The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

after seeing that pic of Axl yesterday, I honestly doubt Al can pull this through.

He never looked worse.

Where did he practice for the reunion tour, kitchen?

HAHAHAHA thats great. But seriously, he knows what a reunion means, as does the rest. Yesterday was not comforting, but I can't help but think he must be ready. He can't NOT be. In fact, he kind of HAS to be for Kimmel next week. He has to at least look presentable and good, as that is an important image. With how they're running it, I have to have faith he will pull through this, despite what history sometimes suggests. Its never been this important.

Important? The guy has a net worth over $100m. He could botch this reunion thing completely and it will not affect his quality of life. He is already a huge punch line anyway. A failed reunion wouldn't change that. What also will never change is the recorded material from 25-30 years ago. People can't take that away from him no matter how much of a joke he is now.

In 2002 the VMAs were a big moment for axl and look how that went. The was GnR and his comeback and he went on live TV watched by millions of people wearing an oversized sports jersey and cornrows and butchering wttj and PC. At that point in axls life that was his biggest moment and he killed it. That 15 minute performance killed nugnr. This is just as big a moment to him now as that was then... What makes anyone think it'll be different?

• Like 1

It's duff axl slash izzy and sorum

With the addition of Dizzy. I spoke with someone a while ago who knows Axl really well and she confirmed this. She also said Adler is aware and as far as she knows he will feature in some capacity. She also said Axl wont be on Kimmel alone.

(cue all hate calling me a liar)

P.s Just saying what I was told from someone I consider 100% genuine, please don't send abuse. I'm not going to be a dick like the other guy and post screenshots of my messages

Is this supposed to be the lineup for the full stadium tour or just Coachella as was mentioned by a poster on the Metal Sludge boards. If this is true maybe Fortus stays on as the third guitarist and Frank as the drum tech for Sorum/Adler? Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

after seeing that pic of Axl yesterday, I honestly doubt Al can pull this through.

He never looked worse.

Where did he practice for the reunion tour, kitchen?

HAHAHAHA thats great. But seriously, he knows what a reunion means, as does the rest. Yesterday was not comforting, but I can't help but think he must be ready. He can't NOT be. In fact, he kind of HAS to be for Kimmel next week. He has to at least look presentable and good, as that is an important image. With how they're running it, I have to have faith he will pull through this, despite what history sometimes suggests. Its never been this important.

Important? The guy has a net worth over $100m. He could botch this reunion thing completely and it will not affect his quality of life. He is already a huge punch line anyway. A failed reunion wouldn't change that. What also will never change is the recorded material from 25-30 years ago. People can't take that away from him no matter how much of a joke he is now.

In 2002 the VMAs were a big moment for axl and look how that went. The was GnR and his comeback and he went on live TV watched by millions of people wearing an oversized sports jersey and cornrows and butchering wttj and PC. At that point in axls life that was his biggest moment and he killed it. That 15 minute performance killed nugnr. This is just as big a moment to him now as that was then... What makes anyone think it'll be different?

Biggest moment of Axl's career was the formation of the Appetite lineup after a ton of band-hopping and lineup changes among various Appetite members and a bunch of scrubs that weren't a good fit. I said it before and I'll say it again. Shit like the VMA's was hilariously bad and embarrassing for him. He is a big punchline today, but the cynics can't take away the material he helped create in the mid 80's to early 90's.

With the addition of Dizzy. I spoke with someone a while ago who knows Axl really well and she confirmed this. She also said Adler is aware and as far as she knows he will feature in some capacity. She also said Axl wont be on Kimmel alone.

P.s Just saying what I was told from someone I consider 100% genuine, please don't send abuse. I'm not going to be a dick like the other guy and post screenshots of my messages

Is this supposed to be the lineup for the full stadium tour or just Coachella as was mentioned by a poster on the Metal Sludge boards. If this is true maybe Fortus stays on as the third guitarist and Frank as the drum tech for Sorum/Adler?
I'm honestly not sure. She did give me the impression though that Frank & Fortus are still around but may be quieter until later in the year. I have asked her a few more questions on them but haven't got a reply in 2 hours, and my messages where read.

EDIT: I don't want to piss her off by asking to many questions

Edited by JamesGNRNow

Well that Slash's daughter also has a pic with Viki hamilton. Maybe she is some hardcore fan or maybe she works in the music industry, maybe she is new in LA and trying to make her mark in the music industry. As far as I know, she is not a member of the BNU.

