[NOISEY] Why I'm Breaking Up With Axl Rose... For Good

Record sales are declining so there is no incentive to make or finish a new record.

It looks like record sales started declining, like, yesterday? It's been like that for years - but that doesn't stop bands, artists, and musicians from putting out records.

"Pleasing your fans" and "sharing your art" are two great incentives for any musician out there, unless you're Axl. Looks like he doesn't believe in himself anymore. :lol:

Or, how about this?

New Music --> Media buzz, significant tour headline, happier fans, new merch, interviews --> More successful tour and more cash (cuz I heard they like that)

Edited by Cosmo

Record sales are declining so there is no incentive to make or finish a new record.

It looks like record sales started declining, like, yesterday? It's been like that for years - but that doesn't stop bands, artists, and musicians from putting out records.

"Pleasing your fans" and "sharing your art" are two great incentives for any musician out there, unless you're Axl. Looks like he doesn't believe in himself anymore. :lol:

Or, how about this?

New Music --> Media buzz, significant tour headline, happier fans, new merch, interviews --> More successful tour and more cash (cuz I heard they like that)

And more importantly, Team Bitter would not have to complain about people's complaints anymore. It's a win-win situation, if you ask me.

This is just pathetic.

He doesn't believe that. By that logic then, it's undeniable that Taylor Swift, Snoop Dogg, Mariah Carey and DJ Ashba have more integrity as artists than Axl Rose has nowadays.

• Like 1

It's undeniable that Taylor Swift, Snoop Dogg, Mariah Carey and DJ Ashba have more integrity as artists than Axl Rose has nowadays.

But they do have more integrity as artists than Axl Rose, which is fucking sad and laughable at the same time. I like my boy Snoop Dogg, though.

It's undeniable that Taylor Swift, Snoop Dogg, Mariah Carey and DJ Ashba have more integrity as artists than Axl Rose has nowadays.

But they do have more integrity as artists than Axl Rose, which is fucking sad and laughable at the same time. I like my boy Snoop Dogg, though.

They probably do! But as for those that defend him to the point of using THAT argument as a way of justifying 1 album in more than 20 years, well, that argument comes with this sad reality.

I can get behind that thought actually.

It's kind of like I've always said about Poison: Poison is Poison. They never tried to act like they were something other than just Poison. I've said this a lot recently, but that's what my biggest issue with Axl is; the claims that he and those around have made about what he's going to do with GN'R are world's apart from what he's actually done.

• Like 2

Yeah, yeah cut me some slack. I was just putting to word how I think Axl and his entourage think. They rather tour their 25 year old hits year-after-year and make a quick buck than actually write songs for a new album because the profit/time ratio is too low compared to touring your old hits for a bunch of soccer moms and teenage girls.

It's kind of like I've always said about Poison: Poison is Poison. They never tried to act like they were something other than just Poison. I've said this a lot recently, but that's what my biggest issue with Axl is; the claims that he and those around have made about what he's going to do with GN'R are world's apart from what he's actually done.

Someone linked this on my Facebook the other day and some of them immediately made me think of Axl. To be fair though I can relate to a few of them too!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/remeepatel/if-motivational-posters-were-for-people-who-hate-doing-stuff

You must have missed Native Tongue.

Axl has some of the worst "fans' on earth.

Very familiar with Native Tongue. Just because they switched guitarists and the label tried to create a different image doesnt mean Poison was claiming they were something they weren't.

Also, "fans" is still the most ridiculous way to attempt to make a point on a GNR forum.

Very familiar with Native Tongue. Just because they switched guitarists and the label tried to create a different image doesnt mean Poison was claiming they were something they weren't.

Also, "fans" is still the most ridiculous way to attempt to make a point on a GNR forum.

Poison is a party band at heart and tried to make a mature, bluesy/funk/soul album. I actually do like Native Tongue, but that's not the kind of band that Poison really is. Kotzen, a great musician, was all wrong for Poison.

Also, I was under the impression that fan forums were for, fans. But some people here just trash Axl, non-stop, with their stupid assumptions and conjecture about a guy that they don't even know. It's sad, really. No wonder Axl hardly ever speaks with fans or gives interviews. Anyone who "agrees" with the article in this thread is no true fans of Axl or Guns N' Roses. End of story.

