Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

8 hours ago, username said:

It really sucks, because the whole bloodline/sami/owens/cody thing has been the best thing in WWE for probably at least 10 years. Cody will never be as red hot as he was for Mania and they failed to capitalize on that. First chapter my ass, it was the wrong call. And in general Vince is a ridiculously out of touch jackass and having him back will only make things worse. Genuine bummer. There were tons of ways to go with it too. Roman is looking for a long term break and having the bloodline crumble after mania would've been the perfect way to give him that. They could've gone with Sami challenging, Owens turning on Sami again, Jey Uso challenging, Jimi turning on Jey or the other way around. Lots of great options. The Bork beatdown angle was just terribly stupid. Night 1 was pretty fucking solid for Mania, but night 2 was WWE giving the fans a low blow and ending the night disappointed after finally getting the fans to root for someone again. 

I generally dislike Whatculture's take on things, but this was a fun read: https://whatculture.com/wwe/wwes-complete-backstage-chaos-revealed-wrestlers-34-likely-34-want-out 

I agree, I dont tend to like Whatcultre's take on things either because there opinions are completely uninformed. Its not like Iv'e been in the wrestling buisness either but I'd rather listen to someone who is or was like cornette.

The build up was the most interested I have been in WWE for years and it seems they have blown it. I knew Vince couldnt stay away

Night 1 of Mania was awesome. The Dom/Rey segment was great, haha Dom's entrance was one of the best in years. Crazy how much he has progressed in just a few years, it's like night and day when you compare his work from just a few years back.

Night 2 of Mania went way down hill. I didn't mind Roman winning, I expected it to be honest and thought it was a great match (one of only 2 good matches that night for me - the other being the Gunther/Drew/Sheamus match).

Raw was a boring mess.

Can't wait to see what happens on Smackdown :lol:

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Roman Reigns won again. Most people are pissed, but what can you do? I read that The Rock said he and Roman would meet in the ring one day. That would be awesome since they are cousins. I'd love to see that.

If that's the case then WWE should really stop making the mistake of sacrificing career-making moments of full-timers for an appearence of a legacy guy who won't be around after the match. Really, REALLY dumb decision on their part if true. 

6 hours ago, username said:

If that's the case then WWE should really stop making the mistake of sacrificing career-making moments of full-timers for an appearence of a legacy guy who won't be around after the match. Really, REALLY dumb decision on their part if true. 

It's just burying talent. But they also rely on stars of the past because they cant make them like they used too

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Dean said:

3:19 - 3:32. That is all.

He doesn't get enough props for his talking ability. When he was really young he sucked but from the moment he shoved Vince over and said "this is bullshit" everything after was great.

He is also on point with his recent points on modern wrestling

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

He doesn't get enough props for his talking ability. When he was really young he sucked but from the moment he shoved Vince over and said "this is bullshit" everything after was great.

He is also on point with his recent points on modern wrestling

Bret’s ‘96/‘97 run would rival any run a wrestler has ever had. His matches were stellar. The Survivor Series ‘96 match against Austin represents every reason why I love Pro Wrestling. The GOAT!

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Bret’s ‘96/‘97 run would rival any run a wrestler has ever had. His matches were stellar. The Survivor Series ‘96 match against Austin represents every reason why I love Pro Wrestling. The GOAT!

They were perfect dance partners and they both know it as well. It was a great time to be a teenager watching raw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

WWE wrestling last night was nuts!

Lots of interference and lot of family drama.

all in all a good show

And it looks like Rikishi is going to get involved with the bloodline so even more top tier entertainment upcoming 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hyped for the Ronda/Shayna match as Summerslam :D Couple of questions for Peacock users if you dont mind:

I have Peacock for all of the PPV's but there seems to be a delay getting Raw/SD on their service, it's always weeks behind schedule. Anyone know why? I use watchwrestling.ai instead but it's ridiculous that I have to use an illegal streaming site to watch wrestling when I'm already paying for a legal stream.

Peacock also tends to buffer quite a bit for me, so by the end of the PPV I'm usually about 5-10 minutes behind the actual live show. Does this happen for others? It randomly just pauses for a few seconds and then carries on, bit annoying though. I have to use SurfShark VPN to access the site since Im outside the US but I've tried dozens of their IP's and it always has the same issue :( Should I buy another VPN or is Peacock just a bit shitty? :lol:

Summer slam last night was nuts!

The women's match was awesome. A nice surprise at the end.

Also now I know how Roman wins all the time. lol  Will the family survive?

I have a great idea! I think the only on who could beat Roman, would be his cousin, The Rock!

I think The Rock and Roman should wrestle and when the Rock wins, he should give the 3 belts to Roman's cousins. Then Roman would have to wrestle them one at a time without any interference and see who actually is the best wrestler.

On 8/3/2023 at 1:24 AM, willl said:

Hyped for the Ronda/Shayna match as Summerslam :D Couple of questions for Peacock users if you dont mind:

I have Peacock for all of the PPV's but there seems to be a delay getting Raw/SD on their service, it's always weeks behind schedule. Anyone know why? I use watchwrestling.ai instead but it's ridiculous that I have to use an illegal streaming site to watch wrestling when I'm already paying for a legal stream.

Peacock also tends to buffer quite a bit for me, so by the end of the PPV I'm usually about 5-10 minutes behind the actual live show. Does this happen for others? It randomly just pauses for a few seconds and then carries on, bit annoying though. I have to use SurfShark VPN to access the site since Im outside the US but I've tried dozens of their IP's and it always has the same issue :( Should I buy another VPN or is Peacock just a bit shitty? :lol:

I never have a problem with peacock. Maybe it's your computer or your service?