The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I donno, to the few who are talking about Axl's appearance... How was your morning run?

I get your point, but are any of us about to charge people $275 a head to watch us do our jobs?

Depends on the job though right? If I figure out an hourly wage for my work I sometimes charge $250 / hour (not that my job is by the hour, it just works out that way)

I do what I have to do to make sure I can do that job, being approx 40, I can no longer do that same job exactly like I could at 20 though :)

Edited by gunsguy
  • Like 1

I donno, to the few who are talking about Axl's appearance... How was your morning run?

I get your point, but are any of us about to charge people $275 a head to watch us do our jobs?

Depends on the job though right? If I figure out an hourly wage for my work I sometimes charge $250 / hour (not that my job is by the hour, it just works out that way)

I do what I have to do to make sure I can do that job, being approx 40, I can no longer do that same job exactly like I could at 20 though :)

Can you perform it well enough to justify the hourly rate? I think that's all anyone is really asking of the band.

Edited by GunnerOne 84

Is Axl charging for the look of his ass or gut or the speed with which he moves? Don't think so..

I do feel slightly daunted by the rumoured ticket prices. I live in Europe, and there's no solid news about any gigs over here, but if prices are similar... ouch. I know that there would be cheaper ones, but that would mean sitting so far away from the stage that you'd be watching them on a screen. Which isn't what I had in mind, to be honest.

As for the suggested selling of one's body to afford it... I don't think I'd have any takers. :P So I'll just hope those rumours are false.

Can you perform it well enough to justify the hourly rate? I think that's all anyone is really asking of the band.

Yes I can. I feel that Axl will and can as well. Keep in mind we are months away from anything live... I think? Anyway I don't really wanna discuss this because at the end of the day he can do more cardio than I can :)

Well, each to their own. If I were going to be a fan because of people's looks, I'd go follow a boy band.

Rock n roll is a lot to do with image... especially the hard rock bands that are popular. I might love the music Leslie West makes... but certainly wont be hanging his poster up my wall. Boy bands are pop bands who are cliche and their music sucks.

Its good to see bands that look good and sound great. I know its all about music... but cmon.

You're a fucking idiot if you'd rather see fit Axl sounding like shit (Mickey Mouse as you put it) than see fat Axl sounding good.

Preferably, he'd both look good and sound good, but there's no question which is more important.

I actually sort of hope Axl doesn't lose any weight but sounds fucking amazing, just to shut up those who think weight and voice can't be mutually exclusive.
Weight relates to the stage presence though. If he's running around and gets too tired, it will affect his ability to sing well consistently.

Dave Kushner @davekushner66 15h15 hours ago

Dave Kushner Retweeted Variety

Why the hell don't they mention my boy @DuffMcKagan !?!? These people...1f644.png

Especially when I can only imagine Duff has played a monumental role in Axl and Slash reconnecting. Imagine the conversations Axl and Duff must have had when Duff filled in for NuGuns bassist for a little bit back in 2014 (or was it 2011/12?)

Yes I can. I feel that Axl will and can as well. Keep in mind we are months away from anything live... I think? Anyway I don't really wanna discuss this because at the end of the day he can do more cardio than I can :)

I'm actually in agreement with you on this. I think he'll take it seriously, I think he'll be in shape, and I think his voice will be fine.

So if rumour's are true, what are UK people thinking? Stadium's, arena's?

Wembley and the o2 would do me

Same, I'd love a warm up show similar to when they played Hammersmith Odeon back in 2006.

THAT would be amazing!

It would!

I'm already getting anxious about when tickets go on sale, skint after Christmas...

Same, I'd love a warm up show similar to when they played Hammersmith Odeon back in 2006.
Hammersmith or Wembley Arena as a warm up, and surely Wembley Stadium or Twickenham for the proper show?

The o2 is my local, but only holds about 15-18,000. If Nu-GNR can play there at almost full capacity 4 times over 2 years then reunited GNR can do Wembley.

Edited by CAFC Nick

Hammersmith or Wembley Arena as a warm up, and surely Wembley Stadium or Twickenham for the proper show?

The o2 is my local, but only holds about 15-18,000. If Nu-GNR can play there at almost full capacity 4 times over 2 years then reunited GNR can do Wembley.

Yeah without a doubt. Maybe a few night's at Wembley stadium or week long residency type thing at the o2, I'd take either. The o2 is only up the road from me, but to be honest I'm willing to travel anywhere.

Judging by social media, the general public doesn't seem as on board with this as us diehards are.

Are we sure they can sell enough seats at stadiums for this thing?

The rockworld is still in shock about Lemmys passing - bad timing for an announcement - everybody is still talking about him and not gnr