Ask staff

UK SUBS

In terms of the picture threads, we'll be restoring many of them over the coming weeks.

Full disclosure: we had to remove the UYI section from public viewing as it was too riddled with violating content. It would have taken us months to sort through everything and we just didn't have that kind of time or inclination. Over the next few weeks we'll be restoring certain threads and likely restart the picture section when we feel confident that it will not violate forum rules. Ultimately we'd prefer to just restore the whole thing and move on, but unfortunately there are economic realities that are forcing our hand with respect to advertising.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this one, but your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

It's a donation thing. If you're $200 or more for the year (I think) you go blue.

You think? Fuck right off you brown nosing little cuntybollocks! You know exactly what it is!!!! :lol:

Merry Christmas. :D

:lol:

I honestly don't, you fucking Lifetime movie waiting to happen. They started the color stuff after I donated.

Merry Christmas, buddy. The picture thread is expecting a couple shots of dad's first Christmas with his little girl.

I'm probably just retarded and/or missed something, but did we do away with the use your illusion section?

For now, it was part of the forum clean up. Some stuff will be returning in the the New Year some stuff not, it isn't all fully decided yet.

Hope your Dad is doing better by the way. Have a good Christmas.

I'm probably just retarded and/or missed something, but did we do away with the use your illusion section?

In terms of the picture threads, we'll be restoring many of them over the coming weeks.

Full disclosure: we had to remove the UYI section from public viewing as it was too riddled with violating content. It would have taken us months to sort through everything and we just didn't have that kind of time or inclination. Over the next few weeks we'll be restoring certain threads and likely restart the picture section when we feel confident that it will not violate forum rules. Ultimately we'd prefer to just restore the whole thing and move on, but unfortunately there are economic realities that are forcing our hand with respect to advertising.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this one, but your patience and cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Oh that makes sense then. Thanks man.

For now, it was part of the forum clean up. Some stuff will be returning in the the New Year some stuff not, it isn't all fully decided yet.

Thanks man. Thankfully it was nothing too serious. Have a merry Christmas as well :-)

Oh that makes sense then. Thanks man.

Thanks man. Thankfully it was nothing too serious. Have a merry Christmas as well :-)
:lol: pssst... Alfie's a chick.
  • Like 2

I think it's extremely disappointing if most of the forums history isn't going to be available.

Why if it's archived would it still not show up the forum? Surely the resources are still being used if it's all still there, just not accessible? Just seems to me that the forum's policy on cleaning up threads is going a bit too far. If this was a thread about HTGTH blocking access to most of it's archives people here would be fucking outraged. I'm going to assume alot of people haven't checked this thread and some others who have just missed the small print.

I think it's extremely disappointing if most of the forums history isn't going to be available.

Why if it's archived would it still not show up the forum? Surely the resources are still being used if it's all still there, just not accessible? Just seems to me that the forum's policy on cleaning up threads is going a bit too far. If this was a thread about HTGTH blocking access to most of it's archives people here would be fucking outraged. I'm going to assume alot of people haven't checked this thread and some others who have just missed the small print.

There's a very good reason why these actions were taken that will be disclosed very soon. But rest assured that most of the more relevant and important threads relating to the history of GNR and this forum will be coming back. It has nothing to do with censorship and everything to do with keeping this forum alive for the foreseeable future.

God when I read posts like this is supports my decision to step down, there's a small minority that are literally never fucking happy.

You could have all those threads back and no ads. But then you'd need to pay $330usd a month to keep the forum alive. If you're up for that awesome otherswise - as Downzy has posted/eluded to - without google onside we're fucked. With google back onside we had to compromise. It's not difficult mate.

In short - for the benefit of the long term security of this forum, certain threads needed to be shelved. Downzy and the team have spent hours and hours, days and days of their own time deleting posts to enable a crucial income stream to become available again. Without that = no forum.

• Like 3

There's a very good reason why these actions were taken that will be disclosed very soon. But rest assured that most of the more relevant and important threads relating to the history of GNR and this forum will be coming back. It has nothing to do with censorship and everything to do with keeping this forum alive for the foreseeable future.

God when I read posts like this is supports my decision to step down, there's a small minority that are literally never fucking happy.

You could have all those threads back and no ads. But then you'd need to pay $330usd a month to keep the forum alive. If you're up for that awesome otherswise - as Downzy has posted/eluded to - without google onside we're fucked. With google back onside we had to compromise. It's not difficult mate.

In short - for the benefit of the long term security of this forum, certain threads needed to be shelved. Downzy and the team have spent hours and hours, days and days of their own time deleting posts to enable a crucial income stream to become available again. Without that = no forum.