She's a singer. She has a recently created youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCujYFJ2Xmlf2Fh7HDDwGcIQ

Edited by Babooshka

Well that Slash's daughter also has a pic with Viki hamilton. Maybe she is some hardcore fan or maybe she works in the music industry, maybe she is new in LA and trying to make her mark in the music industry. As far as I know, she is not a member of the BNU.

She's a singer. She has a recently created youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCujYFJ2Xmlf2Fh7HDDwGcIQ

Wow man, really nice find. Best of luck to Slash's Daughter. BOOYAKASHA.

Is this supposed to be the lineup for the full stadium tour or just Coachella as was mentioned by a poster on the Metal Sludge boards. If this is true maybe Fortus stays on as the third guitarist and Frank as the drum tech for Sorum/Adler?
I'm honestly not sure. She did give me the impression though that Frank & Fortus are still around but may be quieter until later in the year. I have asked her a few more questions on them but haven't got a reply in 2 hours, and my messages where read.
Fair enough. I'm sure you'll get tons of shit from posters on here and I think you'll understand why. But if any of what you are saying turns out to be true,then you get the admiration of GNR-nerds all over the world. Probably not any blow jobs though,there are not many women on here. Keep digging around and posting! Edited by Subtle Signs

I hope you're right. I'll take your word on it, what the hell. Do you know any specifics or will they be performing or just being interviewed?

''Re-banded''? Is that what we should be using in place of ''hybrid''? I suppose it works as a term better as you can use it as both a noun ('re-band), verb (''to re-band'') or adjective (''re-banded''), and we were rather clamouring around a bit for a suitable word to describe a line-up featuring Axl, Slash, Duff and two Johnny Schmucks. 'Hybrid' did not seem to me to be entirely satisfactory.

''Re-banded''? Is that what we should be using in place of ''hybrid''? I suppose it works as a term better as you can use it as both a noun ('re-band), verb (''to re-band'') or adjective (''re-banded''), and we were rather clamouring around a bit for a suitable word to describe a line-up featuring Axl, Slash, Duff and two Johnny Schmucks. 'Hybrid' did not seem to me to be entirely satisfactory.

LMFAO at "two Johnny schmucks" I've read people say (mostly younger folks) that people don't care about Steven/Sorum or Izzy but if that's the case,the interest level in Frank and Fortus(as capable as they may be)would be in the negative range.

I hope you're right. I'll take your word on it, what the hell. Do you know any specifics or will they be performing or just being interviewed?
I am a massive fan just like everyone else here. Only posting this as I know I'd like to hear it if someone else had any info. To be clear again, I am not saying I am any sort of insider or have any connections in the music biz because I don't. I happen to have one aquatintence who sort of does.

I have a GNR related site myself and will be mentioning it there too.

Don't know if they will be performing or who will be there. Her exact words where: "Axl won't be appearing on his own"

Let's just all look forward to Tuesday!

• Like 1

I really doubt there is any scenario where Izzy is fully involved. It is more likely that they go with 3 guitarists and they are Slash, Fortus, and Dave Kushner than Izzy being full on involved.

I kind of like the idea of Kushner getting in there. Why not? Axl and Slash both get to bring one of their guys. I know VR has been looking for a singer.

Edited by TeeJay410
  • Like 1

I really doubt there is any scenario where Izzy is fully involved. It is more likely that they go with 3 guitarists and they are Slash, Fortus, and Dave Kushner than Izzy being full on involved.

I kind of like the idea of Kushner getting in there. Why not? Axl and Slash both get to bring one of their guys. I know VR has been looking for a singer.

Kushner would be an awesome edition. I was starting to think during the week that he may be involved. He was tweeting about attending "All" of the shows.

Axl has known for a while that a high profile reunion was likely....and yet he looks very bloated and out of shape. A bad sign and will be awful PR if he looks that bad on Kimmel.

To be honest, when he isn't wearing sweat pants and a bagy sweater I think he will look ok. Once make up ect is applied for TV

Axl has known for a while that a high profile reunion was likely....and yet he looks very bloated and out of shape. A bad sign and will be awful PR if he looks that bad on Kimmel.

To be honest, when he isn't wearing sweat pants and a bagy sweater I think he will look ok. Once make up ect is applied for TV

Not sure about that....and regardless, he needs to be in TOP shape for this tour. Is 4 months enough, assuming he's highly motivated, to even achieve a necessary level of physical and cardiovascular shape?

• Like 1