Would you want "Live Era: 2000-2014"?

I think Bucharest 2010 is probably Axl's best performance, out of all the bootlegs out there. He's as good as he was in his prime ('88-91), he sounds unreal on every song. If there's ever another single-show release, I hope it's that one.

i was there, what you said is true. When i closed my eyes for a few seconds i literally thought "this is 1991 Axl right here"

After that, i opened my eyes, see the reality but his voice that night still compensate everything

One of the best shows of NuGNR ever did if you ask me

Edited by Strange Broue

I'd buy it and would hope it would feature a lald from 02. I know most hate his vocals from that era, but his screams are awesome, very long and powerful. When I hear those screams, I get the sense that he was holding back a lot vocally. Not sure why. Lald is one of the few highlight live during to 02 tour. well, at least for me it is.

• Like 1

why? we have a shit ton of free live bootlegs covering those years. I can easily make my own version from those years

If Guns are going to release a new album, it should be new music

That's my thing. I have a bunch of great recordings of high quality shows from 2002 - 2010 so I wouldn't need any sort of official live release. New studio music on the other hand...

• Like 1

why? we have a shit ton of free live bootlegs covering those years. I can easily make my own version from those years

That's my thing. I have a bunch of great recordings of high quality shows from 2002 - 2010 so I wouldn't need any sort of official live release. New studio music on the other hand...

Exactly. 100%.

The next thing GnR releases HAS to be new music

• Like 1

I guess AFDem was like the UYI tour dvds. So I could see Remix album, CD II, reunion record, a Best of, and possible Live Era II. I'd buy it, so I guess I want it.

Out of all of those, I must admit I want CD ll the most. Main reason it's done, so there's actually a good chance it will be released, and if it's similar to Chinese, the high quality will be there. It will not be as cheap as a reunion record could be and that can be fucked up so easily anyway.

On topic, I'd like blue rays of all the 2010 and 2006-2007 shows.

I guess another option is a reunion tour and a live album of that put out of that. Honestly that sounds more far fetched than most options. It's just so destructive.

I wonder what Axl will do next. It's exciting in a way: what he'll choose, cause the current conditions%2

I think the landscape definitely is a factor. Maybe with CD he could hold on and keep focusing on the record, despite everything else falling apart it kind of just ended up Axl and CD.

Bands put out records but the label may be holding out for a reunion record but you could say they might not make that much more from it.

Pitman said they were happy to play the songs for the fans. Ron and Tommy seemed to be more pushing for new new music. Fortus seems to be on the old new music. Dizzy probably too. Dj probably wanted to record but he's got other interests.

The money is in touring snd think a reunion type tour wouldn't have the negativity surrounding it. With Ron disatisfied and Tommy not caring much. Duff, Slash, Izzy returning for quick whip round is perfect for this landscape.

Not sure how CD II fits in. That's the maverick route. Axl goes against everything to just put out the second record.

I'd be happy for them to put out CD II and Remix with not much fuss then fire up the reunion tour.

If CD II is as good quality as CD then it needs it's own tour and proper attention.

There's still so much on CD, I still get lost inside all those songs. Like IRS, the drums and solos and vocals are just exquisite. Axl definitely made the right decision making a studio album with all these textures, it has so much longevity. With all the other material they have GNR don't need a cd to tour. Just Slash guest spot would make leg of a tour.

Definitely like to hear CD II someday even if they put together a reunion tour.

• Like 1

We can't lose it seems if CD ll sees the light of day. I believe Axl when he says the art comes first. Maybe there's a difficult decision for him to make right now.

Gold Chinese records sent, it seems he maybe focused on getting CD ll out and then there was that Slash comment and also... 3 band members left. I think regardless of whatever potentially can happen with Slash, Axl is not gonna keep the second half of his 10 year project unreleased. I still believe he will at least attempt to release it, and will want to tour in support of it and make some money.

Duff's time with Axl on the road and renewed friendship might be a factor here as well. Can't see anyone other than him with more power to convince Axl Slash is not evil anymore.

Edited by Rovim

Why wouldn't you? Anyone who doesn't want it would not have to buy it.

Take Garth Brooks for example, I don't give a fuck about him, but why wouldn't I want him to release something? That has always struck me as weird, when people are against someone releasing music, or even making a TV show or movie. Who gives a shit? Just don't listen if you don't want it.

• Like 2

We can't lose it seems if CD ll sees the light of day. I believe Axl when he says the art comes first. Maybe there's a difficult decision for him to make right now.

Gold Chinese records sent, it seems he maybe focused on getting CD ll out and then there was that Slash comment and also... 3 band members left. I think regardless of whatever potentially can happen with Slash, Axl is not gonna keep the second half of his 10 year project unreleased. I still believe he will at least attempt to release it, and will want to tour in support of it and make some money.

Duff's time with Axl on the road and renewed friendship might be a factor here as well. Can't see anyone other than him with more power to convince Axl Slash is not evil anymore.

I see them as seperate, well I could. CD II or whatever it's called or some other record and touring could be seperated really. Touring now is a celebration of GNR of All Eras. The album has to live up to that and be or express whatever Axl thinks his final statement is. That's how it will be taken. If you are conscious of that or it weighs or has some meaning to the artist then you want it to be right. I don't think they could have made a better CD.

We'll have to wait and see if Axl can get the next one released then see who wants to tour. That's if he ever comes back or if a reunion doesn't just cancel all that.

