The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I am not entirely keen on stadiums either but these shows will overfill arenas so unsure how else they could do it

Axl's arse will overfill arenas to be fair. Open air stadiums are probably necessary in order to lift him in with a crane. :lol: Edited by Dazey

Not seeing the fuss over the photo. Axl looks like a 53-year-old man, actually, better than your average 53-year-old man.

I've never seen a fanbase more obsessed with how a member of their favorite band LOOKS than Guns N' Roses fans with Axl Rose. I'm really more concerned with how he sounds.

• Like 1

Is anyone here NOT going to try and see a show? Just curious

I´m going but Slash and Duff deserve a lot more than just an ugly old fat grandma for a singer. Instead of Reunion Tour it´s looks we´re gonna get The Big Mama´s House Tour.

I´m not asking Axl to look like Christian Bale. But what I see in that picture is sad to say the least.

Not seeing the fuss over the photo. Axl looks like a 53-year-old man, actually, better than your average 53-year-old man.

I've never seen a fanbase more obsessed with how a member of their favorite band LOOKS than Guns N' Roses fans with Axl Rose. I'm really more concerned with how he sounds.

He can eat as many burgers as he wants and be over 200kg's, thats not my problem. My problem is that some fans are saying he looks good as a rockstar at this age, look at Steven tyler, hell look at Robert Plant man. They look awesome in regards to their age. Duff is not a 20 year old kid, he is 51, but look how fit he is.

He can eat as many burgers as he wants and be over 200kg's, thats not my problem. My problem is that some fans are saying he looks good as a rockstar at this age, look at Steven tyler, hell look at Robert Plant man. They look awesome in regards to their age. Duff is not a 20 year old kid, he is 51, but look how fit he is.

Again, I'm not seeing the obsession over how the man looks. Is it really going to matter to you when you're at a live show watching them perform, whether he is 10-15 pounds overweight?

I hate to get morbid, but Scott Weiland looked fantastic in recent years (at least as far as physical fitness goes, in terms of his body and weight) but what did it really matter if he couldn't perform at a high level anymore?

If Axl can sound somewhat similar to how he did 20 years ago, I'm really not concerned in the least about if he looks similar to how he did 20 years ago.

I'm really more concerned with how he sounds.

And you genuinely see no link between that and his physical condition?

I don't really see how stuffing his face with In N Out double-double's is going to effect his voice one way or the other. Some of the greatest tenors in history have been overweight. Brian Johnson still sounds amazing at AC/DC shows even though he looks like a flabby car mechanic.

• Like 1

Jesus, some of you guys are jaded. Yeah, if anyone thinks that they are gonna walk into old Giants Stadium and see the band from the PC video you are fooling yourselves. Brace yourself for this, but time doesn't stop for anyone, including W. Axl Rose.

He's old. Slash is old. They are old.

The 'thing' is seeing them on stage playing together for the 1st time in 20 years. The mere site of that is all I need. That's what I'm gonna pay to see. Sure, I hope they sound and look good, but that's gravy to a certain extent. I mean, fuck being old and fat, they haven't played with each other in 2 decades! I'll just be happy if they are in sync and don't forget lyrics and chords for Christ's sakes man!

• Like 2

Again, I'm not seeing the obsession over how the man looks. Is it really going to matter to you when you're at a live show watching them perform, whether he is 10-15 pounds overweight?

I hate to get morbid, but Scott Weiland looked fantastic in recent years (at least as far as physical fitness goes, in terms of his body and weight) but what did it really matter if he couldn't perform at a high level anymore?

If Axl can sound somewhat similar to how he did 20 years ago, I'm really not concerned in the least about if he looks similar to how he did 20 years ago.

This is what im saying, the thing matters to me is how he sounds.

See IF he is Fat, then people should accept he is FAT and he needs to lose weight, why are people being so delusional and saying he looks great. Stop comparing him with other artists cause I can tell you many names who look way way better than Axl at this age.

So who thinks they will hang together? Do you think they are friendly enough for that or will it be the only time together is on stage?

L. O. Fucking L.

This tour is gonna be the epitome of the old Rolling Stones, '5 limos in, 5 limos out' routine.

So who thinks they will hang together? Do you think they are friendly enough for that or will it be the only time together is on stage?

If you are talking about Axl and Slash, they will definitely hang together. Even after so many years they will have the connection and even the chemistry on stage.

The thing which NuGNR missed is Axl and other band members chemistry backstage, like Axl went in his own Van and others were hanging around on their own.

If you see when Duff came back, he and Axl were like always together and all. Duff and Axl had not met each other since like what? 1997 I guess, but still they had their friendship.

Axl see's these new members as hired people, but how much ever Axl hates Slash, he does loves him and see's a friend.

I think they are more likely to potentially spend time together now than if they had never broken up. Look at how Aerosmith operates now.

But with Axl and Slash not having spent much time together at all until recently, I would think that once they talked in person that a lot of bad feelings dissipated. They might not be best friends, but I can see them spending some time together.

I saw Slash's Snakepit play at a small club like 8-10 years ago. There was a guy there dressed EXACTLY like Axl. Honestly, it was incredible how close this guy looked to Axl.

Slash was hanging out at the bar after the show and the guy went over to take a pic with him, and Slash flat out shut him down.

I think Axl may wanna hang out with Slash, but I don't think Slash wants anything to do with Axl that doesn't translate to m.o.n.e.y.....