The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

About Pitman, I saw that he changed his twitter bio (GNR 1998-present), so went check his latest tweets and found this interesting https://t.co/2zGQk7AQCs

not sure if it was posted here yet, but seems like he's been working on studio n bought new gear. If he's on board and working, then it is good news I guess?

(I mean, I hate the fact he's in, but at least he's working on something and, well, may be a sign of new music)

Been talking about this one page earlier before your post. Thanks for reading us mate..

actually I read and had the info that he changed the bio from the post you made lol

just wanted to share the picture (link) I found suspicious, but sorry if it has already been posted.

I take it as a sign that they will be playing select cuts from Chinese Democracy if Pitman is on board. I don't think it's necessary to have him on synth for the AFD/UYI songs when the old boys are back.

You're on crack if you think they are playing any Chinese Democracy songs with a reunited lineup!. What the fuck gives you that idea? wishful misguided thinking is what it is. I don't mean to sound so harsh to you, but CD Era GNR is DEAD no matter who Axl has in his band. There is probably a 5% chance I'm wrong, would be cool if I was wrong, but I think we'll be lucky to hear even half of Illusions on a potential tour since everybody will piss their pants for AFD songs and want to hear "Its So Easy" & "Mr Brownstone" for the billionth time. I can see how it would be an attractive idea to dream about...Slash in an ultimate twist of irony covering GNR songs that he didn't write and replacing the people who replaced him.

Damn it...by the time I wrote this whole post against your idea, I'm starting to think its not so far fetched as I first thought when I started writing this post. It would be pretty cool if Axl did "Beneath The Savage Sun" and/or Slither and if Slash put his mark on a couple songs of the CD stuff.

Ok I'm lost I don't know what my point is anymore lol

• Like 1

Think about it. They had perfect crime on the setlist back in 06-07. That would have been too awesome to witness. But now with the hopefully reunited rebranded whatever lineup that would be an unstoppable song!

i think 2016 Axl would struggle on this one!

Slash will bring Bad Obsession, Double Talkin Jive, The Godfather theme surely?

2 great songs which i'm sure Axl would pull off really well.

I really think the setlist will look quite different to what we have been used to which is great!

Obviously staples such as scom, jungle, pc etc will remain but more of the illusions era songs may make a return. Hoping they keep some CD though, be interesting to see slash smash through better!

• Like 1

Drummer is the most important thing when it comes to playing live shows. Drummer can NOT fuck up, not one beat. He/she must be the most reliable member of the band. Every other member must have 100% trust to him, especially basist. Guitarist can fuck up and the song goes on etc. If you are the band planning to play stadium shows all over the world......are you gonna hire steven adler to do the job!? Lol.

Frank is the drummer.

Axl

Slash

Fortus

Duff

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

(Mystery Guitarist).

Yeah, my bet is on this lineup too.

• Like 1

I take it as a sign that they will be playing select cuts from Chinese Democracy if Pitman is on board. I don't think it's necessary to have him on synth for the AFD/UYI songs when the old boys are back.

You're on crack if you think they are playing any Chinese Democracy songs with a reunited lineup!. What the fuck gives you that idea? wishful misguided thinking is what it is. I don't mean to sound so harsh to you, but CD Era GNR is DEAD no matter who Axl has in his band. There is probably a 5% chance I'm wrong, would be cool if I was wrong, but I think we'll be lucky to hear even half of Illusions on a potential tour since everybody will piss their pants for AFD songs and want to hear "Its So Easy" & "Mr Brownstone" for the billionth time. I can see how it would be an attractive idea to dream about...Slash in an ultimate twist of irony covering GNR songs that he didn't write and replacing the people who replaced him.

Damn it...by the time I wrote this whole post against your idea, I'm starting to think its not so far fetched as I first thought when I started writing this post. It would be pretty cool if Axl did "Beneath The Savage Sun" and/or Slither and if Slash put his mark on a couple songs of the CD stuff.

Crack is whack!

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't expect Shackler's or something. However This I Love with Slash on lead would be fucking amazing.

I could totally be wrong here. I guess it is wishful thinking aha.

