The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

I'm not one for signs but this one is almost too good to be true...There was a girl who I had a huge crush on in high school, never new her name and forgot about her until 2 weeks ago,.... Saturday I go to the shoe store to buy new work boots, if I spent $150, I get $50 off. I was going to get a few shirts, but last minute I thought of these moccasin slippers ive always wanted... I didn't try them on, just grabbed a size 9.. When i get home the slippers are too small. Next day I exchange them them for the next size up... Take those ones home, as I tried tying them and the lace broke instantly... So I take these ones back, I notice this red head working there, they call her over the speaker for assistance so I heard her name.. When I got home I did some facebook stalking and it turned out to be the girl I liked... Its very ironic that I was just thinking of here a couple weeks prior, but didn't know her name. Then I start going through her facebook and it turns out that my best friends girlfriend and this girl are very good friends... What are the odds?

All this is almost too good to be true, I was just thinking about her recently and too find out my best friends girlfriend is friends with her makes it better... Should I ask my friend to see if they can fix me up with her?

Should I ask my friend to see if they can fix me up with her?

Has s friend's 'help' actually ever worked?

Go back to the shop and say hi. Try to get to know her again over a few months, then if that goes well, ask her out.

I can't promise that the moccasin slippers will help you pull though.

• Like 1

I'm not one for signs but this one is almost too good to be true...There was a girl who I had a huge crush on in high school, never new her name and forgot about her until 2 weeks ago,.... Saturday I go to the shoe store to buy new work boots, if I spent $150, I get $50 off. I was going to get a few shirts, but last minute I thought of these moccasin slippers ive always wanted... I didn't try them on, just grabbed a size 9.. When i get home the slippers are too small. Next day I exchange them them for the next size up... Take those ones home, as I tried tying them and the lace broke instantly... So I take these ones back, I notice this red head working there, they call her over the speaker for assistance so I heard her name.. When I got home I did some facebook stalking and it turned out to be the girl I liked... Its very ironic that I was just thinking of here a couple weeks prior, but didn't know her name. Then I start going through her facebook and it turns out that my best friends girlfriend and this girl are very good friends... What are the odds?

All this is almost too good to be true, I was just thinking about her recently and too find out my best friends girlfriend is friends with her makes it better... Should I ask my friend to see if they can fix me up with her?

None of that is ironic or a "sign."

You randomly ran into a girl you went to high school with. If you still live in the same city or area then there is nothing unusual at all about what happened to you.

You had a huge crush on her in high school but didn't even find out her first name???

Don't make the same mistake again. You've got a second chance now.

Let me help you out. Go to the store tomorrow. "Accidentally" walk by her. Catch her eye and say "Hi! Didn't you go to Jefferson High? Megan, right?".............you can take over from there.

Fact. Women make arnold financially and spiritually poor.

Fact: you're already spiritually bereft and it's about time you grew up and started taking some responsibility for the shitty decisions you make and the crappy way you view and treat people instead of whinge, whinge, whinging about your personal lack of fulfillment when you entirely bring it on yourself.

Edited by tomfriend

I will. For what it's worth, i don't believe in in signs, luck or miracle, I was just saying it felt like those.

I never talked to her because she was 2 years younger than me, I only saw her on the bus and in between classes once and while. I could of made a better effort.

No worries!

Go talk to her and keep us updated. Or you could send her a FB message too.

Best of luck. Hope it turns out well!

So... at 2:30pm UK time, I'm getting married today.

Just sat here in my dress waiting for the time to come along. :)

Congratulations! I haven't talked with you in a while, now. I was just thinking of trying to contact you today or tomorrow. Guess that won't be happening! I forgot when the wedding date was. Congrats to you and hubby! Oh, and have fun tonight, you good little Catholic girl ;-)

So this was an entire year ago.

• Like 1

Congratulations! I haven't talked with you in a while, now. I was just thinking of trying to contact you today or tomorrow. Guess that won't be happening! I forgot when the wedding date was. Congrats to you and hubby! Oh, and have fun tonight, you good little Catholic girl ;-)

So...what are your observations, having been a year in the trenches, how'd you make a relationship work, whats the secret, what are dispatches saying? :D

So...what are your observations, having been a year in the trenches, how'd you make a relationship work, whats the secret, what are dispatches saying? :D

Nothing more than just being able to enjoy each other's company. A little self-sacrifice comes in too, but only on minor, vain issues.

Congrats, Gracii and Mr Guns!

• Like 1

Recieved an email from my grandma today.

"Your wedding was unusual but welcoming".

Me: "in what way was it unusual?"

Gran: "your wedding was special because it was YOURS".

Now that doesn't answer my question and now I'm going to be forever wondering what was unusual about what I'd consider a traditional wedding.

I've a distinct feeling that she found it "unusual" because we served sandwiches, tea and cake instead of a three-course chicken dinner.

