The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I think it's quite clear how this will go down.

Axl will look and sound the same as he has done on his last few tours. He doesnt owe anyone weight loss or improved vocals, regardless of peoples sense of entitlement on here

On Kimmel he won't call it a reunion or pander to any media label, he'll announce he's bringing Duff and Slash back into the band (he legally owns Guns n Roses so its his choice what players he hires)

Frank and Fortus will stay on, and personally I think both should count themselves very lucky. Axl is clearly irrationally loyal to them, bringing back Gilby/Izzy Matt/Adler would have been very easy choices to make

They'll do a handfull of major festivals in the Summer to test the waters and build momentum to go onsale witth a US tour at the end of this year and world tour in 2017

It will be a momentous occasion but very much played down by the band and by Axl.

The set lists will play out like a greatest hits tour with very few curve balls along the way

Everyone here will want whatever happens to be different, it will underwhelm a lot and please a few.

If we keep an open mind and appreciate it for what it is (a long desired and very cool thing), and not get bogged down with weight, looks or vocal ability, it will be a great time to be a Guns n Roses fan.

Unfortunately you're right. I'd rather see new material than Axl butchering AFD.

Axl will look and sound the same as he has done on his last few tours. He doesnt owe anyone weight loss or improved vocals, regardless of peoples sense of entitlement on here

On Kimmel he won't call it a reunion or pander to any media label, he'll announce he's bringing Duff and Slash back into the band (he legally owns Guns n Roses so its his choice what players he hires)

Frank and Fortus will stay on, and personally I think both should count themselves very lucky. Axl is clearly irrationally loyal to them, bringing back Gilby/Izzy Matt/Adler would have been very easy choices to make

They'll do a handfull of major festivals in the Summer to test the waters and build momentum to go onsale witth a US tour at the end of this year and world tour in 2017

It will be a momentous occasion but very much played down by the band and by Axl.

The set lists will play out like a greatest hits tour with very few curve balls along the way

Everyone here will want whatever happens to be different, it will underwhelm a lot and please a few.

If we keep an open mind and appreciate it for what it is (a long desired and very cool thing), and not get bogged down with weight, looks or vocal ability, it will be a great time to be a Guns n Roses fan.

Great post and spot on.

This is probably the most exciting time to be a GNR fan. The chance to see the core of the band on stage together again.

for god's fucking sake just please kick frank out

hell he can even get ulrich to play and it's still better than frank

4tus can stay tho, 4tus cool as fuk

but izzy should be there too

Agreed. I am sure Frank is a talented drummer but I had listening to what he does to Guns N' Roses music.. He changes the whole vibe of the songs.. Anyone but him..

Fortus is ok if we can't get Izzy or Gilby...

• Like 1

If Axl has a problem with Matt (and he definitely had back in the days), I'd rather have whoever else. The last thing I'd want is for it to fall apart because of this or that unoriginal drummer...

Neve, Axl and Matt did meet each other in 2007 and hung around, so they are cool with each other.

Yeah they were both at a club and they talked and Axl even gave him a ride back to Sorum's place or something

When you are an entertainer it is your job to deliver.. Axl will be making a shitload of of money.. It isn't a sense of entitlement.. Axl should do whatever it takes to give he best performance of his ability.. If that means getting into shape than so be it... It goes the same for 99% of musicians, athletes and movie stars out there.

I think as Guns N' Roses fans we also want to see them come out and kick ass... Seeing Axl overweight, out of breath and sounding awful doesn't kick ass.. He can do it.. He did it when he first came back and he did it in 96.... Whether he does it or not is a different story..

• Like 3

If Axl has a problem with Matt (and he definitely had back in the days), I'd rather have whoever else. The last thing I'd want is for it to fall apart because of this or that unoriginal drummer...

Neve, Axl and Matt did meet each other in 2007 and hung around, so they are cool with each other.

Yeah they were both at a club and they talked and Axl even gave him a ride back to Sorum's place or something

Yesterday I drank with a guy and wished him a Happy New Year and it was cool and nice and I could even probably give him a lift home and yet were I made to work with him for one day I would surely throw everything I had in my hands right into his face before the end of the working day. It is two completely different things.

Anyway, I don't care about Matt and never did for a second so whoever is there, I'm fine with it. Matt never did the GNR sound any good anyway.

Either he is fucking with us, or this means no reunion

Taco Bell? seriously?

