The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I have long said it makes no sense why Chinese Democracy material would be played if VR and every other old member's solo material is not given a chance. Either none of it gets played, or you have to have a compromise on both. Cause to many people, VR is more GNR than Chinese is. And of course I don't think Slash is just gonna say "oh yeah, your album has the GNR name on it. We'll do those in a heartbeat." No, either Axl agrees to play VR material or you get that Chinese Democracy shit out of there. VR and Slash's solo material is just as much GNR, if not more, than Chinese, and I don't think Chinese should pollute the setlist just because of a technicality.

Those are all fair points, but Axl has a lot of leverage. I don't like it but he owns the name and whatever arrangement they are coming up with is not going to strip him of that power. He would never agree to that. The others have said they want to do a reunion for the fans (they don't need the money). If the only way he'll do a reunion is with CD stuff, then that is how it will go. Didn't Duff play on some of the CD songs during his recent shows with Axl during the last few years?

Totally different. Duff guested in Axl's band. This is a reformation of the old band. Wherein nothing new should absolutely be a requirement to be played (not new songs, but NuGNR). If Duff is joining Axl's band, yeah I get why he plays CD. If this is a new thing, then it shouldn't be that simple. And I'm not knocking Chinese. I would actually love to hear Slash tackle TWAT and This I Love and a handful of other songs. I'd love to see this band play Prostitute and IRS and Catcher. But obviously, I'd want to hear the other side of that. I'd want to hear Axl's take on Slither, Sucker Train Blues, Fall To Pieces, The Last Fight, Anastasia, Beneath The Savage Sun. In my fantasy setlist, I WANT Adler's Alive song to be played. I'd love to see them tackle all of that, but it can't just be Chinese or nothing. Thats just plain not fair and I can't imagine why they'd agree to it. They don't need to overtake Axl, but Axl has to meet them in the middle. Chinese is not part of the GNR legacy to many, and if its fair game then may other things have to be too.

• Like 1

I have long said it makes no sense why Chinese Democracy material would be played if VR and every other old member's solo material is not given a chance. Either none of it gets played, or you have to have a compromise on both. Cause to many people, VR is more GNR than Chinese is. And of course I don't think Slash is just gonna say "oh yeah, your album has the GNR name on it. We'll do those in a heartbeat." No, either Axl agrees to play VR material or you get that Chinese Democracy shit out of there. VR and Slash's solo material is just as much GNR, if not more, than Chinese, and I don't think Chinese should pollute the setlist just because of a technicality.

Those are all fair points, but Axl has a lot of leverage. I don't like it but he owns the name and whatever arrangement they are coming up with is not going to strip him of that power. He would never agree to that. The others have said they want to do a reunion for the fans (they don't need the money). If the only way he'll do a reunion is with CD stuff, then that is how it will go. Didn't Duff play on some of the CD songs during his recent shows with Axl during the last few years?

Totally different. Duff guested in Axl's band. This is a reformation of the old band. Wherein nothing new should absolutely be a requirement to be played (not new songs, but NuGNR). If Duff is joining Axl's band, yeah I get why he plays CD. If this is a new thing, then it shouldn't be that simple. And I'm not knocking Chinese. I would actually love to hear Slash tackle TWAT and This I Love and a handful of other songs. I'd love to see this band play Prostitute and IRS and Catcher. But obviously, I'd want to hear the other side of that. I'd want to hear Axl's take on Slither, Sucker Train Blues, Fall To Pieces, The Last Fight, Anastasia, Beneath The Savage Sun. In my fantasy setlist, I WANT Adler's Alive song to be played. I'd love to see them tackle all of that, but it can't just be Chinese or nothing. Thats just plain not fair and I can't imagine why they'd agree to it. They don't need to overtake Axl, but Axl has to meet them in the middle. Chinese is not part of the GNR legacy to many, and if its fair game then may other things have to be too.

THIS.

I wanted to say something similar, but you put it in a better way than me.

• Like 1

Do you think his neighbors come out and cheer him on?

"Give em hell Axl!"