Edit: my complaints about my gran probably warrant their own thread.

Edited by Gracii Guns

Question for those that I was discussing with some people earlier this week, that I'm sure has probably been asked before:

Why aren't friends just fucking each other left and right? Like, a solid group of 3 or 4 guys and 3 or 4 girls that are all platonic. If they're not in a relationship, actively looking to get banged, and have literally nothing to do many nights, why aren't they just hooking up with each other, if nothing else but to pass the time.

One of my friends said probably because the girls wouldn't want to seem like sluts, even though I brought up that the guys would be just as slutty. And it wouldn't be like this was getting spread around so it would more be an agreement than slutty. Another said its literally cause women can't have sex without bringing feelings into it. Just curious if anyone has pondered this or been in that experience. I have a group of friends that is literally equal guys and equal girls, and I've always wondered if they're all so horny why aren't they just fucking each other.

It has nothing to do with emotions. Guys get way more attached and clingy than women do after sex....just read through this thread for proof of that. The reason women don't have sex with any old asshole is cause they have higher standards.

Cause girls aren't as horny and desperate as men, they only have sex with guys that give them "the tingles."

If they're hanging out with these platonic friends all the time, the dudes are already friend-zoned and will never be a potential sex partner cause the girls consider them "like a brother" or they're just plain too ugly/fat/dorky/awkward/pussy etc.

"Ew gross...I would never do that with So-and-so, we're just like...SUCH good friends!! Ew yuck!!"

Guys on the other hand would stick their dicks into a loaf of moldy bread if they were horny enough.

• Like 1

Question for those that I was discussing with some people earlier this week, that I'm sure has probably been asked before:

Why aren't friends just fucking each other left and right? Like, a solid group of 3 or 4 guys and 3 or 4 girls that are all platonic. If they're not in a relationship, actively looking to get banged, and have literally nothing to do many nights, why aren't they just hooking up with each other, if nothing else but to pass the time.

One of my friends said probably because the girls wouldn't want to seem like sluts, even though I brought up that the guys would be just as slutty. And it wouldn't be like this was getting spread around so it would more be an agreement than slutty. Another said its literally cause women can't have sex without bringing feelings into it. Just curious if anyone has pondered this or been in that experience. I have a group of friends that is literally equal guys and equal girls, and I've always wondered if they're all so horny why aren't they just fucking each other.

Be a bit tiring wouldn't it? :lol:

It has nothing to do with emotions. Guys get way more attached and clingy than women do after sex....just read through this thread for proof of that. The reason women don't have sex with any old asshole is cause they have higher standards.

Cause girls aren't as horny and desperate as men, they only have sex with guys that give them "the tingles."

If they're hanging out with these platonic friends all the time, the dudes are already friend-zoned and will never be a potential sex partner cause the girls consider them "like a brother" or they're just plain too ugly/fat/dorky/awkward/pussy etc.

"Ew gross...I would never do that with So-and-so, we're just like...SUCH good friends!! Ew yuck!!"

Guys on the other hand would stick their dicks into a loaf of moldy bread if they were horny enough.

Interesting points, and many that I agree with. What I've heard, and admittedly what I've thought at times, is that none of these girls are a prize. Its not meant to demean them as the guys aren't anything special either. Its more a case where everyone is more than average. None of these girls are getting hit on constantly at bars, the same way the guys in the same group aren't gremlins.

I understand your point about desperation, but I also think at some point when neither one of you is getting any action whats the harm? Neither of you are desperate, just bored and I don't know how you can't deny a little sex wouldn't at least make for an exciting night, for both sides. In all honesty, I guess I'd ask the women do they ever hang out with dudes they're friends with and get those urges? I'll agree with you that men will kind of stick it anywhere, but I've heard time and time again that women are just as horny, if not moreso.

In this particular case, I don't think anyone sees it as a "he's like my brother!" "like my sister!" kind of a deal. I think there's something deeper going on with fearing it'll look worse for them than for the guy, or they truly just don't have those types of feelings. Personally, I think these girls are far from "just sleeping with guys that give them the tingles", I think they are sexually active people, the same way the guys are. What throws me is how if you're looking to get laid at a club, and go home with a group after everyone is unsuccessful, why don't you just let... say, Tim, go down on you. You get the pleasure and he does too, and in the end if there's any awkwardness its coming from both parties. Guys have high standards too, but we're not above just getting a little blow job, and in all honestly I think most women are the same way and afraid to admit it.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

You all seem to forget that sex buddies always turn into something more. Or one of the pair wants to start dating.

In my opinion, anyone who wants to forget about intimate loving relationships really should just be single and not have sex. Can't see the mess around with emotional attachment being worth it.

This is out of left field, but i want you to know I still laugh to myself sometimes about your "uncooked dough" comment from like a year ago