Edited by RichardNixon
  • Like 3

Poison is a party band at heart and tried to make a mature, bluesy/funk/soul album. I actually do like Native Tongue, but that's not the kind of band that Poison really is. Kotzen, a great musician, was all wrong for Poison.

Also, I was under the impression that fan forums were for, fans. But some people here just trash Axl, non-stop, with their stupid assumptions and conjecture about a guy that they don't even know. It's sad, really. No wonder Axl hardly ever speaks with fans or gives interviews. Anyone who "agrees" with the article in this thread is no true fans of Axl of Guns N' Roses. End or story.

I like Native Tongue as well, but I still don't view it as them trying to be something they weren't.

As far as the "fans" thing goes, if you're using the long form of the word; "fanatical" then sure, everyone has to praise everything the artist does all the time no matter what. However, one of the great things about these types of places is that it allows a place for everyone to discuss all sorts of opinions. I think a lot of people that think others just "trash Axl non-stop" aren't really seeing the whole picture. There are plenty of users here (myself included) who want nothing but the best for Axl & GN'R. However, it's not any of our fault how things have turned out. It wouldn't help the situation if everyone just turned a bling eye and said "Way to go Axl!" when it's not what they truly believe. By the same token, those that are happy with where Axl & GN'R are at most certainly shouldn't just jump in and say "Yeah! Everything sucks!".

To just refer to those that don't agree with you as "fans" or "not real fans" is just a cop out IMO. Why not just state a case for how you see it instead? Try to change some minds and if you can't, at least try to accept where others are coming from? Same thing goes for Axl and your point about how/why he doesn't give any interviews. Did you ever stop to think that it would go a long, LONG way if he did make any attempt to clarify things for fans? I know for me personally, that would be a huge deal. Like if came out and said "Yep. I said 'Round 1', 'several albums' and all that, but here's where I'm at now...". That would give a lot of people a lot less to bitch/complain about because they would at least know where Axl stands for real as opposed to continually hoping for something more that looks like it's never coming.

• Like 2

Also, I was under the impression that fan forums were for, fans. But some people here just trash Axl, non-stop, with their stupid assumptions and conjecture about a guy that they don't even know. It's sad, really. No wonder Axl hardly ever speaks with fans or gives interviews. Anyone who "agrees" with the article in this thread is no true fans of Axl of Guns N' Roses. End or story.

Lol. I mean... If anything, it's more like "you're a true fan of GnR, you pretty much gotta agree with this article."

The trashing Axl or trashing Slash is the main reason I've been gone for 2 years an post very seldom now. This is not and will never be a "fan" site. You can't find other true fan sites where there is an unchecked bashing of the very people or person the site is about. There is a reason you CANNOT run a thriving "GnRsucks.cry" website. Nobody would come to see them bitch and cry, so they have to come and run fans off the fan site because it gets a reaction.

Try posting race rants on NAACP's forums and see if they are like "Well, now we don't want to be Nazi's so we are going to let them make racial rants because we don't want to look bad!"

At the very least, all that bullshit should be thrown in it's own sub-forum. Why will the troIIs cry that that isn't fair? Because nobody would read it but the other troIIs and there would be no reaction. This is actually a thing. They are working on labeling it a disorder. It's extremely common for people to join forums and bitch about products they never used. To give you one example from a project I was involved with, 63.21% of the people badmouthing the products for the company we were working with were CONFIRMED as never having had used their products.

That will always be crazy to me, the desire to dick around with something you don't care about. The main offenders just aren't fans, why are they here? More importantly, why are they allowed to stay and crap the site up for actual fans?

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 3

Garbage.

Typical crap that gets written every few months. Without reading it you know it's going to be utter crap when they choose to use a picture of cartoon Axl who looks more like the witch of the waste. He's got some chub, undeniable... but that's just a low blow for sensationalism and to reel in more views. Why? well the piece is... garbage, there's nothing of interest there.

