If Guns were to release Another Live album

Ok, so since we have little news at the moment, lets have a bit of fun.

If Guns were to release a second live album now, What do you think would be a good track listing, and what performance of the song would you use.

for example:

1. Welcome To The Jungle (Rock Am Ring 2006)

2. XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Ect.

Lets limit it to 22 Songs

KOHD from RAM 2006 too. The acoustic sessions from 2010 would have to be on it too.

Mr Brownstone from Dublin 06, TWAT from Vegas '14 (7th June), Think About You from LA 06, ChiDem from 01/02 or the great mix from AFD.

I was hoping when GNR released the live in Vegas dvd it would also include a live cd. I think that would have been the way to go.

I love listening to the live GNR from way back. You can hear and feel the energy the band had back then and if GNR had released a live Vegas cd, I think more fans would have liked it.

I know I would play it more than the dvd.

Honestly, if they HAD to include KOHD (and sadly, I guess they have), please include Rio 2001. Sheer emotion in that version.

Hands down one of my favorite versions of that song live that any lineup of the band has ever done.

Honestly, if they HAD to include KOHD (and sadly, I guess they have), please include Rio 2001. Sheer emotion in that version.

Rock am Ring was better
Axl's voice was stronger, indeed. But the arrangement and the whole atmosphere of the Rio 2001 rendition of the song are vastly superior, IMO.

We already had a double album live era '87-'93. So a new one, live era '01-'14.

With performances from Rio 2001, lots of 2006 classic stuff, songs featuring Izzy, Out Ta Get Me with Lars. 2009-10 : The CDs, Nightrain with Baz and Danko Jones, Don't Cry.

Estranged, Civil War, Dead Flowers, Mama Kin and 14 Years with Izzy (2011-2012).

TWAT, Yesterdays and Prostitute (2014).

Edited by Silent Jay

If GnR were to release another live album, I would expect another two studio releases before then. With those extra two additions to the catalogue I would be happy if they included 2 from chinese, 2 from Chinese II (or whatever it's gonna be called), and 2 from Chinese III (or whatever it'll be called). The rest of the songs would be the usual hits Sweet child, NV, Jungle, Paradise City. I'd also Include Estranged, Yesterdays, Pretty tied up, Don't cry, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, Nightrain, The Garden and Browstone/It's so easy.

Think that would be a pretty balanced list that would please most people with new songs, hits and deeper cuts while still being somewhat realistic and playing to the current bands strengths.

I was hoping when GNR released the live in Vegas dvd it would also include a live cd. I think that would have been the way to go.

I love listening to the live GNR from way back. You can hear and feel the energy the band had back then and if GNR had released a live Vegas cd, I think more fans would have liked it.

I know I would play it more than the dvd.

Yep, I would have too. I just don't have a interest in watching / buying the GnR in Vegas dvd. I thought the show was tacky, and I know it's Vegas but I just think Guns are better stripped back, with a bit of pyro. I would have loved if the dvd included a live cd with some highlight performances from the 2009-2012 tour cycle or even a other concert in full, just mixed and mastered (they record every night). A live Dvd with no bonus footage / interviews gives me no incentive unless the performance is absolutely amazing (think Metallica live in Seattle from '89). The performance overall was good, but there's a good few points where it's not so good, messed up guitar parts (Jungle has some big clangers during that first solo, listen to the rhythm guitar), Axl not sounding at his best etc.

GNR has never released a live album

Live Like a Suicide was recorded in studio

Live Era ha rerecorded vocals

anything Axl released after 1994 is not GNR

So I am hoping for anything from 1986 to 1991 when Izzy left, and any of the secrete gigs from the early 1991 tour should be terrific