Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 11:54 PM, RussTCB said:

Raw was a LOT of fun, especially with our kids there. Plus Eric Bischoff was there so that was a big plus for me. 

Glad you all had a good time! I haven't watched wrestling in months. I listen to some podcast that cover the shows, and it honestly sounds like WWE has pretty much shit the bed. I know that all the performers go out there and give 110%. They know the fans love it and hopefully your kids can drag you to more!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I saw Royal Rumble last night.

Was so pissed that the Miz and Mrs. lost to Edge and his horrible amazon wife. Come on!

Marise looked freaking amazing. I love this couple and I know they will be back.

And what's up with Roman R.? Getting ready for Wrestlemania in Dallas.  Too much money. Will probably get if on PPV.

Funny about Johnny Knoxville in the RR. lol

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2022 at 2:09 AM, BrayWyatt said:

Scott Hall died last night a week after having hip surgery, he had blood clots afterwards.

Terrible. I loved Razor Ramone. Got to see him wrestle when we first moved to Dallas. 

I know wrestling is entertainment but so many amazing wrestlers have died due to abuse of their bodies. It takes it toll sooner or later.

It really sicks. RIP Razor!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 4:35 PM, ssiscool said:

Is anyone here a fan of wrestlelamia on YouTube? Some pretty cool content

I find myself binge watching a lot of their content sporadically, the same with Wrestling Bios.

With Regal's episodes on Talk Is Jericho, I've found myself watching a lot of old British Wrestling from the World of Sport days with the likes of Chic Cullen, Andy Robin, Giant Haystacks and of course, Big Daddy. Andy Robin wrestled a Bear called Hercules up and down the UK - the bear was his own and was reared as his son with his wife Maggie and big Herc had free roam of their house etc. Incredible. A bottle of Advocat every day - not bad!

On 5/10/2022 at 12:42 AM, Dean said:

I find myself binge watching a lot of their content sporadically, the same with Wrestling Bios.

With Regal's episodes on Talk Is Jericho, I've found myself watching a lot of old British Wrestling from the World of Sport days with the likes of Chic Cullen, Andy Robin, Giant Haystacks and of course, Big Daddy. Andy Robin wrestled a Bear called Hercules up and down the UK - the bear was his own and was reared as his son with his wife Maggie and big Herc had free roam of their house etc. Incredible. A bottle of Advocat every day - not bad!

That's an awful and utterly depressing case of animal cruelty. People should've gone to jail for that shit. 

1 hour ago, username said:

That's an awful and utterly depressing case of animal cruelty. People should've gone to jail for that shit. 

I'm reading a book on big Hercules just now. The Zoo keeper who had the bears didn't have enough room to keep the cubs, so it was either going to be sold to the Robin's or to be put down. The standard of life he had would have been much greater than that of being held captive in a zoo (we don't have Wild Grizzly's in the UK) - though he'd end up in Hollywood and feature in one of Moore's Bond films. Times were obviously different back then with Health and Safety across the board not being what it is today. I see where you're coming from though. There's a documentary on YouTube about him should you be curious, it's blocked in my part of the world so I don't have a link (Hercules The Human Bear it's called) but has interviews with various folk, including the Zookeeper that had the bear originally. 

On the topic of Wrestling bears, Robin got the idea when he Wrestled in America I believe - he was to last 15 minutes with Terrible Ted for a reward of $1000, which he won. Ted was leashed and muzzled though. It turned out Ted was the bear that lived under the Hart House in Calgary for a period. Ted would end up slaughtering his owner's Girlfriend when his cage was left open - his owner, I forget his name, later died in a car crash that included Adrian Adonis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 9:41 PM, batman007 said:

It's been several years since I've written on this page ....... Pure guts by Cody Rhodes last night! I hope they put the belt on him when he returns . 

The story writes itself now. Cody returns at the rumble and wins and then beats reigns at mania to win the WWE title and do what his dad didn’t do. Even Vince and the chuckle brothers in WWE creative can fuck this up.

45 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

The story writes itself now. Cody returns at the rumble and wins and then beats reigns at mania to win the WWE title and do what his dad didn’t do. Even Vince and the chuckle brothers in WWE creative can fuck this up.

I can't figure out how to square that plan with making Roman vs Rock happen at Mania, but I also just don't care at this point. Making it happen with the Rumble is just so much better than MITB.

1 hour ago, axlslash said:

I can't figure out how to square that plan with making Roman vs Rock happen at Mania, but I also just don't care at this point. Making it happen with the Rumble is just so much better than MITB.

Well Roman has two title belts that haven’t been unified to one belt so Roman could drop the WWE title to someone like Drew in Cardiff. However Cody does it he needs to win the WWE belt because otherwise the tie ins with dusty won’t make any sense or mean as much.

34 minutes ago, Dean said:

Jeff Hardy cuffed again for DUI. A sorry sight to see and hopefully his next steps will be on the road to getting back to his best.

Jeff hardy unlike sunny is someone I really want to turn it around but maybe WWE weren’t as much in the wrong when they released Jeff.