The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Maybe some people would go crazy on me, but I do see the Original line up big as AC/DC, if they can sell out stadiums, then why not the Original line up of GNR?

Personally I want them to play stadiums/Arena's and not festivals cause I got back problems. But from what I see at the moment or from what I have heard, the band will play a bunch of festivals, I guess if things go right then they would play independent shows too.

Financially for them, I don't know, they can earn shit loads of money by playing stadiums, but I guess the festivals are giving them money which they cannot refuse and in Festivals, the crew and other things are less required rather than playing your own gig at a stadium, but well they should not actually care about that.

The Police did a reunion tour, they also sold out stadiums, Im not a hardcore Police fan, but well many people went and enjoyed. so GNR can easily do it.

Agreed. IMO, and I truly don't think its overstating it, but an original GNR reunion tour will be the Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin tour that never happened. For years people talked how those two were the biggest tours that could happen at this point. Now, they can't or they just plain won't. To me, I think GNR is next in that line. Stadiums should be an easy sell, money will be big, and it'll give rock music a desperate shot in the arm that its needed for awhile now. We could use someone other than AC/DC playing our stadiums.

I dont wanna wait anymore. I need some confirmation now

We all know nothing, but I do believe its headed in the right direction. Sounds silly, and based off nothing, but I'd be shocked if we're not sure of something by February. They can't be silent forever, and I just feel within the next few months something is gonna have to come out.

I don't know about the US, but for the WOF tour, SMKC were playing arenas in Europe and elsewhere. Most sold out. So surely GNR can then do stadiums. They also headlined festivals. Slash and Axl together in GNR is going to be a huge draw.

Edited by Babooshka

I'm not sure if they'd be able to do stadiums at this point. Maybe like one on each coast, but I think they'd be best to stick with arenas just to ensure that it remains a hot ticket.

Can you elaborate what you mean by hot ticket?

I'm not sure if they'd be able to do stadiums at this point. Maybe like one on each coast, but I think they'd be best to stick with arenas just to ensure that it remains a hot ticket.

Meaning that if they book into arenas everything will sell out faster and it would be perceived as more successful. It helps keep demand up which drives buzz.

I just want confirmation that Axl has apologized to Slash and accepted that these last years were a bad joke and it's time to work again with the best guitar player he has ever worked with.

Axl will never apologize to Slash, both of them will be neutral with each other, they won't be the best buddies, but still Axl will be more still friendly with Slash than he has been with his hired hands.

Btw is that your pic badly edited next to Robin Finck?

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I went to see Star Wars last night and before the movie started you always have all the ads and shit that run constantly before the movie. Well a few times this ad ran which showed a crowd and it played the opening to Jungle. The next time the ad ran it played the same part but then it also had Axl over top saying "you know where you are?"

A sign?

Meaning that if they book into arenas everything will sell out faster and it would be perceived as more successful. It helps keep demand up which drives buzz.

Fair point, although I see it from both perspectives. Do stadiums first cause its a bigger deal then. Then do arenas next to ensure shows still sell. But I also get your thing, which is do arenas, build the buzz, show you're still good, then you get repeats and people that now WANT to see the show thats been talked about next time when it moves to a stadium. Either way the buzz continues.

I think do double header shows at arenas. Garth Brooks did this his last tour. He made more money and still got a lot of people to his shoes. In my town he played a 16,000 seat arena 2 shows per night. 4 shows total in 2 days. It was awesome!

Never gonna happen. Axl can't make it on time for ONE show a night. You think he'll do 2? Plus it means shorter shows, and their energy doesn't work for that. I do applaud Garth's style though.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I went to see Star Wars last night and before the movie started you always have all the ads and shit that run constantly before the movie. Well a few times this ad ran which showed a crowd and it played the opening to Jungle. The next time the ad ran it played the same part but then it also had Axl over top saying "you know where you are?"

A sign?

I saw The Big Short yesterday and they played Sweet Child O Mine (for what seemed like no reason) and I turned to my friend and said "if that doesn't mean reunion I don't know what does."

• Like 1

A sign?

What exactly were they advertising?

I think do double header shows at arenas. Garth Brooks did this his last tour. He made more money and still got a lot of people to his shoes. In my town he played a 16,000 seat arena 2 shows per night. 4 shows total in 2 days. It was awesome!

Not for nothing, but Foo Fighters just did double nights in several cities in stadiums, and the shows were nearly 3 hours long... and Dave had a broken leg... so it can definitely be done.

Edited by slim26

A sign?

Where was this movie being shown? Just curious

Fair point, although I see it from both perspectives. Do stadiums first cause its a bigger deal then. Then do arenas next to ensure shows still sell. But I also get your thing, which is do arenas, build the buzz, show you're still good, then you get repeats and people that now WANT to see the show thats been talked about next time when it moves to a stadium. Either way the buzz continues.

Never gonna happen. Axl can't make it on time for ONE show a night. You think he'll do 2? Plus it means shorter shows, and their energy doesn't work for that. I do applaud Garth's style though.

A sign?

I saw The Big Short yesterday and they played Sweet Child O Mine (for what seemed like no reason) and I turned to my friend and said "if that doesn't mean reunion I don't know what does."

Yeah I looked at the person with me and said "that's gotta be a sign."

A sign?

Nothing. Literally nothing. It just came on the screen.

A sign?

I live in Pittsburgh and that's where I saw it.

A sign?

I live in Pittsburgh and that's where I saw it.
That is kinda interesting. Not sure if it means anything.

A sign?

Are you serious?!

Edited by GNRSkidRow1

Has anyone elses rock stations been playing the hell out of GNR?

Over the past 2-3 weeks the local rock station has been playing the hell out of GNR and not just the hits alot songs that where never released as singles. Right now they are playing more GNR songs than any other rock band.

GNR has always been in the rotation but the amount of GNR songs they are playing has probably tripled. Also they USE to play some CD stuff but now it's all the older stuff.

I live in a rural area so we really only have one rock station so I have no other station to compare it with.

I know not alot of people listen to the radio much but I still do.

This maybe nothing or it could be that stations are saturating the air ways with GNR to get people thinking about them more with it looking like there will be a reunion and this could be the start of marketing it. Anytime a band is releasing a new album or touring in the future this station plays there old stuff pretty hard and heavy before either the album is released or the touring even has started.

Just wishful thinking probably

Mine has been playing the hits. Hell, they even threw Mr. Brownstone in there.

A sign?

Are you serious?!

Yeah dead serious. They played it three times.

A sign?

Are you serious?!

With just no explanation? What could possibly be the reason for this?

Hope the Mothergoose will be there too.

Slash and "what's his name" together? Not a chance, but Going Down leaked so...

Frank is the longest gnr drummer, he has proven himself enough and it will be pretty damn funny for Sorum, he said really bad things bout Frank in 2012.

Richard is a no brainer.

A sign?

Are you serious?!

With just no explanation? What could possibly be the reason for this?

I have no idea, but I'd like to believe it's another sign of the reunion.

• Like 1