The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I saw Slash's Snakepit play at a small club like 8-10 years ago. There was a guy there dressed EXACTLY like Axl. Honestly, it was incredible how close this guy looked to Axl.

Slash was hanging out at the bar after the show and the guy went over to take a pic with him, and Slash flat out shut him down.

I think Axl may wanna hang out with Slash, but I don't think Slash wants anything to do with Axl that doesn't translate to m.o.n.e.y.....

You can't see why Slash at that time didn't want anything to do with that? If he did things for money he would have got back with VR a long time ago.

HI ALL YOU GUESTS! Why not make an account and engage us in some chatter here at the forum?

It is real easy, just sign up and pick a username!

Thanks for the invite!

Been lurking since "the leaks" :S

Thanks to everyone for the cool news, insider news and speculation! Very exciting times for Guns N' Roses :headbang:

• Like 3

HI ALL YOU GUESTS! Why not make an account and engage us in some chatter here at the forum?

It is real easy, just sign up and pick a username!

Thanks for the invite!

Been lurking since "the leaks" :S

Thanks to everyone for the cool news, insider news and speculation! Very exciting times for Guns N' Roses :headbang:

Nice to see new faces around here, welcome brother!

• Like 1

I saw Slash's Snakepit play at a small club like 8-10 years ago. There was a guy there dressed EXACTLY like Axl. Honestly, it was incredible how close this guy looked to Axl.

Slash was hanging out at the bar after the show and the guy went over to take a pic with him, and Slash flat out shut him down.

I think Axl may wanna hang out with Slash, but I don't think Slash wants anything to do with Axl that doesn't translate to m.o.n.e.y.....

Do you think axl would take a photo with a guy dressed like slash 10 years ago?

Jesus, some of you guys are jaded. Yeah, if anyone thinks that they are gonna walk into old Giants Stadium and see the band from the PC video you are fooling yourselves. Brace yourself for this, but time doesn't stop for anyone, including W. Axl Rose.

He's old. Slash is old. They are old.

The 'thing' is seeing them on stage playing together for the 1st time in 20 years. The mere site of that is all I need. That's what I'm gonna pay to see. Sure, I hope they sound and look good, but that's gravy to a certain extent. I mean, fuck being old and fat, they haven't played with each other in 2 decades! I'll just be happy if they are in sync and don't forget lyrics and chords for Christ's sakes man!

100% THIS.

*slash is fat too and nobody's complaining

So who thinks they will hang together? Do you think they are friendly enough for that or will it be the only time together is on stage?

I'm 100% sure if they weren't friendly enough to hang, this would never happen. Not with Axl!

No you didn't. He was in VR.

These are adult men with lives of their own.

Anyone who thinks they'll be palling around and spending Christmas together is a moron.

Doing something like attending an F-1 race while on tour is a lot different than spending Christmas together. Nuance, people.

Man, people certainly like to point out every negative little thing. Let time show us what will happen.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks they'll be palling around and spending Christmas together is a moron.

Doing something like attending an F-1 race while on tour is a lot different than spending Christmas together. Nuance, people.

How's about this. They will not do a single thing together that is not about the bottom line, selling tickets, promoting the reunion, etc., etc, etc....

Anyone that thinks this is ever happening again is stuck in 1988.

These guys are gonna leave their own dressing rooms, with their own people, and meet up on the walk out to the stage before doing the exact same thing in reverse on the way out as they grab their check.

tumblr_m6jt4zms1F1r2qkbko1_500.jpg

I don't wanna sound pessimistic, but all this "Reunion" stuff isn't gonna be permanent as I see it.

A tour honoring the legacy, and that's it. Obviously new record isn't coming out either. Duff must be responsible for Axl's fitness also. It has to be.

Can I also just state quickly that if they came out, played 'One in a Million' one time, and Axl screamed "Good fucking night" and ended the tour I would both be totally cool with it and think it was fucking awesome.

I'd fly to Vegas and drop $500 on a ticket to see that right now.

But then again, I'm a weirdo.

• Like 2

All the people who know for sure that they are not going to have anything to do with each other are simply morons. First you don't know them and you know nothing what they will do. Second if what you are saying here was true, there would never be a reunion. How many hours did Duff have to hang with Axl to convince him to talk to Slash again? And how long did Slash and Axl have to hang to resolve their problems? Well, I'll tell you - probably very, very long. If you think this is all happening because the managers and lawyers agreed on the terms of reunion and that's it, you're plain crazy.

How's about this. They will not do a single thing together that is not about the bottom line, selling tickets, promoting the reunion, etc., etc, etc....

Anyone that thinks this is ever happening again is stuck in 1988.

These guys are gonna leave their own dressing rooms, with their own people, and meet up on the walk out to the stage before doing the exact same thing in reverse on the way out as they grab their check.

tumblr_m6jt4zms1F1r2qkbko1_500.jpg

i even doubt that Axl will do a rehearsal with slash and Duff. Fortus, Dizzy and Ferrer will introduce them to the band...

Can I also just state quickly that if they came out, played 'One in a Million' one time, and Axl screamed "Good fucking night" and ended the tour I would both be totally cool with it and think it was fucking awesome.

I'd fly to Vegas and drop $500 on a ticket to see that right now.

But then again, I'm a weirdo.

Lolno

For me, the announcement of a reunion is only a first step. In GNR land, anything can go wrong - Slash could say something to piss Axl off. Duff and Slash could get pissed off with Axl showing up an hour late. Riots at concerts - promoters pull the plug.

There's a long way to go and for me this won't feel real until the first show goes off without a hitch.

For me, the announcement of a reunion is only a first step. In GNR land, anything can go wrong - Slash could say something to piss Axl off. Duff and Slash could get pissed off with Axl showing up an hour late. Riots at concerts - promoters pull the plug.

There's a long way to go and for me this won't feel real until the first show goes off without a hitch.

Eh, there is no way whatsoever the contract they are whipping up is not gonna cover every possible scenario and what the consequences are for breaking the terms of the agreement.

If i'm Slash, there is no way I'm signing shit that doesn't explicitly state that if Axl decides not to show up or sabotages the shows in any way that he is financially responsible for all the repercussions.

There is no way these guys are even gonna get in the same room without 100% assurance that it's a go and that no one can fuck it up without serious financial consequences.

Edited by Saltzy