The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

Question, serious one here that I'd like peoples opinions on, say you meet a bird, get on like a house on fire etc She's alright with you and everything but a condition of being together is you've gotta knock the boozin' on the head...like completely, forever. What would you do?

Question, serious one here that I'd like peoples opinions on, say you meet a bird, get on like a house on fire etc She's alright with you and everything but a condition of being together is you've gotta knock the boozin' on the head...like completely, forever. What would you do?

Ignore the people who say "if she doesn't except you for who you are then she isn't worth it" or "she is already trying to change you, do you want a lifetime of that."

All of us have core values. And all of us have a group of core values that we would accept or not accept in a partner. Would you date a crack addict? Convicted child molester? Flat out racist?

One of this girls core group is no drinking. You have to admire that she is confident enough in herself to keep a standard that she doesn't just drop or making exceptions for because she meets a hot guy.

The answer to your question is very simple.

What is more important to you? A relationship with this girl - or - alcohol. Choose the one that you think will make you happier in life.

Lenny, she isn't the woman for you. We both know that.

Ignore the people who say "if she doesn't except you for who you are then she isn't worth it" or "she is already trying to change you, do you want a lifetime of that."

All of us have core values. And all of us have a group of core values that we would accept or not accept in a partner. Would you date a crack addict? Convicted child molester? Flat out racist?

One of this girls core group is no drinking. You have to admire that she is confident enough in herself to keep a standard that she doesn't just drop or making exceptions for because she meets a hot guy.

What is more important to you? A relationship with this girl - or - alcohol. Choose the one that you think will make you happier in life.

I see what you mean and everything, on paper but like...can i speak freely here, using like...just common language? Cuz i don't wanna offend you if you're some teetotaler or something so don't take this the wrong way but even if you are you're still a lad right so you get what i mean on some level, i don't wanna live like a fuckin' norman for the rest of my life. Every time you're out with the lads 'yeah, i'll have a lemonade shandy'...every party, every Christmas do, every fuckin' football game and in the pub before and after, sitting there with a lemonade or something, a shandy, whilst everyone else is having a laugh, I'm not Ned fuckin' Flanders, it's not like i'm saying i wanna bang out 2 grams of coke and smoke a quarter ounce everyday, it's just having a drink like normal people, I'm not a fuckin' alcoholic or anything it's just....what people do.

It's alright if it's not your thing but i ain't forcing no one to do nothing, i don't put conditions on no one that they gotta live a certain way or do certain things.

No, I would never give up drinking :lol: I mean, I understand if you're an alcoholic, someone who can't possibly drink one or two glasses, but always has to go all out and has a drinking problem. I understand your girlfriend would demand you'd stop drinking altogether. But other than that? If you're just a social drinker who likes a glass now and then and might on occasion be drunk (and not drive!!)? No.

Why would she demand you stopped drinking altogether, if I may ask?

I know some teetotallers myself, mostly people who've had to live with alcoholists and choose to abstain for that reason. But they don't ask their partners to quit drinking altogether, even if they witnessed first hand how alcohol can ruin your life, so even if I know teetotallers, I've never come across anyone who'd forbid his/her partner to drink alcohol. I could see they wouldn't want their partner to drink themselves under the table each weekend, but total abstinence? No.

She can fuck off. Beastly woman, robbing a guy of his tipple.

I see what you mean and everything, on paper but like...can i speak freely here, using like...just common language? Cuz i don't wanna offend you if you're some teetotaler or something so don't take this the wrong way but even if you are you're still a lad right so you get what i mean on some level, i don't wanna live like a fuckin' norman for the rest of my life. Every time you're out with the lads 'yeah, i'll have a lemonade shandy'...every party, every Christmas do, every fuckin' football game and in the pub before and after, sitting there with a lemonade or something, a shandy, whilst everyone else is having a laugh, I'm not Ned fuckin' Flanders, it's not like i'm saying i wanna bang out 2 grams of coke and smoke a quarter ounce everyday, it's just having a drink like normal people, I'm not a fuckin' alcoholic or anything it's just....what people do.

It's alright if it's not your thing but i ain't forcing no one to do nothing, i don't put conditions on no one that they gotta live a certain way or do certain things.

Lol - not offended at all.

Everybody has or does their own thing. I would never date a smoker, or a druggie, or a racist, etc.

When I was younger I drank all the time. Like the equivalent of Daisy at an all-you-can-eat food buffet.

But now I'm at a stage in life where I don't need to get a buzz or drunk on to have a good time. I'd rather be sober. Why do people need to have a couple beers? To get a buzz, to relax, to loosen up - whatever the reason. For me personally, I don't need alcohol to make those things happen.

A lot of my friends drink, and when we go out I have just as good of a time as they do, and I don't have anything to drink.

BUT you really just answered your own question.

Having a few drinks with your boys is more important to you than this girl. Maybe the next girl will also be a drinker. Or maybe you'll fall so in love with the next one, that you will gladly give up drinking for her.

This girl clearly doesn't mean enough to you. So like I said - you answered your own question!!!

• Like 1

Speaking from experience, and after hooking up with a friend that had a boyfriend last year for a few months, trust me, it's not worth it. That girl left me a wreck for a long time. Just look at my posts last year for proof of that. The mental and emotional anguish was a nightmare that never ended.

Thankfully, I've been in a much better place since meeting my current girlfriend earlier this year.

Speaking from experience, and after hooking up with a friend that had a boyfriend last year for a few months, trust me, it's not worth it. That girl left me a wreck for a long time. Just look at my posts last year for proof of that. The mental and emotional anguish was a nightmare that never ended.

Thankfully, I've been in a much better place since meeting my current girlfriend earlier this year.

She was getting some McCoy on the side, eh?

• Like 1

She was getting some McCoy on the side, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFosUj6A22c

As I came to find out well after the fact, she's been getting some on the side over the course of her entire relationship and doesn't see anything wrong with that.

I kinda feel bad for the guy, but he's no prize package himself. They basically deserve each other.

Gf and I have been fighting all the time. It is taken a toll on me. I lost thirty pounds and became a chain smoker.

I don't think I can handle dating.

But I remember being a self-loathing alcoholic wasn't very fun either.

It has been a little bit since I have been single so I don't remember how to pick up girls again.

Gf and I have been fighting all the time. It is taken a toll on me. I lost thirty pounds and became a chain smoker.

I don't think I can handle dating.

But I remember being a self-loathing alcoholic wasn't very fun either.

It has been a little bit since I have been single so I don't remember how to pick up girls again.

If i spent as much time as you do on morbid self attention i wouldnt imagine id need a girlfriend, i'd just stand in front of a full length mirror naked and masturbate everyday, its cheaper and you'd be as closest to true love as possible. Edited by Len B'stard

Well currently I have ringworm, warts and smeared salicyclic acid all over my face, scarring most of it as a result.

I look terrible.

My immune system has crashed. I think I should get tested.

What the fuck? You mucky bastard. Tested? Quarantine would be better.