The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I wonder how much Bumblefoot was to thank for the reunion? If he had decided to stay, would Axl have tried to find a way to make it work with him and Ashba? There really were no signs of Axl ever reconciling with Slash before that. I wonder if after that and coming to terms with the fact that Ashba did not have the chops for GNR that Axl considered retiring before he thought about the reunion, hence the rumours?

Really hard to know that. What I find interesting is how long do you guys suspect planning a stadium tour takes? If we go by that and backtrack we may know more about who knew what when

To me it all seems to have come together surprisingly quick; we went from Bumblefoot leaving to talk about looking for a potential replacement, to the huge shock of Ashba handing in his notice, to rumours of Axl considering retirement, to talk of Axl becoming friendly with Slash again but wanting to release the second part of Chinese and touring it with his own band, to a reunion with Slash and Duff.

I wonder how much Bumblefoot was to thank for the reunion? If he had decided to stay, would Axl have tried to find a way to make it work with him and Ashba? There really were no signs of Axl ever reconciling with Slash before that. I wonder if after that and coming to terms with the fact that Ashba did not have the chops for GNR that Axl considered retiring before he thought about the reunion, hence the rumours?

Interesting thought. I think Bumblefoot was integral to the reunion more because of the fact that he put the finishing touches on Chinese Democracy. Would it have ever been released without him? Who knows? I tend to think his contributions to the band and rapport with the fans might have been the final push to get the record out for Axl. People bash the record (and I can see why, although I like it), but keep in mind that album was a 14 year saga/opus, which was literally rock n roll legend prior to release. I can't see Axl progressing as an artist or even getting to a place in his life that he felt comfortable enough to consider a reunion without him getting Chinese Democracy off his chest.

Cud slash fall back into old habits (drinking, drugs etc) for the reunion

I mean he's been touring with most of these same guys over the years aside from Axl, who was probably the most sober member of the band in their hey day (not that that's saying much), so I don't see why that would be the case.

They're not gonna put him on the bill. No way. Too unreliable plus... I'd never tour with Steven, it's irritating to hear him talk for 20min. Imagine touring with him.

Maybe there's some truth to the whole "Steven will do the festival gigs and Matt/Frank will do the tour" thing. It'd probably be enough to shut Steven up so he can't say they didn't invite him while freeing them from having to keep him around for the entire tour. The "which drummer to pick" thing must be hard for them.

Who is gonna take one for the team,go to a Hookers N Blow show and get Dizzy drunk to get information out of him? I've probably seen Dizzy Reed solo more times than anyone on here but the closest show to me this tour is 6 hours away.

Edited by Subtle Signs

ThE tacobell twitter logically is pure advertising. Tacobell paid Axl for mention the brand. Everybody were waiting forma Axl.announcement so Tacobell take them part On this...

It would make sense for them to start serving breakfast at anytime, and use Axl as a spokes person... Since his clock is different than most of us... It really could hammer down a point.

Slash's video with 4 skeletons is very interesting. Izzy is back I hope!

No. That doesn't mean that at all...

So you think 4 skeletons dancing is a coincidence?

Looking at all the other posts on Slash's instagram I'd say yes