The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

And either which way, it's not about what Axl looks like. It's what he sounds like, that's what matters.

That is true.

And if he's totally out of shape he's going to sound like shit.

We don't know that yet. So isn't it best to reserve judgement?

i hate to see criticism of Axl's appearance. I mean, come on, this reunion stuff is the best news in years. Surely there's better stuff to discuss.

Just my $0.02

I agree. Just wondering if people started following GN'R because of the band members' looks, or because of the music they made? Because to me, it's the music that matters. And with Axl, it's his voice. If he sounds great, but people don't like his looks, they can always just close their eyes and listen. ;)

I don't know anyone in real life who was around for AFD/UYI that cares about what he looks like. Seemingly grown ass men on here analyze his looks/clothes like it's the Zapruder films. We (old school fans)care about the music. Maybe these guys want to date Axl but I don't think he rolls like that. In real life,they'd probably kiss his ass if they ever met him. Edited by Subtle Signs

I agree. Just wondering if people started following GN'R because of the band members' looks, or because of the music they made? Because to me, it's the music that matters. And with Axl, it's his voice. If he sounds great, but people don't like his looks, they can always just close their eyes and listen. ;)
I don't know anyone in real life who was around for AFD/UYI that cares about what he looks like. Seemingly grown ass men on here analyze his looks/clothes like it's the Zapruder films. We (old school fans)care about the music. Maybe these guys want to date Axl but I don't think he rolls like that. In real life,they'd probably kiss his ass if they ever met him.

Well... I agree that it might look like discussing weight of a man might be 'girly'... but men who are waiting and so excited with load in their pants for 5 guys to jump on stage are equally girly. None of us are biker gang members who care about booze drugs guns n money.

What i ask myself. If this thing has been in the works for two years, why have they still be touring with that lineup? Mustve been very shitty for the members to know, that they'll be replaced soon anyways

Basically after the tour, they are free whatever they want to do, but IF they get that call from TB/AXL then they would have to be there. I guess one of the main reasons why Ashba left officially so he would not be called later on to do the same shit tour.

Looks like he made plastic surgery, but hey, better than expected. Don't care about the weight, just bring in a good voice.

I'd say he opposite. He looks older, and better for it. He looked worse in 2001 when he was clearly clinging onto a youthful appearance

I don't know anyone in real life who was around for AFD/UYI that cares about what he looks like. Seemingly grown ass men on here analyze his looks/clothes like it's the Zapruder films. We (old school fans)care about the music. Maybe these guys want to date Axl but I don't think he rolls like that. In real life,they'd probably kiss his ass if they ever met him.

Well... I agree that it might look like discussing weight of a man might be 'girly'... but men who are waiting and so excited with load in their pants for 5 guys to jump on stage are equally girly. None of us are biker gang members who care about booze drugs guns n money.

The reunion to me is about the performance/set list and potential new songs. If you want to as a grown man discuss another grown man's appearance and clothing,have at it,Broham. I'm just saying,I personally know no males over 35 who give a fuck about what any of them look like.I know image played a part in their success back in the day,I was around for it and didn't have to see it on YouTube clips. But nowadays,people can't wait to tear down their heroes for any reason. If Slash goes bald,will it affect his playing? Probably not but it'd be a 100 page thread here. Maybe some young ones on here should check back in 30 years and show us what they look like in their mid 50's.
well said!
  • Like 1

The reunion to me is about the performance/set list and potential new songs. If you want to as a grown man discuss another grown man's appearance and clothing,have at it,Broham. I'm just saying,I personally know no males over 35 who give a fuck about what any of them look like.I know image played a part in their success back in the day,I was around for it and didn't have to see it on YouTube clips. But nowadays,people can't wait to tear down their heroes for any reason. If Slash goes bald,will it affect his playing? Probably not but it'd be a 100 page thread here. Maybe some young ones on here should check back in 30 years and show us what they look like in their mid 50's.

You didnt address grown ass men excited over a rumor that some male musicians are gonna be at one stage and play ... like 7 year old nerds waiting for batman superman movie.

Rightly or wrongly, appearance and performance are linked. Recent years back that up.

People generally don't comment on Axl's weight because they get a hard on for his old image. It's because his track record of being overweight = a weak voice, no cardio and running backstage every opportunity he can get. Steven Tyler doesn't do it, Bono doesn't do it, Bon Jovi doesn't do it.

So if people was to see him trimmed down, it makes them think maybe, just maybe, Axl will fire on all cylinders.

• Like 2

Rightly or wrongly, appearance and performance are linked. Recent years back that up.

People generally don't comment on Axl's weight because they get a hard on for his old image. It's because his track record of being overweight = a weak voice, no cardio and running backstage every opportunity he can get. Steven Tyler doesn't do it, Bono doesn't do it, Bon Jovi doesn't do it.

So if people was to see him trimmed down, it makes them think maybe, just maybe, Axl will fire on all cylinders.

This 100%
  • Like 1

You didnt address grown ass men excited over a rumor that some male musicians are gonna be at one stage and play ... like 7 year old nerds waiting for batman superman movie.

Excitement over films,concerts etc. is a different story. That is understandable since many have waited 20 years for Axl and Slash to take the stage together again. If discussing Axl's weight and clothes is your things,by all means ,have at it.

I got the feeling that once the GNR tour is done, Axl will release CD2 as a solo artist. It would be a dream come true.

Then yeah, a new record by the old band.

Dont feel anything yet. Nothing has been confirmed.

Too much to deny at this point. To me was pretty much confirmed when the biggest promoter here in Argentina said that their going to tour some months ago.

No announcement yet, but at this point.. common.. billboard man.