Some valid points about '02 being the one of the last times for Axls comeback... true there was some push behind him at the time, but his voice was so bad that he shouldn't have been anywhere near a stage. Anyone who knows GnR, agrees that 2006 was the year, completed album and great voice and physical shape.

Overall, I put this in with all the other articles that write about gnr for click-bait and I once again stress that it's garbage and worthy of tabloid journalism at best (which I believe to be the biggest insult any writer can be given).

• Like 1

The trashing Axl or trashing Slash is the main reason I've been gone for 2 years an post very seldom now. This is not and will never be a "fan" site. You can't find other true fan sites where there is an unchecked bashing of the very people or person the site is about. There is a reason you CANNOT run a thriving "GnRsucks.cry" website. Nobody would come to see them bitch and cry, so they have to come and run fans off the fan site because it gets a reaction.

Try posting race rants on NAACP's forums and see if they are like "Well, now we don't want to be Nazi's so we are going to let them make racial rants because we don't want to look bad!"

At the very least, all that bullshit should be thrown in it's own sub-forum. Why will the troIIs cry that that isn't fair? Because nobody would read it but the other troIIs and there would be no reaction. This is actually a thing. They are working on labeling it a disorder. It's extremely common for people to join forums and bitch about products they never used. To give you one example from a project I was involved with, 63.21% of the people badmouthing the products for the company we were working with were CONFIRMED as never having had used their products.

That will always be crazy to me, the desire to dick around with something you don't care about. The main offenders just aren't fans, why are they here? More importantly, why are they allowed to stay and crap the site up for actual fans?

First things first; Comparing someones opinion on a rock band to that of people who are openly racist biggots seems a tad extreme to me.

Seconely, all of what should be thrown into it's own sub-forum? Any post where someone isn't praising Axl & GN'R? I think even Axl would tell you that's a bad idea. Differing opinions and discussion is a good thing. If you haven't been around much for a couple of years, you may want to take a look around as a lot of things have changed. I totally agree with you about some people out there trolling sites & products that they have no real interest in. It's like I always say about Chinese Democracy, a lot of people who bash it have never ever heard it. So I do get where you're coming from on that front. However, I truly don't believe we have that going on around here anymore. The negative posts I see from "the main offenders" are from a genuine place of frustration. These people know the history of GN'R and know what Axl is capable of, that's why they're so upset with the current state of affairs. If you ask me, that kind of emotional and intellectual investment makes those genuine fans.

• Like 3

Shitty pretentious article. Who is this guy to assume he can make such sweeping generalisations and talk on behalf of an entire population of music fans? A GNR reunion in 2015 would be shit-hot news regardless of what this yuppy thinks.

But it wouldnt though.

I have to disagree with you. IMO a reunion would be huge news. Despite GN'R not being relevant in the context of modern music, it is one of the most famous feuds in music history. If they decided to kiss and make up tomorrow, the story would be everywhere. The buzz would only last until the next big story broke, but for a couple of days, GN'R would be big news.

Just my opinion.

I think it'd be a joke and no one would give a flying fuck, just like they never do with reunions, it's just a big bang of the actual day of it happening, then no one gives a monkeys. And GnR won't even be able to do it huge like say The Stone Roses or whatever cuz no one'll give a fuck.

Same with The Sex Pistols, OMG OMG, the return, all you got was four fat old cunts onstage...and thats great y'know, brilliant but thats not what people are expecting, people are expecting what they were once deprived of...and that don't exist anymore.

When the cult of personality bollocks slows down a bit what are you left with really? Fatter, older, greyer and less good at what they were good at, the 'omg they're standing on the same spot' fascination will die down REAL quick.

And the whole famous feud thing, it's cute in a TMZ kinda way but it's hardly any substantial or related to any kind of merit.

No one give a fuck? really? when most major rock sites always report even the little tidbit comments or sentences from them regarding to a reunion?

Speak for yourself, man and stop this bullshit claim

I don't say i fully disagree with your opinion, but stating that no one would give a fuck it's a flat out bullshit

and btw no one gives a fuck about The Stone Roses outside of Great Britain, though

Edited by Strange Broue