The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Maybe the Guns camp put the old logo up on the official page to get everyone talking and create hype. I think we're very close. Still not confirmed, but at this point my best guess is that Slash and Duff are back in Guns.

I would like some offical confirmation from both of them otherwise,I'm taking this as Axl just screwing around with every one.

For what it's worth, three days ago, a friend of Fortus posted on Facebook that he heard that 'apparently the Gnr reunion will be a blend the classic lineup and the latest Gnr lineup, interesting'.

Fortus liked his status. :ph34r:

If that's true, I think it's for the best honestly. My guess is Izzy won't fully join, he'll probably do a few shows here and there, maybe a short tour. And Fortus and Slash seem like they could get along cause Slash wanted 4tus in his band. (according to 4tus)

Musically, I think they can mesh together really well. Their style of guitar playing is similar enough. (classic hard rock)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

You know, I just remembered that I heard from other radio friends of mine earlier this year GNR were supposed to be headlining this year's Mayhem Fest.

Keep in mind that both of these guys are great friends of mine and also hardcore GNR fans that have no reason to lie to me about any of this.

One of them had even seen press releases for the tour's local stop that had GNR and Marilyn Manson headlining.

So now, that makes me think that there were two possibilities:

1) that was going to be the reunion tour, or at least the first run, but things were delayed for one reason or another and everything was pushed back.

2) it was going to be a nu-GNR tour, but Ashba, Bumble, and Stinson leaving caused the band to pull out at the last minute and was the catalyst for the reunion.

Just something to think about.

Edited by The Real McCoy

You know, I just remembered that I heard from other radio friends of mine earlier this year GNR were supposed to be headlining this year's Warped Tour.

Keep in mind that both of these guys are great friends of mine and also hardcore GNR fans that have no reason to lie to me about any of this.

One of them had even seen press releases for the tour's local stop that had GNR and Marilyn Manson headlining.

1) that was going to be the reunion tour, or at least the first run, but things were delayed for one reason or another and everything was pushed back.

2) it was going to be a nu-GNR tour, but Ashba, Bumble, and Stinson leaving caused the band to pull out at the last minute and was the catalyst for the reunion.

Zero chance of any version of Guns headlining Warped. Each band gets thirty minutes and the set times for each band are usually different each day. Your friend must have been confused.

You know, I just remembered that I heard from other radio friends of mine earlier this year GNR were supposed to be headlining this year's Warped Tour.

Zero chance of any version of Guns headlining Warped. Each band gets thirty minutes and the set times for each band are usually different each day. Your friend must have been confused.

True, Ashba and Ron left the band cause the band was doing no shit, if they were informed about another tour, then they would have done it, nothing wrong in earning some extra cash, Tommy also said if he gets a call then he will be there.

Festivals are nice, but Guns with Slash and Duff back don't need no festivals to make a lot of money. But it helps.

I don't like Festivals, I would prefer a solo show.

I think someone posted a link to a Blabbermouth article earlier, but I didn't click it because I assumed it was just the same old speculation. Just read the article now, and it is the same old speculation, but it did include the sentence below, which appears to be a rather specific piece of information:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-official-web-site-updated-with-old-logo-further-fueling-reunion-rumors/

"The official lineup announcement for the 2016 edition of Coachella will be made on January 5."

So we're back to where we were with that supposed Reading announcement a few Friday's ago? I'll admit tho this time it looks a bit more plausible.

Speaking of Reading, is there still at least one headline slot still available for that too?

2 headliners. But as that Virtual festivals article says a few pages back, UK is a big London outdoor show which will only be BST, which I'd heard rumours of a couple months ago.

Logo/website changing. That's bloody exciting. They just keep giving out little snippets don't they.

Actually, my mistake. Not Warped...what's the big rock / metal fest that happens every Summer?

Mayhem Fest...that's what it was.

For what it's worth, three days ago, a friend of Fortus posted on Facebook that he heard that 'apparently the Gnr reunion will be a blend between the classic lineup and the latest Gnr lineup, interesting'.

Can you show us the link to this?

For what it's worth, three days ago, a friend of Fortus posted on Facebook that he heard that 'apparently the Gnr reunion will be a blend between the classic lineup and the latest Gnr lineup, interesting'.

Can't because it simply appeared in my feed and I can't remember the name of the guy who posted it. However I recall Richard interacting with him in the past so I don't think he's just a facebook friend. It seemed that he knew the guy.

Slash and Duff have their own managers. Beta and Fernando manage Axl.

I'm pretty sure the mods know something at this point...

Team Brazil have been managing GNR for the past 3 years.

It's right there at the bottom of the front page of gunsnroses.com:

Guns N' Roses is managed by Team Brazil

Hard to say how they'll do it if there's a reunion though, maybe there will be a change in that department.

Axl Rose is Guns n' Roses. Team B manages that end. Slash and Duff each have separate managers. Then separate attorneys, and that's where it gets messy. Just because Team B manages Guns doesn't mean Slash and Duff need to "accept" something TB gives them. That's where their respective managers and attorneys get involved. I'm almost positive all of that has been worked out already or we wouldn't have that specific logo on the website. Come on, you actually think just because Beta and co. manage Axl that they are going to have the final say on what happens moving forward? Please.

Being a manager for a band is different from having a personal manager. The band manager deals with the record company, tour promoters, merch, scheduling studio time etc. Are you suggesting that if there's a reunion there won't be one manager dealing with the band's business, but each band member brings in their own manager to deal with these things. Oh what a mess that will be, do you think they'll agree on anything? It will be a negotiation for every little thing.

