Steven Adler Says Guns N’ Roses Owe It to Their Fans to Reunite

Steven: As long as we're alive, it's possible. I really think if those four goofballs — especially Axl — read my book, maybe they'll realize what a special thing we have as five guys. It's the hardest thing in the world to get four or five guys in the room that can make magic. Yeah, there's millions of great musicians, but you need that special ingredient of five different souls that all want the same thing and have the same goal and are focused on the same dream. I know for a fact that if the five of us assholes got in a room together, all we would do is hug each other and there would be tears. I'm the one who just took that ingredient away — I ruined it not just for the band, but for all the fans [reviewfix.com, September 2010]

Steven: I would really like that. I would love to work with those guys — all of them — but I’m not going to wait. I’ve wasted enough of my life, the past 20 years with the drugs and all. It’s time to do the right thing — which is get the band together and do a reunion. We owe it to the fans and everybody who supported GNR for so long... and I got Adler’s Appetite, but when those suckers want to do something, I’m ready. (...) I put prayers in with Jesus and God all the time. ‘Please just go talk to Axl,’ I say. I love the stuff we did together in my heart and my soul. It needs to be taken out of the shell and put back in the world. Two generations of people have already missed it. I think it’s unfair. I love those five guys — they mean more to me than anyone except my grandmother and my dogs. But there was so much fighting all the time, but like my grandpa said, time heals all wounds. My wounds are healed [Daltonnow.com, October 2010]

Steven: I always say, as long as the five of us are alive, it could happen, but now I'm gonna turn that around and say, as long as God is alive, I think it will happen. And the most important thing is GN'R owes it to the fans to do a reunion tour [Matt Kissane Show, June 2011]

Steven: I mean I personally would do it for nothing! I’m not going to, but I would, for nothing. For two reasons: 1) we owe it to the fans. 2) I just want to finish what I started with those guys. I cut myself short. For 20 years I was saying to myself that they cut me short, but once I started workin’ with Dr. Drew and took responsibility for my life and my actions, I realized I threw that away. So I just want to finish what I started with them [straight.com, August 2011]

Steven: We have an opportunity that everybody in the world wishes they could have. Whatever U2 did on their tour recently, if we did a GN’R reunion, we would double that! And we owe it to the fans! We haven’t performed with each other in 20 fuckin’ years, and the fans still have our backs [straight.com, August 2011]

Steven: When being asked what he'd do if Axl won't go on stage: I’d punch him in the face! Oh God—not the face, not the face! I’d punch him in the kidney! Or I would give him a severe reprimand. Or I would go out there and pick somebody out of the audience to sing for him. There’s many options. I just want to do it! [straight.com, August 2011]

Oh, Steven.

Steven: As long as we're alive, it's possible. I really think if those four goofballs — especially Axl — read my book, maybe they'll realize what a special thing we have as five guys. It's the hardest thing in the world to get four or five guys in the room that can make magic. Yeah, there's millions of great musicians, but you need that special ingredient of five different souls that all want the same thing and have the same goal and are focused on the same dream. I know for a fact that if the five of us assholes got in a room together, all we would do is hug each other and there would be tears. I'm the one who just took that ingredient away — I ruined it not just for the band, but for all the fans [reviewfix.com, September 2010]

Steven: I would really like that. I would love to work with those guys — all of them — but I’m not going to wait. I’ve wasted enough of my life, the past 20 years with the drugs and all. It’s time to do the right thing — which is get the band together and do a reunion. We owe it to the fans and everybody who supported GNR for so long... and I got Adler’s Appetite, but when those suckers want to do something, I’m ready. (...) I put prayers in with Jesus and God all the time. ‘Please just go talk to Axl,’ I say. I love the stuff we did together in my heart and my soul. It needs to be taken out of the shell and put back in the world. Two generations of people have already missed it. I think it’s unfair. I love those five guys — they mean more to me than anyone except my grandmother and my dogs. But there was so much fighting all the time, but like my grandpa said, time heals all wounds. My wounds are healed [Daltonnow.com, October 2010]

Steven: I always say, as long as the five of us are alive, it could happen, but now I'm gonna turn that around and say, as long as God is alive, I think it will happen. And the most important thing is GN'R owes it to the fans to do a reunion tour [Matt Kissane Show, June 2011]

Steven: I mean I personally would do it for nothing! I’m not going to, but I would, for nothing. For two reasons: 1) we owe it to the fans. 2) I just want to finish what I started with those guys. I cut myself short. For 20 years I was saying to myself that they cut me short, but once I started workin’ with Dr. Drew and took responsibility for my life and my actions, I realized I threw that away. So I just want to finish what I started with them [straight.com, August 2011]

Steven: We have an opportunity that everybody in the world wishes they could have. Whatever U2 did on their tour recently, if we did a GN’R reunion, we would double that! And we owe it to the fans! We haven’t performed with each other in 20 fuckin’ years, and the fans still have our backs [straight.com, August 2011]

Steven: When being asked what he'd do if Axl won't go on stage: I’d punch him in the face! Oh God—not the face, not the face! I’d punch him in the kidney! Or I would give him a severe reprimand. Or I would go out there and pick somebody out of the audience to sing for him. There’s many options. I just want to do it! [straight.com, August 2011]

Oh, Steven.

