The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

The last pic we saw of Axl is part of the show. Thats an old pic and it surfaced because Axl wanted that. We'll be surprised with axl looking on Kimmel.

Well lets all hope so. We all want the band to pull this off. No one wants a reunited GNR to turn into a punchline, that's why many of us are hoping Axl will step up his game.

Look at Steven Tyler, Springsteen, Jagger etc. All men 50+ who are in shape for their age, and who give great performances. None of them are heaving around a stage, bloated, dead-eyed and forgetting their words. Which is what the nuGNR era has given us. He is a performer. And he's out there right now demanding hundreds of millions because he can sell this band as a reunion. The least he can do is look as if he cares, else the only person entitled here is him.

Oh, for the love of Pete...

Jagger is almost anorexia thin... he has the figure of a 12 year old girl. Same goes for Tyler. That's more unhealthy I would think. You guys don't even know what fat is. As long as he has the voice then everything should be alright.

You need to try and understand that not everyone is as fanatical about Axl as you and others. What is alright for you, isn't for many people.

And you conveniently missed out Springsteen. If the thinner stars are so objectionable to you, there's a whole host who aren't. The size of the artist wasn't the point of my post. If Axl had delivered while being bigger, this wouldn't be an issue.

Axl will look and sound the same as he has done on his last few tours. He doesnt owe anyone weight loss or improved vocals, regardless of peoples sense of entitlement on here

i disagree here...he should make an effort to be in the best shape possible both physically and vocally unless they are doing shows free of charge which they wont be...so that means he does owe us a good show and overweight mickey mouse isn't a good show.....i trust that he will bring his A game

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 2

Would a qualified experienced manager allow their client to get so out of shape and unmarketable? I don't think so. This is on TB. Fingers crossed that this picture is old and Axl is taking the piss with the Taco Bell tweet and he's been working out with Duff and it's more, wait until you see me on Kimmel.

I think it's quite clear how this will go down.

Axl will look and sound the same as he has done on his last few tours. He doesnt owe anyone weight loss or improved vocals, regardless of peoples sense of entitlement on here

On Kimmel he won't call it a reunion or pander to any media label, he'll announce he's bringing Duff and Slash back into the band (he legally owns Guns n Roses so its his choice what players he hires)

Frank and Fortus will stay on, and personally I think both should count themselves very lucky. Axl is clearly irrationally loyal to them, bringing back Gilby/Izzy Matt/Adler would have been very easy choices to make

They'll do a handfull of major festivals in the Summer to test the waters and build momentum to go onsale witth a US tour at the end of this year and world tour in 2017

It will be a momentous occasion but very much played down by the band and by Axl.

The set lists will play out like a greatest hits tour with very few curve balls along the way

Everyone here will want whatever happens to be different, it will underwhelm a lot and please a few.

If we keep an open mind and appreciate it for what it is (a long desired and very cool thing), and not get bogged down with weight, looks or vocal ability, it will be a great time to be a Guns n Roses fan.

I would consider this the worst case scenario; I don't care if he looks like a bloated mountain of vaseline on stage, as long as he can sing like Axl fucking Rose and not some weird old lady, I will be happy. He should be fucking ashamed of everything post 2010 and if he can't get back to that the 2006/10 standard then he be better off staying at home with his dog and rabbit sausages.

lol @ bloated mtn of vaseline.

anyhow some of you guys are forgetting how awesome he was at the last 2 shows. he was pretty good. i was disappointed i didn't fly out to vegas.

Would a qualified experienced manager allow their client to get so out of shape and unmarketable? I don't think so. This is on TB. Fingers crossed that this picture is old and Axl is taking the piss with the Taco Bell tweet and he's been working out with Duff and it's more, wait until you see me on Kimmel.

Honestly you can call TB a bunch of losers, but you can't blame this on TB. Axl's weight is in Axl's hand. What can me, you or TB do about this? all we can tell him to lose, we can't do anything more.

i disagree here...he should make an effort to be in the best shape possible both physically and vocally unless they are doing shows free of charge.

i trust that he will bring his A game

Especially, if you're gonna do stadium shows.

IF Fortus is there, can he seriously not do the Paradise City intro.

Why would he if Slash is back? Not a chance.

At this moment, I really don't know man, I just don't want this to be NuGNR Hired Slash and Duff.

im so glad that the only remaining guitarist from new guns is fortus

bumble was too robotically technical for guns

ashba doesnt know how to play at all - always hated him

fortus is the best match

he will nicely complement slash

I think it's quite clear how this will go down.

On Kimmel he won't call it a reunion or pander to any media label, he'll announce he's bringing Duff and Slash back into the band (he legally owns Guns n Roses so its his choice what players he hires)

Frank and Fortus will stay on, and personally I think both should count themselves very lucky. Axl is clearly irrationally loyal to them, bringing back Gilby/Izzy Matt/Adler would have been very easy choices to make

They'll do a handfull of major festivals in the Summer to test the waters and build momentum to go onsale witth a US tour at the end of this year and world tour in 2017

It will be a momentous occasion but very much played down by the band and by Axl.

The set lists will play out like a greatest hits tour with very few curve balls along the way

Everyone here will want whatever happens to be different, it will underwhelm a lot and please a few.

If we keep an open mind and appreciate it for what it is (a long desired and very cool thing), and not get bogged down with weight, looks or vocal ability, it will be a great time to be a Guns n Roses fan.

If they're indeed planning a stadium tour, I can't imagine it'll be late this year. Weather is a factor. In most of the country, it would have to be an arena tour late in the year.

The last pic we saw of Axl is part of the show. Thats an old pic and it surfaced because Axl wanted that. We'll be surprised with axl looking on Kimmel.

How do you know?

If it turned out to be true, I wouldn't be shocked at all (especially combined with his Taco Bell tweet). Weird for not a single photo to pop up of him since mid 2014, and suddenly that one pops on the internet as all this stuff is coming out.

More likely that it's real, though. We'll see soon!

If it was intentionally leaked, it would have been photographed and distributed (perhaps anonymously) by whoever is doing the PR and promotion. It also would have been sent to media outlets if that were the case.

I don't think it was 'officially' leaked, due to a number of reasons: It hasn't been touched by the media, it shows Axl in a less than stellar light (i.e. during/after a run and not in a rehearsal, for example), and it can be traced to a singer who appears to not have any relation to current Guns N' Roses management or an affiliated PR company.

If it was intentionally leaked, it would have been photographed and distributed (perhaps anonymously) by whoever is doing the PR and promotion. It also would have been sent to media outlets if that were the case.

I don't think it was 'officially' leaked, due to a number of reasons: It hasn't been touched by the media, it shows Axl in a less than stellar light (i.e. during/after a run and not in a rehearsal, for example), and it can be traced to a singer who appears to not have any relation to current Guns N' Roses management or an affiliated PR company.

That's how they do it these days. Guerilla Marketing. Under the radar. Go Viral.

im so glad that the only remaining guitarist from new guns is fortus

bumble was too robotically technical for guns

ashba doesnt know how to play at all - always hated him

fortus is the best match

he will nicely complement slash

Agreed on all points. Bumble did not have the right feel and Ashba tried to have the right feel (maybe) but he always was more about the visual over the aural.

I like Fortus plus he kinda looks like Izzy and Gilby.