The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Judging by social media, the general public doesn't seem as on board with this as us diehards are.

Are we sure they can sell enough seats at stadiums for this thing?

I think this is just because we still don't have an official announcement that will cover all the details people want to know

Losing weight, especially at certain age is harder than you think and really has nothing to do with being pumped up or not, lazy or not. Once again - Axl does not carry an extra 100 kilos. If he is overweight, then its probably a surplus of about 15 kg or so. With that surplus one can still be very fit if they exercise and take care of themselves. Plus, he is 50 and I don't expect him to run like he used to. It is more than enough for me if he walks the stage and sings well.

And no, it is not about the looks. Even the dumbest of all will know that buying the ticket now does not mean they're gonna see a 1991 perfect body young Axl on stage. GNR music is far too good to say it is the looks that matter/mattered.

We weren't talking about his looks or weight. We were talking about ticket sales. Tho you seem to be really into defending his appearance regardless of what the topic is.

Do I smell a t-roll?

Edited by rocknroll41

Is anyone here NOT going to try and see a show? Just curious

Kinda depends on what I can get. I'm a Brit, and if they play something like Wembley Stadium or Hyde Park and all I can get is a seat at the back of 72,000 people then I ain't gonna shell out £250 for me and another £250 for the missus, plus travelling costs, hotels etc.

I will only do it if I can get a decent seat (I don't do moshpits).

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

So if rumour's are true, what are UK people thinking? Stadium's, arena's?

Wembley and the o2 would do me

Same, I'd love a warm up show similar to when they played Hammersmith Odeon back in 2006.
Hammersmith or Wembley Arena as a warm up, and surely Wembley Stadium or Twickenham for the proper show?

The o2 is my local, but only holds about 15-18,000. If Nu-GNR can play there at almost full capacity 4 times over 2 years then reunited GNR can do Wembley.

Yeah without a doubt. Maybe a few night's at Wembley stadium or week long residency type thing at the o2, I'd take either. The o2 is only up the road from me, but to be honest I'm willing to travel anywhere.

I can't see them playing Wembley Arena - and I hope to God they don't because the acoustics are horrible there. Also the Arena has a strict curfew of 11.00 pm whereas the o2 doesn't and, even though Axl has been on time or not too late on the last tour, an 11.00 pm finish is cutting it a bit too fine. Hyde Park has a curfew of 11.00 pm too. I'd love to see a residency at the o2...just up the road from me as well...

Edited by Lindy100

I won't

Why not? Have you ever been to a show?

Yes. First gnr show I went to was 1988. Last was 2012. Didnt want to go in 2012 but the tickets were free, so I went.

For me, I was bored to death for years with the same songs over and over again. Now it will be more of the same but the setlist will be even more pared down. Just because Slash is playing them doesnt do anything different for me. They will still sound the same and i'd already be bored by the middle of It's So Easy. Plus, there is absolutely no indication that Axl could pull this off. I have no faith in him whatsoever. And again, I have no desire to hear or see these songs played live ever again, regardless of who is on stage.

The amount of media picking this up paired with the lack of formal comment by any of the parties is really telling.

As is the lack of certain media outlets not mentioning it.

Formal comment by the band. I think there is no lack of media on this.

Smaller, it looks better imo.

im4fhy.jpg

Axl or the photo ? Lol
atleast we have a picture of axl without facial hair for the first time since 2002

I concur. The goatee looked good in 2006 and back in the day the full beard/scruff looked good, but that moustache from 2009 onwards looked awful. It didn't do his face any favours especially as he bloated. It drew more attention to his chin and neck area. I'm glad he finally ditched it. That's step one. Next is to wear some clothes that actually fit and pull out the 2010 vocals by some miracle of the divine spirit.

I won't

Yes. First gnr show I went to was 1988. Last was 2012. Didnt want to go in 2012 but the tickets were free, so I went.

For me, I was bored to death for years with the same songs over and over again. Now it will be more of the same but the setlist will be even more pared down. Just because Slash is playing them doesnt do anything different for me. They will still sound the same and i'd already be bored by the middle of It's So Easy. Plus, there is absolutely no indication that Axl could pull this off. I have no faith in him whatsoever. And again, I have no desire to hear or see these songs played live ever again, regardless of who is on stage.