That's how Blink 182 did it before they sacked off Tom. They all had their own manager and they'd only communicate with each other through the management. Quite a few bands who can't stand each other communicate solely through the management. Sometimes it's 1 tour manager going back and forth between the members, sometimes it's a whole host of individual managers doing it. You'd be surprised at how common it is in the music industry.

That quote is pretty fucking concrete evidence that the REUNION IS NOT HAPPENING! Jesus...

Nah man. I agree it doesn't make things look great, but it still doesn't explain why all GNR members have gone underground. I need a logical reason thats happened for me to believe no reunion. Cause this is very untypical of their behavior.

How about busy with the holidays and their families like the rest of America?

Wrong. This has been going on since like August or September. Its been months. TRUST ME, they have been asked by people and the press. They are very clearly avoiding it and not talking about it. None of them live under rocks, especially Slash who surprisingly still gets out and plays shows all the times and STILL manages not to talk. It has nothing to do with them being busy, and I'm not trying to stir shit. They are very clearly not answering and avoiding the subject, and their silence is telling. If it turns out to be nothing, fine. But there's no way nothing is going on because they would have talked, as they have for the last 20 years whenever rumors come up.

This is different, and once again not one person has provided a LOGICAL reason why they wouldn't responded.

• Like 3

Can't because it simply appeared in my feed and I can't remember the name of the guy who posted it. However I recall Richard interacting with him in the past so I don't think he's just a facebook friend. It seemed that he knew the guy.

Well, are you sure it was Richard himself? I remember that someone posted here a print where Tommy were talking to someone on FB about the reunion, but that was a fake account

Festivals are nice, but Guns with Slash and Duff back don't need no festivals to make a lot of money. But it helps.

Yeah, they could - easily? - just play stadiums.

Are we sure about this? Stadiums seem lofty. Arenas for sure. I'm starting to wonder how much the outside world has interest in this. It's definitely getting coverage but how many more people would actually attend shows?

Also does anyone else think coachella would be a shitty place to launch this thing? There's so many different interests there and a lot of people just go to be part of the scene. Whenever you watch clips the crowd is never as into it as a crowd at a headlining show

From a logistical point of view, festivals are a lot easier than stadium shows right now. Less to organise and pay for from the band's point of view, and an easy test of the waters to see just how the announcement is received around the world. Coachella sells out regardless, right, so difficult to tell, but something like BST in London would be a good indicator. It's very rare that festival has a day that sells our, so if GnR sell out their day, coming back 12 months later for Wembley would be a good idea.

Plus if it all falls to pieces, it's on the festival to sort refunds etc, not the band.

Yeah, they could - easily? - just play stadiums.

Are we sure about this? Stadiums seem lofty. Arenas for sure. I'm starting to wonder how much the outside world has interest in this. It's definitely getting coverage but how many more people would actually attend shows?

Also does anyone else think coachella would be a shitty place to launch this thing? There's so many different interests there and a lot of people just go to be part of the scene. Whenever you watch clips the crowd is never as into it as a crowd at a headlining show

As Slash787 just said, yeah I think they could sell out stadiums. I think we as fans may be overhyping it, but the amount its being picked up shows there is interest. I agree with you its hard to tell how many people will actually want to go, but it'll become a thing. Everyone's boss will be getting them free tickets as a perk or something. It'll be a mainstream, high priority event I would say without question. I don't think its gonna be some 7 leg all stadiums tour, but definitely one leg in stadiums in the US should be a lock. Probably even more around the world. Personally I'm hoping for arenas, but that just makes it a harder ticket.

For what its worth, I agree with every word you said about Coachella. I kind of understood a European festival, although even that felt off. A festival feels wrong, but at least Europe has diehards for all these festivals. They seem to have good crowds. American ones are shit and no one even cares about the headliners. Something like a 20 year in the making GNR reunion should be done independent, not through a festival. To me, and its not a knock at all, but a Replacements reunion is more the thing you do at a festival, then on your own tour. GNR have enough draw that they could avoid festivals entirely. My only thought is I guess they are offering too much money to turn down, but I agree Coachella just feels off, and sad if that is true. But GNR fans will invade if its true so maybe they'll make it good.

Maybe some people would go crazy on me, but I do see the Original line up big as AC/DC, if they can sell out stadiums, then why not the Original line up of GNR?

Personally I want them to play stadiums/Arena's and not festivals cause I got back problems. But from what I see at the moment or from what I have heard, the band will play a bunch of festivals, I guess if things go right then they would play independent shows too.

Financially for them, I don't know, they can earn shit loads of money by playing stadiums, but I guess the festivals are giving them money which they cannot refuse and in Festivals, the crew and other things are less required rather than playing your own gig at a stadium, but well they should not actually care about that.

The Police did a reunion tour, they also sold out stadiums, Im not a hardcore Police fan, but well many people went and enjoyed. so GNR can easily do it.

• Like 1

IMHO they will not sell enough tickets to pack a stadium except in very large markets like New York or somewhere in California.

It will be mostly any arena tour holding 20,000 +/- a few thousand people in most markets in the US.

The US is not a good place to tour right now and it really hasn't been good for a long while for rock bands compared to South America and Europe.

Edited by bigcountry

IMHO they will not sell enough tickets to pack a stadium except in very large markets like New York or somewhere in California.

It will be mostly any arena tour holding 20,000 +/- a few thousand people in most markets in the US.

The US is not a good place to tour right now and it really hasn't been good for a long while for rock bands compared to South America and Europe.

Brazil and Argentina will be sold out before they even announce.

In US, I can see them selling out stadiums in NY, Seattle, LA, San Fran, Chicago, Detroit, maybe Florida too.