New classics

Slither, and maybe By The Sword. For Axl, I'd say it's The Blues (in it's various forms from 2001-2007), and maybe TWAT. If CITR sounded less congested and more like the '99 demo it could've been the best song on CD; the demo is so promising, it's Axl feat. Brian May doing an almost Beatles-y song, but it suffers the worst from over-production.

Madagascar and Prostitute, absolutely.

Unfortunately Madagascar's being a victim of Axl's boredom, or, as some would say "perfectionism". All the layers and speech samples destroyed it for me.

From CD I would say TWAT for Bucket's solo alone and Better.

VR has Slither and FTP

Izzy's Sweet Caress

Slash's Anastasia,

and even when they're not my favorite songs, Ghost and WOF.

I know they aren't popular or even well known by the casual rockfan but for me as Guns fan these are songs I would like to hear at every gig I go.

It's like even when I don't like the studio version that much, everytime when Slash begins to play that Ghost riff at a show I attend I'm like hell yeah!

Edited by Free Bird

Well, the Neurotic Outsiders album is a classic in my book. I am afraid that the fact that the album is so fucking good has more to do with Steve Jones than with Duff & Matt but I cant stop loving the album. Take ANGELINA, for example, its a perfect pop song (like SCOM) played with loud guitars. That song alone is at least 18 times better than the entire discography of "punk" bands like Green Day, Blink whatever etc etc etc

Then you have Izzy fuckin Stradlin, who has released like more than a dozen albums and in my book he has at least a dozen classic songs on them. I just love stuff like EASY

Duff solo stuff is ok but he has Seattle Head on it. Thats a monster of a song

And his recent tracks with izzy and cantrell are really nice, specially KILL THE INTERNET

Slash solo has some nice stuff. Unfortunately I cant stand Miles voice so I barely have an opinion on his last 2 albums because I only listened to them a couple of times before I had to turn them off!

I am still hoping for an instrumental version of his albums so i can try and have some fun listening to them.

I have a few favorites of all stuff that Slash has been involved. VR stuff is nice. My favorite is COME ON COME IN

Axl Rose solo discography is really not my kind of music.

• Like 1

I think people need to look at the term 'classic' here!

You know we're not using the word in terms of classic like Hotel California a classic is. Try to use it as "classic" for a GNR fanbase post '94.

I really, really like Anastasia, but I can see how people say it goes nowhere. Plus the lyrics are for the most part pretty bland.

Yeah the lyrics are the weaker part. As on almost everything Slash has released post Guns.

Are there any songs you would consider "new classics" in the post Guns era of any member of the AFD-lineup? CD include

No.

I mean, we can all whine about how we like song x and how song y might have been on some chart for a day and a half. But the harsh reality is that new classics don't come from rock bands anymore. Barely anybody will remember what ex gnr or currect gnr did since real gnr broke up. None of that makes ANY impact in the big scheme of music right now. There's a much better chance of people remembering the hits of Kanye, Bieber or Pharell in 20 years. That's what todays generation is growing up on and that's what they'll vote for in a top 100 of the 2010's in 10 years. It hardly resembles my personal taste, but when you're realistic that's what is going to happen.

If the whole machine had at least ran a little bit like how a normal band is generally accepted to run - I'm talking music videos, standardised televised appearances, and the like - then upwards of thirty people might at least have heard/of some of the CD stuff.

That said, the '99 Catcher demo is a gem and Better will always be a great pop-rock number. Albeit both buried underneath monumental apathy.

Shacklers got some exposure on Rock band and If the World was on Body of Lies.

I think that was the band's singles.

Chi dem was a single on release and a digital single.

Better should of had that video but there was money to oil the wheels.

I think SOD went radio but didn't get much traction.

Basically advertisers control playlists. Old GNR is going to pull more listeners.

Is it wrong to say GNR were an MTV band? They broke on MTV and Illusions was sold with multiple videos.

Shacklers got some exposure on Rock band and If the World was on Body of Lies.

I think that was the band's singles.

Chi dem was a single on release and a digital single.

Better should of had that video but there was money to oil the wheels.

I think SOD went radio but didn't get much traction.

Basically advertisers control playlists. Old GNR is going to pull more listeners.

Is it wrong to say GNR were an MTV band? They broke on MTV and Illusions was sold with multiple videos.

Random shitposting like this makes this forum worse and worse every day .