The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

My girlfriend is psychotic, crazy, and possessive.

I need a way out.

Does she keep your balls in her purse too?

Honestly yes in the mean time.

I am trying to find gainful employment so I can be self efficient enough to pack up and leave. I am playing her little appeasement game until I can back out gracefully.

She is a psychotic, mental bitch with no regard to her own shortcomings. I am joining the local church for help in transition.

I need a way out.

I am trying to find gainful employment so I can be self efficient enough to pack up and leave. I am playing her little appeasement game until I can back out gracefully.

She is a psychotic, mental bitch with no regard to her own shortcomings. I am joining the local church for help in transition.

Joining the priesthood my son?

I need a way out.

Yea, religion never fucked with anyone's head or anything.

It's quite simple, really. I don't really subscribe to the theory that the 'friendzone' is an exclusively female-male phenomenon. There are some lassies I love to bits as pals, but I know that I'm not attracted to in a romantic way or a sexual way (and those two aren't necessarily the same thing either). At age 14, I maybe hoped that one day I'd sweep her off her feet (though I was too shy to ever try at that stage in my life), but I've been around her for long enough to know the way she looks and behaves around people she is attracted to, and it's a completely different way to how she acts towards me. I don't think there's anything I could do to change that. Not the way I'd want it, but I'm not sure it's my 'fault', as such...

From society's point of view, there's nothing fucking admirable about unrequited lovers, is there? You're not good enough to get the girl. You must not be man enough, attractive enough, confident enough... you're the 'beta male' that watches, broken-hearted as your love interest ignores you for a string of assertive, abusive douchebags or you're that creepy guy that offers a lassie a shoulder to cry on while nursing the erection to end all boners.

Boring fucking clichés. I guess I'm trying to describe the situation without sounding like Miser who basically consistently tried to depict his love life as some sort of Hollywood drama. Real life is not a high-school movie, but this is one of these situations which does occur quite a lot in fiction, so it's difficult to describe it without resorting to tired metaphors.

There's a very slim chance I could be completely and utterly wrong, I've never actually talked to her about it (the last time I saw her was before I'd ever asked a girl out), but I like to think I'm a canny enough judge of character to know whether or not it would be worthwhile, and my instincts tell me not. It's not as if I'm pining miserably for something that will never happen, she's been out of my life for a long time and I've been totally fine, I was just reminded tonight of how much I enjoy her company, and it's made me reflective.

Dude, no offense and I really just trying to give you some man to man advice.........WHY WOULDN'T YOU ASK HER OUT!! YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT SHE IS THINKING DUDE!!

She might be thinking the same thing as you.

Dude, ask your female friend out. There is a reason you guys are friends (chemistry). Maybe it ruins the friendship, but at least you will know....why would never not want that peace of mind.

Too late, I went to a big New Year party today and discovered she's now apparently going out with a friend of mine. Och well :).

Now I just need to screw things up with the other lassie I fancy at the moment and 2016 will be off to a typical Graeme start :lol:.

Graeme, he's a looker, he's educated, he plays in a band, surely for a bit of university crumpet thats all the boxes ticked, if he wanted to get his end away i don't think it's actually that difficult for him, he just wants to sort himself out whilst being himself apparently and not just a twat. I think Graeme should come down here, London ways, lay a bit of that fuckin' Volcanology chat on a bird in some fuckin' Jazz lounge type gaff, he'll be fuckin' well away! He's got that pullers Scotish accent too, not the horrible Spud out of Trainspotting one, i can't see how he would not pull around here.

And Arnie ain't gonna help you out on the pull, can you imagine that sour-faced twat waffling on about Jesus til the wee hours of the morning, no amount of American accent of little waif-like whiteboy charm is gonna help you get some trim out of that equation, fuck that :lol:

Stop over thinking everything is the best advice. Don't waste your time trying to be her friend. That doesn't mean be a dick, it means charm the pants off her from the start, flirt and be direct. Girls aren't dumb, they can spot that a guy is attracted a mile off. After she responds by flirting back, just fucking drop the hand or ask her out or something.

If she says no, so what? Brush it off, go get a beer and don't waste a second more on her.

If she says no, so what? Brush it off, go get a beer and don't waste a second more on her.

Why not waste a second more on her? If he likes her, what is then wrong with friendship? I don't understand this notion that it is either succeed at getting the girl, or forget about her. It is a very black/white sort of perspective, like all that matters is bagging girls. And what is this idea that we should just brush off afailed ttempts at getting together with girls we are in love with or who we really, really like? Shouldn't it be cause for some sad feelings at least? Do we need to act like it doesn't matter? Isn't that in a way reducing the feelings we had by pretending they don't matter in the end?

You probably didn't mean it that way, but I do see similar statements from, presumably, rather young men who are influenced by these ideas that it is all a game, where emotions have no place, and it is all about succeeding at picking up girls as if they are items and as if feelings don't exist or is at best a problem.

Male responses to females is probably one of the most interesting social phenomenas out there, the assigning of an archetype to the female species is almost entirely to do with personal trauma, it's designed to objectify and create a blueprint through which the male can simplify and moderate his behaviour towards them and mask their own internal confusion. You gotta feel sorry for the poor mares really :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard

Congrats :) Are you doing anything special?

Yes, actually we are. I usually attend a conference in San Francisco around this time of the year, so this time I am brining my wife with me. We'll go to LOs Angeles first and then on to San Francisco. She can go shopping while I spend a couple of days working at the conference, then we have a few days after to be tourists. My 40th birthday is also now on Saturday, we'll be in LA then so that's another thing to celebrate.

I intended to like your post, but I am out of likes. Congratulations to you and your girl, too, I am happy for you :)