Goodbye Ron (???)

If true, I hope Axl doesn't try to replace him. It would be hilarious to watch DJ Ashba attempt the second half of the SCOM solo, let alone any of the Chinese shredding. I say make DJ step up to the job. Since we're not getting a new album anytime in the next millennium at least watching DJ squirm as sole lead guitarist will provide some kind of entertainment-factor.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

It seems fairly obvious he's reached his wits end. I don't really care either way. The show will go on regardless.

Although, if I was Axl, I'd probably reevaluate what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and if it's really worth it. Cause looking at it objectively, it hasn't. What has he really achieved/proved with nu guns as a whole? Some moderately successful tours mainly due to nostalgia, and that's it. Everybody worth respecting from nu guns has booked. What's really left to root for?

Best of luck to Ron if this is true. Just wish he would handle this better and either leave, or stay and quit being a baby back bitch about it. The way this car runs is obviously never gonna change. Make a decision and stick with it ffs. Enough is enough already :jerkoff:

Ron's out? I think my interest level just hit an all-time low.

Interest level on a scale of 1-100:

2001-2002 - 75 (exciting but poor)

2006-2007 - 90 (exciting and no longer poor, soon is the word?)

2008 - 70 (Chinese Democracy blows big hairy donkey balls)

2009-2010 - 40 (Ashba joins and is horrible, but Axl is still good)

2011-2013 - 10 (It becomes more apparent just how shit Ashba is and on top of that Axl sucks ass AND no new album)

2014 - 5 (Ron quits as well)

I really hope this isn't true, Ron is one of the best things about NuGN'R in my opinion. Completely understandable if true though, I mean if Axl doesn't want to make any music I don't see why Ron would want to stay. Only so long you can be happy covering other people's parts. Ron's obviously a really creative guy and GN'R isn't scratching that itch. It's kind of sad to see the band like this, I mean look back to 2001 or 2006, Axl seemed to have such a drive to make new music and establish the new band.

If BBF is done, it's time to do some sort of hybred reunion. I hear the boys in VR need a singer, now Axl needs a guitar player. Just seems like time imo.

Slash doesn't need a singer. VR died 6 years ago and if they ever put out another album I'll eat a sock.

Do we get to watch the sock eating?

If he did leave after Vegas I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal was to keep quiet for a while giving TB time to figure out what to do (or build up courage to tell Axl!). Ron isn't good at keeping schtum though, maybe why we get cryptic messages and hints.

So this thread started with his social media info being updated... have we had any official reaction yet?

It would suck if the best guitar player in the band would leave, but the reality is that with GnR's track record of late you can't fault him for doing it.

Here we go again.. ah well, I hope it's true for once (it probably means nothing though).

Anyways..

No new music = touring band = nostalgia act = not really worth obsessing about.

I hope Slash's new album is good. At least he releases new stuff.

Edited by Lethalis

By now I wouldn't be surprised if we only officially heard Ron is in/out when GNR gets active again. It doesn't really matter now, because they're not doing anything now anyway, and because things always change, nothing is ever sure until it actually happens. If the dates for Mexico and Brazil are confirmed, that'll be soon enough, I guess.

Obviously Ron isn't the first guitar player in this band to come and go. Just add him to the list. I don't think it matters all that much. Despite Axl's inability to hold on to them, the band somehow always manages to drag on. Besides, in contrast to the guys before him, Ron's contributions were minimal.

What I'm looking forward to now is a scathing, rambling, incoherent statement from Axl blaming Ron for everything.

• Like 1

The band has been dead for a while. This is just one more thing that makes it difficult to stay in denial about that.

Dead, or just way #Demented ?

Good luck teaching DJ the parts, Axl. :lol:

DJ will just dumb them down immensely give his own interpretations.

DJ will just dumb them down immensely give his own interpretations.

Which DJ "interpretations" would you be most frightened to hear?

I'd personally love to see him tackle SCOM second half, NR outro and TWAT.

Or more likely they'll give John 5 a call.....

The band has been dead for a while. This is just one more thing that makes it difficult to stay in denial about that.

A new release in 2014/2015 followed by another tour will prove otherwise.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Sometimes it sucks being a GN'R fan, like right now.