The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

This has zero to do with merchandising. The actual fact is that the lawsuits over the original logos have been ongoing for over a decade. The fact that this has all finally been resolved also points to Slash, Axl and Duff being on the same page again. Anyone remember in 2006 when the logo for the Hammerstein shows had the pistols and roses logo along with the star and Chinese GNR lettering? That was a humongous lawsuit and from that point forward guns had to use new original logos. Just because the rights to the old logos are now agreed upon would not make Axl all of a sudden use them and scrap everything Chinese Democracy unless they were being used for the sole purpose of promoting a reunion with the lineup who made those logos famous. Again, reunion is happening. It should have been announced already by now.

• Like 2

Exactly. What are the mathematical chances that, in the middle of all this unstoppable, "undenied" reunion rumours, GNR would innocently just pull down their entire website for a goddamn fucking logo of the old band? SERIOUSLY.

It's happening, guys. Start saving.

Edited by ManetsBR

I sat with Duff and Sue this past year at a fundraiser in Seattle and spoke about a lot of things. The reunion is happening it's just a matter of when it's going to be announced. I'm not claiming to be an insider or trolling anyone all I am saying is what was told to me and it's just a matter of time in regards to when everything is going to be announced to the general public. It's a wait and see type deal at this point I heard everything was supposed be finalized and announced by Christmas but apparently it's going to be at the beginning of the year. In my heart of hearts I really truly feel Scott's death had a lot to do with delaying things. Regardless of how revolver broke up he was loved deeply by Slash and especially Duff because stuff was the one that helped rehab him in the beginning.

Original lineup or hybrid?

I was told that Izzy is a wild card because he truly dislikes touring. Again, all public record at this point.

as much shit as Axl gets he is truly a man of principal. All that had to happen was for a certain someone to come to him personally and say "listen, I fucked up, we all fucked up, let's make this right." Which is exactly what happened. Axl felt in his heart he was 100% right and didn't feel the need to have to prove it to anyone. The crap he's had to deal with for 20 years regarding the fallout has fallen solely on him and honestly I'm happy he can finally have some peace. Regardless of what people think of him at the end of the day the guy is human. Put yourself in his shoes for once. I'm sure we've all dealt with somewhat similar situations with friends or family regarding bullshit. Now imagine that bullshit is on display for the entire word to see. You'd go insane. Cut him some slack. I'm happy for all parties this has been resolved.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Like 2

This is going to be the biggest reunion in the history of music. Honestly, they changed the face of music when Appetite came out and now they are going to put a period on the end of that sentence and close the book. Arguably the greatest rock and roll band of all time because no band has ever or will ever have the mystique and magnitude surrounding them like Guns has. I actually waited to come here till Christmas because I was hoping what I was told was true that it was going to be announced today. At least we got the old logo posted on the site. It's a start.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Like 1

I still can't quite believe a reunion would ever happen.

How would Slash and Duff handle being "managed" by Fernando? How would they feel when they have to ask Beta to sign their timesheets in order to get paid?

What about all this "last man standing" rhetoric that Axl has been trying to force-feed the fanbase for decades?

I can't believe they'll ever work together in a creative capacity. Sure, they'll license out their legacy for $150 pillows, but I can't see them doing much else.

Can we just clarify a few things?

It was my understanding that the classic Guns bullet logo was designed by Slash. Does he own the IP? Basically what I'm saying is, Slash would have to sign this off for Axl to use right?

You are correct

I still can't quite believe a reunion would ever happen.

How would Slash and Duff handle being "managed" by Fernando? How would they feel when they have to ask Beta to sign their timesheets in order to get paid?

What about all this "last man standing" rhetoric that Axl has been trying to force-feed the fanbase for decades?

I can't believe they'll ever work together in a creative capacity. Sure, they'll license out their legacy for $150 pillows, but I can't see them doing much else.

Slash and Duff have their own managers. Beta and Fernando manage Axl.

I'm pretty sure the mods know something at this point...

Slash and Duff have their own managers. Beta and Fernando manage Axl.

I'm pretty sure the mods know something at this point...

Team Brazil have been managing GNR for the past 3 years.

It's right there at the bottom of the front page of gunsnroses.com:

Guns N' Roses is managed by Team Brazil

Hard to say how they'll do it if there's a reunion though, maybe there will be a change in that department.

Imagine seeing new pics of axl and slash together for the first time in twenty years....... woooahh

That would be amazing!

Though at this point, I would be happy even seeing a new picture of Axl. I don't think we've seen anything of him for over a year now? Unless I missed something.

• Like 1

Imagine seeing new pics of axl and slash together for the first time in twenty years....... woooahh

That would be amazing!

Though at this point, I would be happy even seeing a new picture of Axl. I don't think we've seen anything of him for over a year now? Unless I missed something.

Axl hasn't been seen in over a year I think. Slash is always somewhere.

This reunion solidifies Axl as the biggest fraud in the history of the music industry. All this whining about artistic integrity and he teams up with a guy who hasn't written a decent song in a decade, a man who churns out Shinedown-lite garbage. Pathetic.

If reuniting with old friends to make music makes you a fraud, there's a ton of frauds in music
Yeah really. A long, long list of frauds..

Personally I think everyone should check the bitterness with axl at the door considering he's even considered actually doing this. Well, at least I have because honestly up until about a year and few months ago, I never thought it would ever be remotely possible to even get the original lineup in a room together.

• Like 1