The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Spoke with a representative from MetLife stadium final confirmation for stadium shows will be by the end of January

If I were anybody thinking about going to Coachella I would not waste my money on the ticket. Unless for nostalgic reasons and history making reasons you want to be there and witnessed the reunion trust me you will have plenty of time to see them during this stadium tour

And, not that it's any substitute for the real thing, but I'm pretty sure the Coachella show will be live streamed.

And because all of this is going to be confirmed soon I can report that this entire tour has been in the works since before the last Vegas residency. From what was told to me both slash and Axl have been on speaking terms for almost 2 years. It was just a matter of sorting out a lot of legal bullshit

whats your connection to the band? you seem to know a lot

I know somebody else brought this up but the fact that Rolling Stone has basically ignored this so far is...interesting. You'd have to assume there's a specific reason behind it.

Maybe a deal for that exclusive first interview and photo op?

This is what I'm thinking. Probably post the first "official" pic of the reunited lineup and have a write-up on it. Would assume Lemmy would get the next cover and they'd push any GnR cover to the next issue.

And because all of this is going to be confirmed soon I can report that this entire tour has been in the works since before the last Vegas residency. From what was told to me both slash and Axl have been on speaking terms for almost 2 years. It was just a matter of sorting out a lot of legal bullshit

I could be remembering wrong, but he said he ran into Duff and his wife at some sort of event in Seattle and wound up talking with him for a while.

Seems like that's a lot of information for Duff to just drop on a stranger, though.

Guns N Roses, with founding members Axl Rose and Slash, will headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., set for April 15-17 and April 22-24, according to multiple sources. The reunited band is also negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 football stadiums in North America in the summer of 2016, and is scheduled to be one of the first acts to play the new Las Vegas Arena, set to open April 6. Guns N' Roses is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show, with tickets topping out in the $250-$275 range.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6828129/guns-n-roses-reunion-coachella-stadium-las-vegas

250-275, it could be worse

any chanches for a super bowl half time show performance?

Quick question. Does Coachella not have some sort of 6 week "exclusivity" deal where a band can't play 6 weeks after the Festival or something. So US stadium shows probably won't be till at least June?

No

Guns N Roses, with founding members Axl Rose and Slash, will headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., set for April 15-17 and April 22-24, according to multiple sources. The reunited band is also negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 football stadiums in North America in the summer of 2016, and is scheduled to be one of the first acts to play the new Las Vegas Arena, set to open April 6. Guns N' Roses is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show, with tickets topping out in the $250-$275 range.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6828129/guns-n-roses-reunion-coachella-stadium-las-vegas

250-275, it could be worse

any chanches for a super bowl half time show performance?

No. Coldplay (ugh) is the half time performance this year.

Quick question. Does Coachella not have some sort of 6 week "exclusivity" deal where a band can't play 6 weeks after the Festival or something. So US stadium shows probably won't be till at least June?

AC/DC started their European tour on may 5th this year. While they played Coachella 3 weeks before...or do you only mean the US ?

No connection. Just someone who has met a few people and made some phone calls. Honestly, and this is scary, just about anyone of you could have found out the same information I found out. It just takes work. And a lot of time.

AC/DC started their European tour on may 5th this year. While they played Coachella 3 weeks before...or do you only mean the US ?

Only US. I know radius clauses are quite big in the UK. Reading and Leeds definitely use them a lot. What I'm saying is that I've just seen it suggested on another forum that they do Coachella in April, then off to Europe for a few festival shows then back to the US for end of July/August. 25 stadium shows might be happening, but not necessarily straight after Coachella.

Just found this on Wiki (yeah I know):

The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival uses radius clauses which can prevent acts from performing in Los Angeles, the Inland Empire, or San Diego for up to three months before and after the festival. The festival has allowed some of its acts to make appearances in the region prior to the festival, but only at events and venues owned or controlled by Coachella's parent company Anschutz Entertainment Group—such as Jay-Z at Staples Center in 2010. That year also marked the first time Coachella had ever sold-out in advance

No connection. Just someone who has met a few people and made some phone calls. Honestly, and this is scary, just about anyone of you could have found out the same information I found out. It just takes work. And a lot of time.
welcome home, Mr. Saint Laurent ;) Edited by maxpax