I don't really see the problem with anything he's said there.

GNR were never as good as they were with Steven behind the kit, the guy has obviously had substance issues but there's no denying he is 1/5th of what made GNR something we are still talking about say at least 25 years later.

His stance on Axl refusing to take the stage is that of pretty much anybody that isn't under "the spell" in my opinion- catering to Axl's every demand is how things have gotten to where they are at now.

Buttering Axl up isn't doing him any favours in the long run.

Technically GnR don't owe anyone anything but in a way morally they do. The fans gave them this life. The fans are the ones who have supported them all these years even when there was nothing to support. I agree with Steven. They "owe" it to the fans.

They owe it to an audience that never got to see them back in the day, that grew up with those songs, and owe it to themselves to see if they can pull it off on stage again as a band.

• Like 1

Sad he was so fucked up his only featured on one UYI track. When Axl stated about Adlers mom and those "Ambulance Chasing Attorneys" I don't know if Axl can forgive & forget with having to represent Guns & himself in court and whether or not Adler would try something similar if he didn't get invited to a reunion, although he looks like he hasn't missed a step on the skins. I don't know maybe they can interchange with Adler, Sorum, Brain, Freese & Frank.

Technically GnR don't owe anyone anything but in a way morally they do. The fans gave them this life. The fans are the ones who have supported them all these years even when there was nothing to support.

Yeah, but they gave us great music and shows, so I think we are pretty much even ;)

Steven the actually original drummer of Guns N Roses seems to think the fans deserve it so....... I'd bet Duff and Slash and Izzy to an extent would agree. Axl, I don't think he gives a fuck about any of the fans to be honest.

Technically GnR don't owe anyone anything but in a way morally they do. The fans gave them this life. The fans are the ones who have supported them all these years even when there was nothing to support.

Yeah, but they gave us great music and shows, so I think we are pretty much even ;)
Steven the actually original drummer of Guns N Roses seems to think the fans deserve it so.......

You don't use the word "original" to mean "the very first", but okay. I wouldn't rely on Steven's cognitive powers in anything, including deciding whether they owe us anything or not. I think he would say pretty much anything at this point to justify him being back in the band.

I think Duff and Slash got it right:

Slash: I think the amount of denial out there about the reality of Guns N’ Roses is overwhelming. I think even if you could get past the personal differences it would never happen [NZCity, September 2010].

Duff: I only figured this out a year ago. 'When are you guys gonna get back together?' Well, none of us guys have said we're going to. I wonder if some people - not all - if some think if we got back together, they'd get their teenage years back? Are they asking us to get back together so they can get their youth back, even for a minute? [behind Use Your Illusion, Classic Rock Magazine, June 2011].

Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Steven.

So we - fans - can share our opinion. But a guy who was actually in the band isn't allowed to talk about it?

Steven's mouth has a habit of fucking shit up. Axl was all set to come to the HoF until Steven had to go on his "hacks n' scabs" rant.

I love him for that.

Steven the actually original drummer of Guns N Roses seems to think the fans deserve it so.......

You don't use the word "original" to mean "the very first", but okay. I wouldn't rely on Steven's cognitive powers in anything, including deciding whether they owe us anything or not. I think he would say pretty much anything at this point to justify him being back in the band.

Slash: I think the amount of denial out there about the reality of Guns N’ Roses is overwhelming. I think even if you could get past the personal differences it would never happen [NZCity, September 2010].

Duff: I only figured this out a year ago. 'When are you guys gonna get back together?' Well, none of us guys have said we're going to. I wonder if some people - not all - if some think if we got back together, they'd get their teenage years back? Are they asking us to get back together so they can get their youth back, even for a minute? [behind Use Your Illusion, Classic Rock Magazine, June 2011].

Nobody gives a fuck about pre Steven Adler GnR so yeah I mean he's the very first because anything prior to him means fuck all.

And I could quote Slash and Duff with entirely different quotes to say otherwise but I'm not gonna bother cause clearly by cherry picking those two quotes you just wanna play semantics so go ahead. Find all the reason you want to convince yourself a reunion won't happen.

• Like 1

Nobody gives a fuck about pre Steven Adler GnR so yeah I mean he's the very first because anything prior to him means fuck all.

And I could quote Slash and Duff with entirely different quotes to say otherwise

Yes, please do quote Slash and Duff saying that it is only about personal differences and that some people don't want a reunion so they can get their youth back.

Adler's too much of a loose cannon to be relied on for a reunion tour, Sorum's the clear and obvious choice if it ever happened; he has a longer history with the band, and has a stronger connection with Slash and Duff as part of Velvet Revolver and Kings of Chaos

It'd be entertaining if the band did a thing like Metallica did for their 30th anniversary shows with a few club shows where they brought back all of the band's alumni to perform with them, but there's too many bridges burned with this band for something similar to happen

• Like 1

Honestly, if there is a reunion, and Steven gets left out, what do you think will happen to him? I think it would hurt him so bad that there would be no coming back from it. Him watching on the sidelines again would be the worst thing ever for him, I hope they would include him for at least part of a reunion tour, maybe just a couple songs.

Edited by mr. ritz88