Who could replace BFF?

Even though its not "Official" but its obvious that BFF is out or he doesnt wants to do anything related to Axl's band, so IF there is a next tour, who will or who should replace him?

I know this wont happen, but according to me they should kick out Ashba, they should tell Fortus to play the lead and call Izzy or Gilby to play the rhythm

Izzy is always the best choice, Izzy can write songs, Izzy can turn riffs and ideas into songs, Izzy has rhythm, groove and lots of things that these "professional and gifted players" that Axl hired for his band have no idea about.

uj6wql6uy5ehw6lh.jpg?djet1p5k

Gilby is a no choice, he said himself in some interview that he is a lead player like Slash. Obviously he accepted to play rhythm guitar in 1991 so he could be in Guns N Roses, but playing rhythm is not his thing.

Now seriously, I just listened to the new song with this Bumble dude and Scott Weiland, and wow, I really would like to know what Axl was thinking when he hired this guy for the band.

Even though its not "Official" but its obvious that BFF is out or he doesnt wants to do anything related to Axl's band, so IF there is a next tour, who will or who should replace him?

I know this wont happen, but according to me they should kick out Ashba, they should tell Fortus to play the lead and call Izzy or Gilby to play the rhythm

Izzy is always the best choice, Izzy can write songs, Izzy can turn riffs and ideas into songs, Izzy has rhythm, groove and lots of things that these "professional and gifted players" that Axl hired for his band have no idea about.

Gilby is a no choice, he said himself in some interview that he is a lead player like Slash. Obviously he accepted to play rhythm guitar in 1991 so he could be in Guns N Roses, but playing rhythm is not his thing.

Now seriously, I just listened to the new song with this Bumble dude and Scott Weiland, and wow, I really would like to know what Axl was thinking when he hired this guy for the band.

He was probably thinking "shit, Bucket is really not coming back, best find someone to shred his material live so I can still make some money".

Edited by Rovim

Maybe Ron will replace Ron?

Has he officially quit?

It's over. He didn't say "yeah, I'm out", there was no official confirmation, but he said enough to make it obvious he's free now. Free to shred his mark on history.

(this means the introduction of the new flying bee guitar mach ll - the holy grail of shit shred guitars, 2 more solo albums that explore more deeply how fucked up social media is and a broadway play featuring Ron as himself retelling how shit it was to be 8 years in a band with Axl while giving a free mini work shop in the middle playing don't cry instrumental and the tapping part from Shackler's revenge unplugged)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

But say in 2018 if they want to tour CD II why wouldn't Ron be up for that?

If Bumble will tour with Axl again I won't be surprised, but for now, he is out of the band.

Axl will have no choice but to find a new guitar player to replace Bumble imo. I don't think he'll come back just to tour CD ll and do what he already did.

He often talked in a negative tone about the left overs. Saying it was just old material and he wants to record a fresh album with the current line up. That frustration was not answered by Axl. This is probably why Bumble left in the first place.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah if Dj and Fortus get writing credits he might get...that's obviously not good. So it's understandable he's left.

I liked most if not all of what he did on cd but others didn't and him talking out of turn probably didn't go down well.

If Bumble will tour with Axl again I won't be surprised, but for now, he is out of the band.

Axl will have no choice but to find a new guitar player to replace Bumble imo. I don't think he'll come back just to tour CD ll and do what he already did.

He often talked in a negative tone about the left overs. Saying it was just old material and he wants to record a fresh album with the current line up. That frustration was not answered by Axl. This is probably why Bumble left in the first place.

I'm just glad none of his current solo album material will end up on a future Guns record.

• Like 1

He was probably thinking "shit, Bucket is really not coming back, best find someone to shred his material live so I can still make some money".

I also cant understand how a smart guy like Axl could ever consider hiring a player like this Bucket-whatever to his band.

Axl was inside the best band ever, he was part of the making of this band and the hiring of bucket bumvle and all these professional players make it look like Axl had NO IDEA of WHAT makes a great band. Its like Axl didnt learn anything from it.

I'm just glad none of his current solo album material will end up on a future Guns record.

Don't agree, there's riffs and breakdowns scattered throughout that record that could have been moulded into great GnR parts, For example Women rule the world has a great GnR esque solo section, and the chorus is fantastic... and it would be great to hear Axl singing on an up tempo song like that, basically a less misery laden type song. The full band sections of Argentina would have been cool too.

There's no full song on his solo album that I would say "this is a great GnR type song" but there's plenty of musical ideas housed within it that would have made great gnr rock tracks... not shitty love ballads like 'ballad of death' or whatever it's called.

Say what you want but with Bumble writing with the band he would have interjected the fresh ideas as opposed to generic classic rock or modern hard rock... I love Richards playing, his attack and soloing style with all the hybrid techniques etc. but I have yet to hear one of his own songs and say "wow! that's a great song". I have definitely not said "wow, that's a great song" about anything Dj has released... I really didn't like the Motley record, I have no interest whatsoever in Sixx AM, and his solo section music with GnR sounds like generic minor ballad backing tracks from youtube... he might have got it from there for all I know!

Don't agree, there's riffs and breakdowns scattered throughout that record that could have been moulded into great GnR parts, For example Women rule the world has a great GnR esque solo section, and the chorus is fantastic... and it would be great to hear Axl singing on an up tempo song like that, basically a less misery laden type song. The full band sections of Argentina would have been cool too.

There's no full song on his solo album that I would say "this is a great GnR type song" but there's plenty of musical ideas housed within it that would have made great gnr rock tracks... not shitty love ballads like 'ballad of death' or whatever it's called.

Say what you want but with Bumble writing with the band he would have interjected the fresh ideas as opposed to generic classic rock or modern hard rock... I love Richards playing, his attack and soloing style with all the hybrid techniques etc. but I have yet to hear one of his own songs and say "wow! that's a great song". I have definitely not said "wow, that's a great song" about anything Dj has released... I really didn't like the Motley record, I have no interest whatsoever in Sixx AM, and his solo section music with GnR sounds like generic minor ballad backing tracks from youtube... he might have got it from there for all I know!

I agree. Don't get me wrong I always liked Ron's contributions Live, he definitely could hold his own, and some may argue its not his material he's just covering, but he put his own unique spin on things. I trust him on Lead over DJ Asshat any day.

Edited by wkuk04

I agree. Don't get me wrong I always liked Ron's contributions Live, he definitely could hold his own, and some may argue its not his material he's just covering, but he put his own unique spin on things. I trust him on Lead over DJ Asshat any day.

Please refrain from name calling on the D&N board. Thanks

Please refrain from name calling on the D&N board. Thanks

Okay, no worries.