World of Fire with Axl, or CD with Slash

ToonGuns

I'm not a regular poster on here, although I do read most of what goes on...

I know there's regularly "Slash v Axl" type threads and polls on here, Bumblefoot v Buckethead, Robin v DJ, AFD v UYI, Brain v Adler etc etc... and I think I saw a recent one for World of Fire v Chinese Democracy.

However I was thinking last night, what would people legitimately think would be the better album:

World of Fire - but with Axl on vocals.

Chinese Democracy - but with Slash on guitar.

I guess the only win would be Axl on WOF and it really wouldn't be a win at all. You would have improved vocals on top of the same shit lyrics and bad guitars, but the songs would still suck ass. I don't think that having Slash play Robin's parts would be a big enough improvement to make much of a difference.

I guess the only win would be Axl on WOF and it really wouldn't be a win at all. You would have improved vocals on top of the same shit lyrics and bad guitars, but the songs would still suck ass. I don't think that having Slash play Robin's parts would be a big enough improvement to make much of a difference.

Um.... Slash would write his own parts, and Axl would write his own lyrics. Thought World ON Fire was a good album, great guitars, and the lyrics are pretty good in my opinion!

• Like 1

Um.... Slash would write his own parts, and Axl would write his own lyrics.

Doesn't say that anywhere in the OP. Still don't think better lyrics and vocals would do much to make up for the bad guitar work though so I would go for Slash redoing Robin's parts if that were the case.

Slash is great playing hard rock. Axl is (was) great singing hard rock.

Slash sucks playing multi-layered hip hop ballads. Axl sucks singing multi-layered hip hop ballads.

Easy answer.

you are the biggest Axl hater I see on this forum. Every thread I read theres you saying something negative about Axl, usually in a way you think is smart and witty but is actually purely ignorant

Slash sucks playing multi-layered hip hop ballads. Axl sucks singing multi-layered hip hop ballads.

Easy answer.

you are the biggest Axl hater I see on this forum. Every thread I read theres you saying something negative about Axl, usually in a way you think is smart and witty but is actually purely ignorant

Must to be true.

I'm not a regular poster on here, although I do read most of what goes on...

I know there's regularly "Slash v Axl" type threads and polls on here, Bumblefoot v Buckethead, Robin v DJ, AFD v UYI, Brain v Adler etc etc... and I think I saw a recent one for World of Fire v Chinese Democracy.

However I was thinking last night, what would people legitimately think would be the better album:

World of Fire - but with Axl on vocals.

Chinese Democracy - but with Slash on guitar.

World of Fire - but with Axl on vocals

I would love to hear Slash on TWAT and that's about it.

Yea I change my answer, Axl would add more to WOF. In fact id love that album if Axl was on it.

Cd actually has some amazing guitar work. The guys did a really good job on the album. Axl was very weak on CD in my opinion. But instrumentally it's an incredible album! bucket, and Robin have some great moments so I don't think Slash really could have added much more besides an authentic GNR sound.

Must be conceived with a shared vision to not be shit. Axl and Slash in the same room, will never happen, but if it did with Izzy and Duff there, let's just say that I think something cool will come out of it. It won't change the world, but it will probably still be better then anything they can create on their own, without each other. Without that kinetic chemistry. That's very hard to find even once.

I love all of the ChiDem songs, and Slash's guitar work would only improve them. The production is the only thing I don't like about Chinese Democracy. I can't imagine Chinese Democracy having the same industrial/overproduced sound if Slash was a major contributor.

World On Fire did nothing for me. Axl's vocals would be a huge improvement, but I'd still like it less than anything else GnR did.

Easy answer.

The man has taste then haha