The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Guns N' Roses tipped for Reading Festival headline slot : http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses-tipped-Reading-Festival-headline/story-28267771-detail/story.html

The first announcements for this next year's Reading and Leeds Festivals will be made this week. Craig Jones writes for What's On.

Guns N' Roses, who are rumoured to be reforming, are being backed by the bookies to take one of the headline slots.

Wonder how much money is on the line with the gambling bets.

Guns N' Roses tipped for Reading Festival headline slot : http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses-tipped-Reading-Festival-headline/story-28267771-detail/story.htmlThe first announcements for this next year's Reading and Leeds Festivals will be made this week. Craig Jones writes for What's On.

Guns N' Roses, who are rumoured to be reforming, are being backed by the bookies to take one of the headline slots.

Gambling bets? Lol do I dare ask..?

Guns N' Roses tipped for Reading Festival headline slot : http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Guns-N-Roses-tipped-Reading-Festival-headline/story-28267771-detail/story.htmlThe first announcements for this next year's Reading and Leeds Festivals will be made this week. Craig Jones writes for What's On.

Makes a girl wonder what kind of money is at stake here. The world can be a very strange place. What's that famous line from CABARET. Money makes the world go around.

Makes a girl wonder what kind of money is at stake here. The world can be a very strange place. What's that famous line from CABARET. Money makes the world go around.
Good point I'm just not sure I understand your first comment... I'm guessing we're taking bets on how much the tour would actually be worth?

Good point I'm just not sure I understand your first comment... I'm guessing we're taking bets on how much the tour would actually be worth?

They said GNR was being backed by the bookies to take a headlining slot. Maybe it was a joke. I may have take it too literally. :P

Thanks for the link, I hope they make an announcement soon.......

Fortus said probably, not soon.

You are correct sir. Fortus said "probably", which doesn't suggest either way whether he would be involved or not in any future gnr plans, reunion or not.

The post from supercool though with the link there shows festivals such as reading that will be announcing their lineup this week, so realistically unless the link is a bad source and to the best of my knowledge it isn't, it seems like we'll be getting an announcement this week. Or at least I'd think they wouldn't announce guns n roses as a headliner without mentioning if it'd be the classic lineup or not but...fingers crossed!

Edited by Billsfan

You are correct sir. Fortus said "probably", which doesn't suggest either way whether he would be involved or not in any future gnr plans, reunion or not.

The post from supercool though with the link there shows festivals such as reading that will be announcing their lineup this week, so realistically unless the link is a bad source and to the best of my knowledge it isn't, it seems like we'll be getting an announcement this week. Or at least I'd think they wouldn't announce guns n roses as a headliner without mentioning if it'd be the classic lineup or not but...fingers crossed!

I was just kidding. I just like that "soon" wasn't vague enough for the GN'R world. We had to be downgraded to "probably" :lol:

I was just kidding. I just like that "soon" wasn't vague enough for the GN'R world. We had to be downgraded to "probably" :lol:

lmao oh I gotcha Russ.. My bad. But well played on your part. The vagueness from GnR is killing me
  • Like 1

You guys forget there are songs Axl wanted to do but didn't because he did NOT have a Slash style player per his interview with Kurt Loader.

I think Axl was trying to respond to Slash's criticism that Axl wanted to do industrial rock sound or nine inch nails and Axl was saying in that interview that he wanted to do some classic stuff like appetite but couldn't bc Slash wasn't there.

Basically it was Axl's way of responding to what Slash had said about him and why they moved apart but at the same time say Slash left for no reason outside of his ego.

It was Axl's first interview in a while I'm sure he was ready to respond to a lot of the criticism that came out when Slash left. Surprisingly he sounded cool calm and collected about the whole thing.

I have to wonder, whenever I see some a**hole post "All we need is just a little patience" seriously on a GNR message board, do they really think they're the first person to post that? Are they aware of how much of a complete wanker it makes them out to be?

On topic: Now that Slash's tour is over, hopefully we hear something official, be it a confirmation or some kind of denial, which will hopefully be softened by news of the next album's impending release.