What GN'R song's do you hear on the radio ?

I live in buffalo, and I actually do hear them quite a bit on both the main classic rock station and the main modern rock station here. To an actually pretty surprising degree. As well as the two Canadian rock stations we get here as well.

The ones I hear on a pretty regular basis are:

Jungle

Scom

Paradise City

Mr. Brownstone

Nighttrain

Patience

Civil war

Don't Cry

November Rain

Ycbm

Kohd

Lald

Sometimes I'll also hear My Michelle and Used to Love her as well, but it's a pretty rare occurence.

Now that I think about it, it's actually pretty shocking to realize how much airplay they still get despite everything, especially on the modern stations and especially regarding the UYI material.

Edited by Bobbo

A new comedy series started here in the UK called Raised by Wolves this last month and they played Paradise City to a scene where a woman is in her car at a car wash.

Written by Caitlin Moran (Times columnist), big Guns fan, won't have been coincedental.

• Like 1

A new comedy series started here in the UK called Raised by Wolves this last month and they played Paradise City to a scene where a woman is in her car at a car wash.

Written by Caitlin Moran (Times columnist), big Guns fan, won't have been coincedental.

I did not know she was a fan! I read the column sometimes but not regularly.

Since 1989, I've heard:

WTTJ

SCOM

Paradise City

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Rocket Queen

Patience

UTLH

Civil War

Don't Cry (Original n' alt)

Estranged

You Could Be Mine

KOHD

LALD

Right Next Door To Hell

Since I Don't Have You

Human Being

Down On The Farm

Ain't Fun

Sympathy For The Devil

Chinese Democracy

Better

Scraped (Rock fm)

Perhaps I forgot someone.

Edited by axljungle

I only hear gnr classics on America radio. I never hear gnr songs from Chinese cd on America radio

and when you request a Chinese song on America radio . . . rock radio stations lie and never play the Chinese songs on America radio

I hear Jungle, Sweet Child, patience, Don't cry, November rain, Knockin', live n let die, paradise city, Mr. Brownstone, nighttrain, since i dont have you, civil war,estranged, and other greatest hits I may have left out. Never do I hear anything from Chinese Democracy. When the album was first released I heard the title track once, twice, maybe 5 times, being generous. It seems the nu guns have been pigeon holed by the music media, no wonder they're thought of as a "nostalgia" act.

I did hear Jericho play the first 3 songs on his XM rock show, in around 2011. He said that "people should give it another chance."

Edited by majormayhem

About what you'd expect on classic rock radio

-Welcome to the Jungle

-Sweet Child O' Mine

-Paradise City

-November Rain

-Live and Let Die

-Patience

-Knockin' on Heaven's Door

-You Could Be Mine (very occasionally)

"Chinese Democracy" and "Better" back when the album was still new (late 2008/early 2009) but not at all after that.

Edited by themadcaplaughs

I was really surprised today when the DJ on the classic station here (not known for playing any hard rock, and not the one I was referring to in this thread earlier) said today was the birthday of Jeffrey Dean Isbell AKA Izzy Stradlin and went on to say who he was and that he was responsible for writing songs such as etc etc...then played Sweet Child O Mine.

Totally out of left field, I was expecting Walking On Sunshine or The Village People and this guy gives Izzy a shout out.

• Like 1

Radio 1 (Rarely) play SCOM, I've heard Civil War a few times on XFM. Planet rock and Team Rock usually play WTTJ, PC, SCOM and a few of the popular Illusion tracks :)

EDIT: I've actually heard Coma on BBC Radio 1!!! Biffy Clyro had a one off hour take over show at midnight a couple of years ago, It was their final song of the show. What an ender!

Edited by DustNBones1990

I was in my town's Habitat for Humanity ReStore today and Welcome to the Jungle came on the radio they were playing. A really old man started bobbing his head while he was walking down the aisle. It made me smile, because I know exactly what he was feeling! Then, I thought of this thread! lol

Edited by Tricia Sieberns

I heard Riad on a random Internet radio station. I never listen to terrestrial radio.

I've heard The Bridge is a good station. I like classic rock mostly.

I still listen to albums I'm afraid. If I get 3 songs from different bands I lose it.

I've heard "Welcome to the Jungle", "Better" and "Shackler's Revenge" played on internet radio.

I don't listen to Belgian terrestrial radio stations anymore but I think the song I heard played most would have to be a toss up between SCOM and Paradise City.

The classic rock station we have on sometimes at work plays these every single day, sometimes more than once:

Welcome To The Jungle

Paradise City

Sweet Child O' Mine

Live And Let Die

November Rain

They play these a few times a week:

Mr. Brownstone

Patience

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

I've heard these a handful of times over the past 2 years:

Nightrain

Don't Cry