I'm honestly shocked since we kind of learned that Slash and Axl might be talking since August there haven't been raving stalkers that have seen Axl or actually done those cheers. I'm truly shocked it took THIS long for a picture to surface, and it was just so "random". Either people don't care as much as we think or Axl's has the greatest security in the world. I also question this picture just being random. All of a sudden there are all these clues, all of a sudden he's gonna be on Kimmel, and NOW after a year and a fucking half we get a picture of him? I have to imagine this picture is a leak or a hint from someone higher up. That really can't just have been so random and such perfect timing. The only thing making me think it is just that random is cause he doesn't look great, and you'd think if it was planned they would have, you know, touched it up a bit.

These last 5 months have been so fucking fishy.

• Like 1

I was just questioning the certainty he was working out at that moment and he didn't just toss on a sweatshirt because it was chilly out and he wanted to check the mail or something. Glad to know it is speculation. I will go with it.

If they are planning on a tour then it would be inconceivable for him to not be working out to some extent- not to make body conscious fans/critics happy but because touring is strenuous. I wouldn't think anyone would like to torture themselves by suddenly jumping that kind of level of activity after doing nothing at all for over a year when they are no longer young. And he would know better than anyone what it would take for himself to be in shape enough to handle the load.

Edited by sanity_lost

after seeing that pic of Axl yesterday, I honestly doubt Al can pull this through.

He never looked worse.

Where did he practice for the reunion tour, kitchen?

He definitely has looked worse.

For fuck's sake, have some of you ever gone for a run? You look like SHIT during and after. And he's got a little pudge left but nowhere near the fattest we've seen him. On top of it, the man is in his mid-50's. Not everyone can age like Lenny Kravitz.

And with that, I'm done commenting on Axl's appearance (at least until next week, lol).

to answer your question - yes.

as a matter of fact I train different sports and cardiom practices almost every day in the last 20 years.

you can defend his looks all the way from Europe to Mexico, but the guy looks worse, fatter, sicker hen ever in the past 10 years.

he looks like he ate Gilby, Duff and Matt at a rehersal at once.

and no...it doesn't take a genious to see that.

If that pic is genuine, this is going to be another disaster… another botched comeback.

Geeezzzz Louise! Oh Lawd!

The guy has the cash to eat the healthiest foods, have the best personal trainers and the time to get in shape.

Otherwise he's just a lazy son of a gun and a gun of a son.

No excuses

is it inconceivable that perhaps this is the beginning of his training to get back in shape?

he is on a jog in that picture. he has three months to get in shape. let's give him a little bit of slack.

He COULD be healthier than most 30 year olds. I'm just longing for the best possible outcome after all these years…

Right? Like, unless there's some underlying health issues.... but honestly he should be open about it.... doesn't need to be specific. Fans would be super supportive!

Otherwise, get the fuck in shape! The world is yours for the taking... go out on high... David Lee Roth at Axl's age was shredded haha.... Iggy Pop... Anthony Keidis.... It's not like picking on a fat kid on a schoolyard.... Axl set the bar and I hope he reaches for it... just the energy from that struggle would power the music.

Kale Salads and HIIT for a year and live in pride and reverence for the rest of your damn life!

Edited by Ant

It will be interesting how long these shows are. I'm imagining a huge spectacle of 2 and half hour sets. I think they will have some special guest join them everywhere.

Maybe Axl went to the Rolling Stone show with Ashba to gain ideas and get a feel for what works and what doesn't when it comes to shows like these.

The ideas being thrown around between Axl Slash and Duff have to be amazing. I can imagine them wanting this to be a very authentic show. They are all creative in their own ways so I'm imagine this reunion has excited them.

It will be interesting how long these shows are. I'm imagining a huge spectacle of 2 and half hour sets. I think they will have some special guest join them everywhere.