I would say this dude doesn't deserve our money

At this point, you should know Axl's weird sense of humor. He's fucking with us. There's no way he's going on Kimmel to shut down a reunion. He's gonna confirm the reunion and hopefully give more information regarding the lineup etc.

• Like 1

The last pic we saw of Axl is part of the show. Thats an old pic and it surfaced because Axl wanted that. We'll be surprised with axl looking on Kimmel.

Well lets all hope so. We all want the band to pull this off. No one wants a reunited GNR to turn into a punchline, that's why many of us are hoping Axl will step up his game.

Look at Steven Tyler, Springsteen, Jagger etc. All men 50+ who are in shape for their age, and who give great performances. None of them are heaving around a stage, bloated, dead-eyed and forgetting their words. Which is what the nuGNR era has given us. He is a performer. And he's out there right now demanding hundreds of millions because he can sell this band as a reunion. The least he can do is look as if he cares, else the only person entitled here is him.

Edited by Babooshka
  • Like 3

He owns the name, not the old band. The old band is an equally partnership between Axl, Slash and Duff. I can hardly imagine Slash or Duff will be Axl's employees and since the homepage changed the bands logo into the old one you can be sure the old partnership will lead this whole project. Whatever it will bring to the light of day.

Because this is all about money. investors puts conditions to make this rentable. they dont want a bad show and axl knows that old gNR kicked ass,so, if axl reunites duff and slash is to do the bestia show he can and the best the trademark deserves.dont mind on my english. i dont mind on your spanish ;)

The last pic we saw of Axl is part of the show. Thats an old pic and it surfaced because Axl wanted that. We'll be surprised with axl looking on Kimmel.

Well lets all hope so. We all want the band to pull this off. No one wants a reunited GNR to turn into a punchline, that's why many of us are hoping Axl will step up his game.

Look at Steven Tyler, Springsteen, Jagger etc. All men 50+ who are in shape for their age, and who give great performances. None of them are heaving around a stage, bloated, dead-eyed and forgetting their words. Which is what the nuGNR era has given us. He is a performer. And he's out there right now demanding hundreds of millions because he can sell this band as a reunion. The least he can do is look as if he cares, else the only person entitled here is him.

Oh, for the love of Pete...

Jagger is almost anorexia thin... he has the figure of a 12 year old girl. Same goes for Tyler. That's more unhealthy I would think. You guys don't even know what fat is. As long as he has the voice then everything should be alright.

• Like 1

I would consider this the worst case scenario; I don't care if he looks like a bloated mountain of vaseline on stage, as long as he can sing like Axl fucking Rose and not some weird old lady, I will be happy. He should be fucking ashamed of everything post 2010 and if he can't get back to that the 2006/10 standard then he be better off staying at home with his dog and rabbit sausages.

• Like 1

Throwing my 2 cents around here;

Reunion rumors have been going for months now, but everything went crazy after the Billboard article. The thing that makes it most believable for me is that fact that no-one (Adler included!) is saying anything about it. I don't think Axl would go on a show to dismiss it. He could do the letter / press release thing he did for the Hall of Fame and spare himself any question on the matter.

Regarding line-up I personally think it would be Axl-Slash-Duff-Fortus-Matt-Dizzy (+ Izzy and Adler on ocassion ). The Kushner rumor is strange because he was never a member and it would make it harder to market as a reunion. Gilby also seems out of loop. Dizzy has 25+ years so he's a safe bet. For casual fans, though, Axl+Slash is all that's expected. Also, having a Coachella line-up and a different tour line-up? Does any serious band do this? They would obviously do photos for media and marketing so coming with 2 line-ups would be weird.

As for Axl's fitness level, I think he'll be great. Yes, he had some really low performances (RiR 2011, bridge school), but I've seen them twice in the last 5 years and he was great on both ocassions. The second time, in 2012, they went above 3 hours and he was holding it up, though maybe it's just me being over enthusiastic at GnR shows.

All in all, I hope things are really good between Axl and Slash and this isn't just a cash grab. I'd really like for them to enjoy the time on stage. Even if all this hype builds up to nothing, knowing they moved on and there's no longer any have would be awesome.

May you all have a great 2016 and fingers crossed for some central/eastern EU dates in 2016/2017.

• Like 1

He doesnt owe anyone weight loss or improved vocals, regardless of peoples sense of entitlement on here.

I agree about the weight, but his voice, seriously? Isn't it a professional singer's responsability to deliver a good vocal performance to a paying audience?

• Like 2