What are you eating?

inthisriver

The wife was just banging on to her mother for about ten minutes in Spanish only for the conversation to be briefly punctuated by the words "corned beef". :lol:

So funny when that happens. In Wales instead of channel 4 we get s4c which is Welsh language version of channel 4. They had a programme on it once like a Welsh version of ibiza uncovered. There was this overweight girl of questionable morals sunburnt to fuck jabbering away in Welsh like

llynwggffyyio - Cumallovermytits - ffyggllmnygch :lol:

Last night my daughters had a sleep over at a friends so me and the misses had a date night at home.

Barbecued some grass feed dry aged NY Strip Steaks to medium rare perfection, steamed white asparagus with a little french butter, a small Caesar Salad, all washed down with an excellent California Clos Du Bois 2010 Marlstone Proprietary Red, and Fresh Fruit tarts for desert.

Watched "Exodus" on pay per view. Meh all I can say it is can't hold a candle to the "Ten Commandments" with Charlton Heston

Wife is traveling on business today so my girls and I had barbecued Boars Head natural casing hotdogs for dinner. Mine had spicy Dutch mustard and sauerkraut and I washed them down with a nice Beaulieu Vineyards 2012 California Cabernet.

All in all a very good weekend of eating.......

• Like 1

A word of caution: a 'biscuit' means something very different for yanks. It means a sort of scone like object. I was confused about Guns N' Roses's description of their formative period when they described eating 'biscuits and gravy', thinking they were pouring a jug of bisto granules over a pack of jammy dodgers!

:lol: yeah I read that quote too I had a book years ago gnr in their own words and one off them said something like "we were so poor we used to combine all our money and we could usually get about a dollar fifty which was enough to get biscuits and gravy at dennys" I was thinking that these guys must be fucking savages to do that to a biscuit.
I nicked that book out of the library when i was 10 :lol: Edited by Len B'stard

So, I spend most of my time when not at work and not sleeping making a food magazine. It's really time consuming and hard work. The editor of the magazine has started taking me out instead of his fiancée for the review meals, as a way to thank me for my work.

Last night I ate prawn cocktail, a bacon Eggs Benedict and hot cherries. Going to make the hot cherries for my husband one day.

Next week I'm going to Jamie's Italian.

I hate showing off about this free food I'm getting when so many people struggle. But it was all tasty and I know I'm onto a cushy deal with this magazine thing. :)

Just ate dinner. Too early, but I slept in the afternoon -- which I almost never do -- and when I woke up I was groggy and thought it was later. So I cooked dinner. Beef from Uruguay. I fried mushrooms and bacon together, then poured over cream and spices, let it thicken to a nice sauce. Potatoes boiled with garlic, then mashed with cream and rich butter. Some vegetables that I cooked too much (if it weren't for my wife they wouldn't be there in the first place). Drank a rioja reserve with it. My wife said it was great but laughed at the sight of the soggy vegetables. I am tipsy now.