It has to be a 2.5 to 3 hour show. Those are what Axl regularly did (with his breaks) and Slash regularly plays 2 hours and longer with his solo band. I believe he could easily go for more. With the solo spots obviously staying, as I think they should, and all the different band introductions and rants I would guess are part of the show, I can't imagine how its less than 2 and a half minimum. Anything shorter I'd honestly say might be too much to handle. A longer show means he can pace himself more and fans get more GNR.

after seeing that pic of Axl yesterday, I honestly doubt Al can pull this through.

He never looked worse.

Where did he practice for the reunion tour, kitchen?

He definitely has looked worse.

For fuck's sake, have some of you ever gone for a run? You look like SHIT during and after. And he's got a little pudge left but nowhere near the fattest we've seen him. On top of it, the man is in his mid-50's. Not everyone can age like Lenny Kravitz.

And with that, I'm done commenting on Axl's appearance (at least until next week, lol).

to answer your question - yes.

as a matter of fact I train different sports and cardiom practices almost every day in the last 20 years.

you can defend his looks all the way from Europe to Mexico, but the guy looks worse, fatter, sicker hen ever in the past 10 years.

he looks like he ate Gilby, Duff and Matt at a rehersal at once.

and no...it doesn't take a genious to see that.

If that pic is genuine, this is going to be another disaster… another botched comeback.

Geeezzzz Louise! Oh Lawd!

The guy has the cash to eat the healthiest foods, have the best personal trainers and the time to get in shape.

Otherwise he's just a lazy son of a gun and a gun of a son.

No excuses

is it inconceivable that perhaps this is the beginning of his training to get back in shape?

he is on a jog in that picture. he has three months to get in shape. let's give him a little bit of slack.

Wasn't that picture posted a year ago?

It has to be a 2.5 to 3 hour show. Those are what Axl regularly did (with his breaks) and Slash regularly plays 2 hours and longer with his solo band. I believe he could easily go for more. With the solo spots obviously staying, as I think they should, and all the different band introductions and rants I would guess are part of the show, I can't imagine how its less than 2 and a half minimum. Anything shorter I'd honestly say might be too much to handle. A longer show means he can pace himself more and fans get more GNR.

I agree, 3 hours is a good bet. Gives Axl lots of time and showcases some of the guys whoever they may be

"Give em hell Axl!"

I'm honestly shocked since we kind of learned that Slash and Axl might be talking since August there haven't been raving stalkers that have seen Axl or actually done those cheers. I'm truly shocked it took THIS long for a picture to surface, and it was just so "random". Either people don't care as much as we think or Axl's has the greatest security in the world. I also question this picture just being random. All of a sudden there are all these clues, all of a sudden he's gonna be on Kimmel, and NOW after a year and a fucking half we get a picture of him? I have to imagine this picture is a leak or a hint from someone higher up. That really can't just have been so random and such perfect timing. The only thing making me think it is just that random is cause he doesn't look great, and you'd think if it was planned they would have, you know, touched it up a bit.

I doubt that girl just happened to bump into Axl. I don't know how private his community is but she could very well have been hanging around hoping to see him out and about. I guess what's considered stalking to some is extreme fandom to another.

Also,I'd be willing to bet Axl and Slash have been friends again for more than 5 months (or however long ago the Slash video interview from Sweden was) A stadium tour of this magnitude would take minimally a year to put together, IMO. I am no gnr-insiderthese are just my thoughts.

Edited by Subtle Signs

I don't think Myles Kennedy should be allowed anywhere near this reunion. I know many of you like him, but to me (and others) he is just as unforgivable as Ashba was. The only way I would be ok with Myles doing any sort of guest anything is if Finck, Bucket, BBF, or Tommy do some sort of guest spot. Not all of them, but one or two. Other wise I don't think ANY of those guys should be allowed anywhere near this reunion.

As for songs, I'm ok with CD stuff being played as long as VR stuff makes it in as well.

"Give em hell Axl!"

I doubt that girl just happened to bump into Axl. I don't know how private his community is but she could very well have been hanging around hoping to see him out and about. I guess what's considered stalking to some is extreme fandom to another.

Also,I'd he willing to bet Axl and Slash have been friends again for more than5 months. A tour of this magnitude would take minimally a year to put together, IMO. I am no gnr-insiderthese are just my thoughts.

