in GNR playing.

Edited by Anguyen92

^^ That's a bit uncalled for. Ashba is a member of GNR (despite what people may say) which means that this is as much of a thread as threads on Slash's new album and tour (I'm a fan of both) and some people want to know what Ashba is going to be doing in a creative process if Axl doesn't want to release anything that has him or any other guys in GNR playing.

ashba is less than gilby when it comes to gnr values

he's written nothing

and persona is not GNR at all