• Like 1

I see them as seperate, well I could. CD II or whatever it's called or some other record and touring could be seperated really. Touring now is a celebration of GNR of All Eras. The album has to live up to that and be or express whatever Axl thinks his final statement is. That's how it will be taken. If you are conscious of that or it weighs or has some meaning to the artist then you want it to be right. I don't think they could have made a better CD.

We'll have to wait and see if Axl can get the next one released then see who wants to tour. That's if he ever comes back or if a reunion doesn't just cancel all that.

He said he's not going anywhere, so that means either an album or a tour, and will he tour without another album released? who will he tour with doesn't really matter. Unless it's Slash for most people.

Thing is, there's an album that is pretty much ready to go. I always say this, but if it's in fact the second half of Chinese, that could have a lot of weight and meaning to Axl.

He can move forward and share his musical vision with the world, or he can go back and try to rebuild something that already was.

I said we can't lose cause either way, there is enough time to release CD ll.

I've thought about what if he releases CD ll and waits. Doesn't tour it right away like you said, seems like a good idea cause maybe it's safer that way and buys him more time to decide how he wants to do it live.

But he's getting older and I want to hear the unreleased material live when he's still capable of rocking the shit out of it like he did with Chinese in 2010.

Duff and Slash can close the curtain when it's time, but to include them now when we only got half will change it, and I don't know that it needs changing.

This is all just guess work, but if he hires 2 unknown guitar players and tries to establish another nu incarnation of Guns when things are potentially cool between him and Slash, and Duff is a friend again, will Axl have enough time to release a reunion record?

I think what I'm saying is there's like 7 years for Axl to make his 2 cycles if he's in the mood.

And you can't have it both ways imo: the validity of everything Axl tried to do with new Guns will be damaged as soon as Slash is back and it will look bad.

If the art truly comes first, the artist must not get in the way of the music he believes in.

In my opinion, Axl is aware enough and cares enough about his music that if it feels wrong to include anyone, he just won't do it.

Problem is he is human and while it felt good to hear the stories about him and Duff and memories and nostalgia, it made me think of what if things are cool with Slash and Axl feels he can do something beyond nostalgia with Slash because he's nostalgic?

Even half a reunion changes everything. It's hard for me as a fan to know what I want Axl to say in the next interview he gives.

But logic says first finish what you're doing, and only then even risk what you've worked 10 years on. Fans should never come first, and certainly not nostalgia in this case imo, and I do want Slash and Duff back in Guns, but not on the expense of the rest of Chinese.

:facepalm:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

He said he's not going anywhere, so that means either an album or a tour, and will he tour without another album released? who will he tour with doesn't really matter. Unless it's Slash for most people.

Thing is, there's an album that is pretty much ready to go. I always say this, but if it's in fact the second half of Chinese, that could have a lot of weight and meaning to Axl.

He can move forward and share his musical vision with the world, or he can go back and try to rebuild something that already was.

I said we can't lose cause either way, there is enough time to release CD ll.

I've thought about what if he releases CD ll and waits. Doesn't tour it right away like you said, seems like a good idea cause maybe it's safer that way and buys him more time to decide how he wants to do it live.

But he's getting older and I want to hear the unreleased material live when he's still capable of rocking the shit out of it like he did with Chinese in 2010.

Duff and Slash can close the curtain when it's time, but to include them now when we only got half will change it, and I don't know that it needs changing.

This is all just guess work, but if he hires 2 unknown guitar players and tries to establish another nu incarnation of Guns when things are potentially cool between him and Slash, and Duff is a friend again, will Axl have enough time to release a reunion record?

I think what I'm saying is there's like 7 years for Axl to make his 2 cycles if he's in the mood.

And you can't have it both ways imo: the validity of everything Axl tried to do with new Guns will be damaged as soon as Slash is back and it will look bad.

If the art truly comes first, the artist must not get in the way of the music he believes in.

In my opinion, Axl is aware enough and cares enough about his music that if it feels wrong to include anyone, he just won't do it.

Problem is he is human and while it felt good to hear the stories about him and Duff and memories and nostalgia, it made me think of what if things are cool with Slash and Axl feels he can do something beyond nostalgia with Slash because he's nostalgic?

Even half a reunion changes everything. It's hard for me as a fan to know what I want Axl to say in the next interview he gives.

But logic says first finish what you're doing, and only then even risk what you've worked 10 years on. Fans should never come first, and certainly not nostalgia in this case imo, and I do want Slash and Duff back in Guns, but not on the expense of the rest of Chinese.

:facepalm:

That's why I think put CD II out and Remix and re-release CD. Next year. Don't necessarily tour though. Maybe get Slash and Duff for a tour in 2018.

Or next year do a reunion tour kind of thing and delay the release maybe think of using Axl's material on a reunion record.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

"Brian Wilson presents Smile" fits the bill.

The Smile sessions, with original studio recordings from the 60's, was released some years later.

Funny enough, Smile gets mentioned a lot next to CD. Only it's considered a vastly superior work as what it is.

But apart from 2002 and 2006 you got zero soundboards from his best year (2010)....

No live music unless it's never been heard before. Has anyone ever released a whole album of live tracks that were all brand new songs?

yes

But apart from 2002 and 2006 you got zero soundboards from his best year (2010)....

No live music unless it's never been heard before. Has anyone ever released a whole album of live tracks that were all brand new songs?

yes

That long ass Tokyo show from late 09 is good by me.