The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Can I also just state quickly that if they came out, played 'One in a Million' one time, and Axl screamed "Good fucking night" and ended the tour I would both be totally cool with it and think it was fucking awesome.

I'd fly to Vegas and drop $500 on a ticket to see that right now.

But then again, I'm a weirdo.

Post of the day! I'll see you in Vegas. That'd be awesome

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/Maverick_AC

Not sure what Andy Copping (download festival / live nation booking dude) is getting at here...

Comments seem positive though.

Axl, Slash, Duff and Matt/Steven is enough to call it a reunion in my view. If Izzy doesn't wish to have full involvement i wouldn't be surprised but i'm sure he would pop up occasionally for a show.

I also think Pitman will be involved if they intend to play some Chinese songs.

No one has mentioned Gilby as a stand in for Izzy? Thoughts?

Not sure what Andy Copping (download festival / live nation booking dude) is getting at here...

Axl, Slash, Duff and Matt/Steven is enough to call it a reunion in my view. If Izzy doesn't wish to have full involvement i wouldn't be surprised but i'm sure he would pop up occasionally for a show.

Well the rumors are that Fortus will be there instead of Izzy/Gilby.

Pretty clear he's criticizing people for bitching about GNR lacking 2 "original" members and lists a bunch of others that the public likes without 2 original members.

Well the rumors are that Fortus will be there instead of Izzy/Gilby.

I would prefer that anyways. I absolutely LOVE Fortus, he's the one thing that has always stood out for me in the new lineup since 2006. Great energy and fan interaction without showboating (Ashba) and has the talent and skill to play alongside Slash while fitting in with the aesthetic. Obviously Izzy would be awesome but since he has never seemed interested I would be extremely happy with Fortus.

• Like 1

It is happening. The rumors are too big and have been around for too long and if anyone was to deny them at this point it would mean a huge clusterfuck of dissapointment which is bad for business. There is no way these rumors are not true

Those bands aren't touring under the pretense of a reunion though

Neither is this one as far as we know :shrugs: The only people that have called in a reunion are the media and fans. Who knows what the official site with say in a couple days.

Before it's "There's no GnR without Slash" and now it's "There's no GnR without Izzy or Steven". What the fuck is wrong with some people? :lol: We're these people just as adamant when Izzy was replaced by Gilby and Matt replaced Steven? Like what the fuck? Is it not the same concept? :lol:

• Like 3

Those bands aren't touring under the pretense of a reunion though

Neither is this one as far as we know :shrugs: The only people that have called in a reunion are the media and fans. Who knows what the official site with say in a couple days.

Before it's "There's no GnR without Slash" and now it's "There's no GnR without Izzy or Steven". What the fuck is wrong with some people? :lol: We're these people just as adamant when Izzy was replaced by Gilby and Matt replaced Steven? Like what the fuck? Is it not the same concept? :lol:

I just watched Chicago 92 on youtube, that was guns n roses as far as i'm concerned. No Izzy, no Steven. The core of this band is Axl, Slash and Duff. People will moan whatever the circumstances!

Just waiting for the first - nugnr reunion thread to start ;-)

Honestly IF fortus is there, I don't want him to play any solo's. He totally fucks it up.

The new version of KOHD is good, but I want the other version if there is a reunion.

Steven is good as ever, if some how they think Steven can be a problem, then why not get Matt? That bald head should stay out of this.

Lastly apart from the vocals, I hope the whole bands sound like GNR and not NuGNR. Slash's solo band sounds awesome when it comes to playing GNR songs and it sounds perfect not just cause of Slash, its cause of the other members too.

Look at it this way: if izzy doesn't participate in a reunion, then that's his choice. It's not like he's clamoring for the job and he's being shot down (unlike Adler or Sorum, if it comes to that).

When Pumpkins reformed, I would've loved to have seen all four originals. But two of them had the chance and said no, so there's nothing to be that upset about.

Same deal with Izzy

Look at it this way: if izzy doesn't participate in a reunion, then that's his choice. It's not like he's clamoring for the job and he's being shot down (unlike Adler or Sorum, if it comes to that).

When Pumpkins reformed, I would've loved to have seen all four originals. But two of them had the chance and said no, so there's nothing to be that upset about.

Same deal with Izzy

I will deal with Izzy, but when it comes to the drummer, I want Adler or Sorum, not that bald head.

I like my women shaved. Don't put that much thought in Axls facial hair. Don't care about that but I do wish he shows up in shape. He did improve a ton from 2001, in 2006. He was clearly in better fitness and provided much better vocals. So it could happen. We'll see.

So if rumour's are true, what are UK people thinking? Stadium's, arena's?

Wembley and the o2 would do me

Same, I'd love a warm up show similar to when they played Hammersmith Odeon back in 2006.
Hammersmith or Wembley Arena as a warm up, and surely Wembley Stadium or Twickenham for the proper show?

The o2 is my local, but only holds about 15-18,000. If Nu-GNR can play there at almost full capacity 4 times over 2 years then reunited GNR can do Wembley.

Yeah without a doubt. Maybe a few night's at Wembley stadium or week long residency type thing at the o2, I'd take either. The o2 is only up the road from me, but to be honest I'm willing to travel anywhere.

I can't see them playing Wembley Arena - and I hope to God they don't because the acoustics are horrible there. Also the Arena has a strict curfew of 11.00 pm whereas the o2 doesn't and, even though Axl has been on time or not too late on the last tour, an 11.00 pm finish is cutting it a bit too fine. Hyde Park has a curfew of 11.00 pm too. I'd love to see a residency at the o2...just up the road from me as well...

Not a fan of Wembley Arena or Stadium, seen 2 gigs at each (Slash and SOAD at Arena, Springsteen & AC/DC at Stadium), Arena has no atmosphere and Stadium is way too big to feel like you're in the gig unless you're right at the front. A week-long residency at The O2 would be much more preferable, lets them mix the setlist up a bit between gigs as well for fans in one location. If Prince can sell out 21 shows there I don't think 7 or 8 shows is out of the question.

The dream would be a warm-up gig at Brixton Academy, though. Saw Slash there in 2012 and the atmosphere was incredible, same when I saw Faith No More there earlier that year and Jane's Addiction in 2014, crowds go mental without it becoming too violent.