I get where you're coming from Subsy, but I get the criticism too. Especially when Downzy says "There's a very good reason why these actions were taken that will be disclosed very soon". I'm not bothered personally, but when you say "We will now do something that affects you and we won't explain why yet" it's just a frustrating situation for people to be in. Especially (and I say this with all due respect for Downzy) when it comes from someone who has just gotten into the driver seat.

I think it's extremely disappointing if most of the forums history isn't going to be available. Why if it's archived would it still not show up the forum? Surely the resources are still being used if it's all still there, just not accessible? Just seems to me that the forum's policy on cleaning up threads is going a bit too far. If this was a thread about HTGTH blocking access to most of it's archives people here would be fucking outraged. I'm going to assume alot of people haven't checked this thread and some others who have just missed the small print.

I think it's extremely disappointing if most of the forums history isn't going to be available. Why if it's archived would it still not show up the forum? Surely the resources are still being used if it's all still there, just not accessible? Just seems to me that the forum's policy on cleaning up threads is going a bit too far. If this was a thread about HTGTH blocking access to most of it's archives people here would be fucking outraged. I'm going to assume alot of people haven't checked this thread and some others who have just missed the small print.

God when I read posts like this is supports my decision to step down, there's a small minority that are literally never fucking happy.You could have all those threads back and no ads. But then you'd need to pay $330usd a month to keep the forum alive. If you're up for that awesome otherswise - as Downzy has posted/eluded to - without google onside we're fucked. With google back onside we had to compromise. It's not difficult mate.In short - for the benefit of the long term security of this forum, certain threads needed to be shelved. Downzy and the team have spent hours and hours, days and days of their own time deleting posts to enable a crucial income stream to become available again. Without that = no forum.
I get where you're coming from Subsy, but I get the criticism too. Especially when Downzy says "There's a very good reason why these actions were taken that will be disclosed very soon". I'm not bothered personally, but when you say "We will now do something that affects you and we won't explain why yet" it's just a frustrating situation for people to be in. Especially (and I say this with all due respect for Downzy) when it comes from someone who has just gotten into the driver seat.
Downzy is being far more polite than I would but let me state -- without downzys' input the last 6 weeks, I'd have closed down this forum, period. Sooooo, no threads that we're moaning about. That's MY point mate. Thanks to downzy, google was reinstated and thankfully the forum was saved because had google of turned us down again - within the turn of 2015 - I would have closed this forum; but now thanks to his hard work, the forum lives on, I'm not being dramatic, he's pretty much solely responsible. So people moaning about missing certain threads are missing the entire point, I just find it kinda frustrating tbh.... But hey, that's just me :)

God when I read posts like this is supports my decision to step down, there's a small minority that are literally never fucking happy.You could have all those threads back and no ads. But then you'd need to pay $330usd a month to keep the forum alive. If you're up for that awesome otherswise - as Downzy has posted/eluded to - without google onside we're fucked. With google back onside we had to compromise. It's not difficult mate.In short - for the benefit of the long term security of this forum, certain threads needed to be shelved. Downzy and the team have spent hours and hours, days and days of their own time deleting posts to enable a crucial income stream to become available again. Without that = no forum.
Downzy is being far more polite than I would but let me state -- without downzys' input the last 6 weeks, I'd have closed down this forum, period. Sooooo, no threads that we're moaning about. That's MY point mate. Thanks to downzy, google was reinstated and thankfully the forum was saved because had google of turned us down again - within the turn of 2015 - I would have closed this forum; but now thanks to his hard work, the forum lives on, I'm not being dramatic, he's pretty much solely responsible. So people moaning about missing certain threads are missing the entire point, I just find it kinda frustrating tbh.... But hey, that's just me :)
I'm not denying any of that (nor was I stating otherwise). I wasn't moaning, I was just saying I get why some people might want to ask questions. I know that you find it frustrating. I totally get that too. I've said time and time again that being an admin here is one of the most ungrateful jobs a person can have way before you even bought it. So I totally get your frustration. Just.. don't let it get the better of you man. I get the feeling I'm already hitting a nerve here while all I did was said I get why people are asking questions. :unsure:

People don't always get your point because they can't oversee the situation and/or know what you guys know. I find that incredibly understandable.

I also hate seeing you getting more bitter over it man. :unsure: Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it comes off to me sometimes. I'm not saying I don't understand why, I just hate seeing it.

Edited by username

.... And like I say, that's why I probably come off like that; you've kinda answered your own question.

Yeah, but it's not entirely fair to get pissed at people when they start asking questions either. It's like demanding blind faith now. Yes, some are just complaining assholes. But I think most just ask questions because they're trying to help and think of things to help the situation. People don't know why you guys decided to do what you do and how you got to that. I'm not even criticizing you guys here, just saying that I understand both sides of it.