Would you go if they toured a new album?

Smaller, it looks better imo.

im4fhy.jpg

Axl or the photo ? Lol
atleast we have a picture of axl without facial hair for the first time since 2002

I concur. The goatee looked good in 2006 and back in the day the full beard/scruff looked good, but that moustache from 2009 onwards looked awful. It didn't do his face any favours especially as he bloated. It drew more attention to his chin and neck area. I'm glad he finally ditched it. That's step one. Next is to wear some clothes that actually fit and pull out the 2010 vocals by some miracle of the divine spirit.

Inland he was clean shaven. Looked great too. Also, it's nice to see his fingers not covered in God awful rings.

Edited by cooker

I won't

I would argue that although they may sound kinda the same, there is no way that Slash playing these tunes sounds the same as the old one. Just seeing these guys on stage together for me is worth the ticket

I won't

Would you go if they toured a new album?[/quote

I would have to see what their setlists were like. If it was all afd, the usual suspects and 2 new songs, then absolutely not. And of course, check out vids and see what axl is sounding like. But honestly, i'd lean towards no in any situation....most likely

Fucking hell, I fucked up that quote!

Edited by Sixes

I'm giddy about the prospects of this whole thing, if only for the spectacle of it all. My buddies and I are 50/50 if they play Coachella, and probably like 95% for any Vegas shows, price be damned.

I will say that I kinda hate the idea of stadium shows though. The acoustics always suck, you're miles away, and they are always total clusterfucks of the highest order.

I was really hoping for a 1-night VIP only show at Whiskey A GoGo in LA (where I would have emptied my bank account to get in), and a tour consisting of a few club shows and a few arena shows across the major US cities. I think the die hards would have loved that way more than being in a stadium with 70,000 people, a decent number of which are gonna be there strictly for nostalgic purposes, or because they are stupid hipsters and retro is all the rage.

There is a 0% chance I won't be at every show at MetLife for the NYC shows, assuming that is the plan, and I won't complain about it, but man.....seeing them at Hammerstein and MSG would have been the fucking tits.

Edited by Saltzy

I probably wouldn't attend a concert either. Not a big fan of the band anymore. I'm just glad the guys are talking, whatever comes from it I'm fine with it. I hope they do some promo pics of the band, seeing the guys together will certainly make me happy. Still need confirmation, it's Axl we're talking about here. Anything can happen.

I'm giddy about the prospects of this whole thing, if only for the spectacle of it all. My buddies and I are 50/50 if they play Coachella, and probably like 95% for any Vegas shows, price be damned.

I will say that I kinda hate the idea of stadium shows though. The acoustics always suck, you're miles away, and they are always total clusterfucks of the highest order.

I was really hoping for a 1-night VIP only show at Whiskey A GoGo in LA (where I would have emptied my bank account to get in), and a tour consisting of a few club shows and a few arena shows across the major US cities. I think the die hards would have loved that way more than being in a stadium with 70,000 people, a decent number of which are gonna be there strictly for nostalgic purposes, or because they are stupid hipsters and retro is all the rage.

There is a 0% chance I won't be at every show at MetLife for the NYC shows, assuming that is the plan, and I won't complain about it, but man.....seeing them at Hammerstein and MSG would have been the fucking tits.

I am not entirely keen on stadiums either but these shows will overfill arenas so unsure how else they could do it

I am not entirely keen on stadiums either but these shows will overfill arenas so unsure how else they could do it

I mean, I am assuming the plan is 1 stadium show in NFL stadiums across the country. Figure that's like 65,000-75,000 per show.

Why not just have 3 arena shows instead?

Better venues, plus the ability for the die hards to see multiple shows.

I mean, I am assuming the plan is 1 stadium show in NFL stadiums across the country. Figure that's like 65,000-75,000 per show.

Why not just have 3 arena shows instead?

Better venues, plus the ability for the die hards to see multiple shows.

Logistics for one could be an issue and extending the tour even longer might be another, we simply don't know yet though

Edited by gunsguy