Well that Slash's daughter also has a pic with Viki hamilton. Maybe she is some hardcore fan or maybe she works in the music industry, maybe she is new in LA and trying to make her mark in the music industry. As far as I know, she is not a member of the BNU.

I always wonder if slash and Richard fortus like each other. A few years ago I took part in a dead daisies Facebook QandA session and someone asked Richard how he felt about playing yet another song penned by slash ( lock and load) and Richard said " I wasn't my choice. Believe me!". Seemed kinda frosty. I've never found any interview where either one of them have talked about each other in good or bad terms. But then again, maybe they just don't care one way or another

I always wonder if slash and Richard fortus like each other. A few years ago I took part in a dead daisies Facebook QandA session and someone asked Richard how he felt about playing yet another song penned by slash ( lock and load) and Richard said " I wasn't my choice. Believe me!". Seemed kinda frosty. I've never found any interview where either one of them have talked about each other in good or bad terms. But then again, maybe they just don't care one way or another

Slash wanted to play with Fortus, both of them have respect for each other, but Fortus said he would never share the stage with Slash cause of Axl.

Well now lets see what Fortus has to say.....

It doesn't matter, Duff likes Fortus and to be honest they don't have to spend a time of time together. I think Axl Slash and Duff will be closer than people think. Everyone else is just an added wheel.

I don't think Myles Kennedy should be allowed anywhere near this reunion. I know many of you like him, but to me (and others) he is just as unforgivable as Ashba was. The only way I would be ok with Myles doing any sort of guest anything is if Finck, Bucket, BBF, or Tommy do some sort of guest spot. Not all of them, but one or two. Other wise I don't think ANY of those guys should be allowed anywhere near this reunion.

As for songs, I'm ok with CD stuff being played as long as VR stuff makes it in as well.

Who ever said Myles will be anywhere near this thing? That would make no sense. In fact, I think he'll gladly run as far away from it as possible. He doesn't like being the guy associated with GNR or singing that material, and I agree with him. But he won't be anywhere near here, and personally I don't think Frank should be either but thats another discussion entirely.

On the second point we agree. CD only if VR as well. Or else, fuck em both. They have enough classic era material to fill a full show.

Anybody else getting messages/calls from friends who haven't been into GNR in 20-25 years? They think I have more information when in reality, I have what everyone else has-the Internet.

Everybody over the last few days have been telling me, like I wouldn't be aware of what's "going down". Funny how quickly GN'R become chic.

Lol,hasn't it always been that way with this band? I know of few other groups who can get casual fans this excited this quickly.

I agree it's unfair. I just won't be surprised if it plays out that way. Axl has more leverage than the others due to his ownership of the name. None of them need the money, not even Adler. Hopefully it will be just 87-91 material and if we're lucky they will sprinkle in a new song or two that they've recently come up with together.

I'm curious.. Do you think Axl would sing any of the songs Slash has done with MK? To be fair some of them are brilliant. Imo anyway.

And if so, what song would you like to hear?

Omg. Starlight. That song would be fucking incredible with rasp on the verses and that amazing Axl shriek up into the chorus. Holy shitballs.

It's duff axl slash izzy and sorum

With the addition of Dizzy. I spoke with someone a while ago who knows Axl really well and she confirmed this. She also said Adler is aware and as far as she knows he will feature in some capacity. She also said Axl wont be on Kimmel alone.

(cue all hate calling me a liar)

P.s Just saying what I was told from someone I consider 100% genuine, please don't send abuse. I'm not going to be a dick like the other guy and post screenshots of my messages

• Like 2

CD only if VR as well. Or else, fuck em both. They have enough classic era material to fill a full show.

Fuck 'em both for sure. Personally I want to see way more deep cuts from UYI. Songs like Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up, Dust N' Bones, and Coma haven't been played enough. Of course this hinges on Axl's voice too. If he's going to show up with the Mickey Mouse bullshit, then might as well just stick to rewatching the UYI Tour performances on YouTube.