The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

And because all of this is going to be confirmed soon I can report that this entire tour has been in the works since before the last Vegas residency. From what was told to me both slash and Axl have been on speaking terms for almost 2 years. It was just a matter of sorting out a lot of legal bullshit

whats your connection to the band? you seem to know a lot

I could be remembering wrong, but he said he ran into Duff and his wife at some sort of event in Seattle and wound up talking with him for a while.

Seems like that's a lot of information for Duff to just drop on a stranger, though.

My brother in law and Duff are neighbors and that's all I'm going to say about anything else. Everything I've found out has been through talking with different people who have different positions in both the music industry, legal world and concert promoter representatives. Again most of you could have found out what I found out. It just takes work.

Spoke with a representative from MetLife stadium final confirmation for stadium shows will be by the end of January

If I were anybody thinking about going to Coachella I would not waste my money on the ticket. Unless for nostalgic reasons and history making reasons you want to be there and witnessed the reunion trust me you will have plenty of time to see them during this stadium tour

By "final confirmation" you just mean a statement releasing the tour dates or such, right? As in, it is confirmed that the tour is happening, correct?

And because all of this is going to be confirmed soon I can report that this entire tour has been in the works since before the last Vegas residency. From what was told to me both slash and Axl have been on speaking terms for almost 2 years. It was just a matter of sorting out a lot of legal bullshit

That is...just...awesome to hear!

I know somebody else brought this up but the fact that Rolling Stone has basically ignored this so far is...interesting. You'd have to assume there's a specific reason behind it.

Maybe a deal for that exclusive first interview and photo op?

This is what I'm thinking. Probably post the first "official" pic of the reunited lineup and have a write-up on it. Would assume Lemmy would get the next cover and they'd push any GnR cover to the next issue.
In America if Weiland didn't get a cover,Lemmy won't either. Let's hope Axl doesn't have beef with Jann Wenner over the RNRHOF debacle so we can get an in-depth story on this reunion. Edited by Subtle Signs

I'm gonna be so mad if Slashs show in a few days is a warm up. It's the only day I won't be in Vegas for the next few weeks.

I can't see them wanting to blow the big reunion moment at that point. I doubt Coachella would be impressed with that, it's more likely to be a farewell (for the moment at least) to SMKC.

whats your connection to the band? you seem to know a lot
No connection. Just someone who has met a few people and made some phone calls. Honestly, and this is scary, just about anyone of you could have found out the same information I found out. It just takes work. And a lot of time.
welcome home, Mr. Saint Laurent ;)

Lol I actually know him via the wrestling circles but he personally has no idea who I am regarding posting GnR news if that makes sense.

i hope axl, slash and duff are coming back to prove the world that they still can deliver the heavy goods after three decades.

I hope Axl doesn't come out as a fat out of shape lard-ass who put no effort whatsoever into trying to make this totally fucking awesome, or at least just not completely embarrassing ... That's my only fear is that he could be so bad that it would have been better if this had never happened .....

I think I'm gonna die from happiness. Hope they come to Europe and not do only festivals.Almost impossible to come to my country (Greece) with such an economical crisis(however the show would be definetely sold out -no matter what the prices are), but I hope for Italy, Istanbul or somewhere in Balkan. can't fucking wait!!! GUNS N FUCKING ROSES ARE BACK

I know somebody else brought this up but the fact that Rolling Stone has basically ignored this so far is...interesting. You'd have to assume there's a specific reason behind it.

This is what I'm thinking. Probably post the first "official" pic of the reunited lineup and have a write-up on it. Would assume Lemmy would get the next cover and they'd push any GnR cover to the next issue.
In America if Weiland didn't get a cover,Lemmy won't either. Let's hope Axl doesn't have beef with Jann Wenner over the RNRHOF debacle so we can get an in-depth story on this reunion.
You do realize he doesn't give a shit about Rolling Stone right?

i hope axl, slash and duff are coming back to prove the world that they still can deliver the heavy goods after three decades.

I hope Axl doesn't come out as a fat out of shape lard-ass who put no effort whatsoever into trying to make this totally fucking awesome, or at least just not completely embarrassing ... That's my only fear is that he could be so bad that it would have been better if this had never happened .....

the last time Axl looked good was 2006.
  • Like 1

In America if Weiland didn't get a cover,Lemmy won't either. Let's hope Axl doesn't have beef with Jann Wenner over the RNRHOF debacle so we can get an in-depth story on this reunion.

He cares about their money.

My first post, however I have been lurking for awhile.

If it's true this is amazing news. I haven't seen Guns live since Izzy walked and vowed I never would.

If this goes down without him, I will have to do a rethink.

Would love an original line up, never really felt the love for Matt.

However this shapes up its great news.

He cares about their money.
NOTHING about what you just said is true.

I think I'm gonna die from happiness. Hope they come to Europe and not do only festivals.Almost impossible to come to my country (Greece) with such an economical crisis(however the show would be definetely sold out -no matter what the prices are), but I hope for Italy, Istanbul or somewhere in Balkan. can't fucking wait!!! GUNS N FUCKING ROSES ARE BACK

Your best bet is Serbia, Croatia, or Romania or Bulgaria

That is also my best bet to see them on a possible European tour, because i live in Hungary and they wouldn't come here since 2006. (Not even with Axl's never ending CD/GH tour, lol)

Edited by Strange Broue

My first post, however I have been lurking for awhile.

If it's true this is amazing news. I haven't seen Guns live since Izzy walked and vowed I never would.

If this goes down without him, I will have to do a rethink.

Would love an original line up, never really felt the love for Matt.

However this shapes up its great news.

For long-time fans like you, I hope you guys get to see Izzy and Steven play some shows