No one from the GN'R camp has called this a reunion, and why wouldn't this lineup play CD songs? There are some good songs on there which people like, and i imagine Axl wouldn't want to throw them away.

Regardless of who we get, i think there is a strong chance that some CD songs will be played. Duff played many of them during his stint with GN'R in 2014, Slash and Izzy both said they liked the album. I don't expect many CD songs to be played, but Chinese Democracy, This I Love, There was a Time and Madagascar are strong contenders.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Slash's brother just posted a "kid slash" pic on instagram, then added the #gunsnroses.

It's kind of magical the way everything is happening right now.

With all due respect., personaly, i think ( now even more) that everything we've been told since " gnr split" in 1996 was one lie after another lie.

In fact, i do think they never wasnt enemys at all.

I think the truth is somwhere inside songs like " dead horse" ( wich actually was played in gnr last shows back in 93).. Plus some other things we've never know

This " reunion" helps a lot my theory. I mean, come on, axl have plenty of money, and we know for sure he isnt the kind of guy who changes his mind, specialy about so strong subjects, principals, life.

I spoke long time a go with a lady who happens to be beta's relative. And she told me something that, the way i see it, pretty much proved to be at least partialy true ( if we think carefully about every 95-2008 detail). She said. "A couple of band members were killing themselfs with drugs, alcohol, and Mr rose didnt know how to handle that anymore, then those members just had that horrible and permanent attitude against rose ( because he wasnt in to drugs or anything like that and tryed to help them) like " you think you're better than me?".

So ( sorry for the looong post) what do u guys think?

Edited by SEPTEM

Nothing is "confirmed"

Every media outlet knows that GnR are a great story & seller. so why not run with it. Its not illegal as long as its speculation.

Axl is probably only going on there to announce the new album and that they are not touring to support it.

It might go like this

AXL: Yes Slash and i are cool now.

JIMMY: So any chance of a reunion?

AXL: naaa

JIMMY: So how was christmas?

AXL: Rambles off about garbage unrelated to past GnR

• Like 1

Nothing is "confirmed"

Every media outlet knows that GnR are a great story & seller. so why not run with it. Its not illegal as long as its speculation.

Axl is probably only going on there to announce the new album and that they are not touring to support it.

It might go like this

AXL: Yes Slash and i are cool now.

JIMMY: So any chance of a reunion?

AXL: naaa

JIMMY: So how was christmas?

AXL: Rambles off about garbage unrelated to past GnR

Sorry to dissappoint you, but if you think the reunion or whatever you'd like to call it isn't happening, you're delusional. If a very reputable site like Billboard say that a reunion tour is coming, a reunion tour is coming.

This article says that Sorum is going to be the drummer:

http://headliner.seatwave.com/welcome-back-jungle-return-guns-n-roses/

Trying to recall some chronology here, hope you guys can help me. If auntie google ain't fooling me the HOF induction was 2012 (though iI'm a bit surprised, thought it was 2013 actually). The Vegas residency and last nuGNR shows were somewhat in May 2014. Was Duff in Vegas? He joined Axl for the tour not long before that right?

Do I remember correctly that at the time of the HOF induction Duff and Axl were already on speaking terms?

Trying to recall some chronology here, hope you guys can help me. If auntie google ain't fooling me the HOF induction was 2012 (though iI'm a bit surprised, thought it was 2013 actually). The Vegas residency and last nuGNR shows were somewhat in May 2014. Was Duff in Vegas? He joined Axl for the tour not long before that right?

Do I remember correctly that at the time of the HOF induction Duff and Axl were already on speaking terms?

I believe since 2010 they were on talking terms if not way sooner.

But how much touring has he done since he left GN'R? plus that's from 1992 it doesn't mean that he still feels the same way and history shows us that he probably doesn't considering that most of the time he just appears as someone else's guest.

But how much touring has he done since he left GN'R? plus that's from 1992 it doesn't mean that he still feels the same way and history shows us that he probably doesn't considering that most of the time he just appears as someone else's guest.

He has said he'd want to be part of any reunion, I'll try to find the quote. But he was positive about the idea.

• Like 1