The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I don't think Salsh and Duff are re-joining GNR. I think they're going to tour and perform as contracted partners with Axl, who still owns the name GNR.

The "band" per se is not getting back together.

That's the take away that both our posts agree on. This isn't a reunion in the classic sense, and not just because it isn't a full AFD or UYI reunion. The entire structure isn't technically a reunion. A new partnership with old partners?

It's a lot easier to call it a reunion in discussing it, but in understanding the ins and outs of line ups it helps to look at it as a partnership. But at the end of the day it still is Axl's ship. I'd be more surprised if there weren't three guitarists is my main point.

• Like 1

slash and duff are back. but how long will they stay?

imo, it'll depend if the tour is successful in terms of sales and in terms of chemistry.

if things go well, a new album shouldn't be ruled out.

it's all speculation, we should wait and see.

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

About Pitman, I saw that he changed his twitter bio (GNR 1998-present), so went check his latest tweets and found this interesting https://t.co/2zGQk7AQCs

not sure if it was posted here yet, but seems like he's been working on studio n bought new gear. If he's on board and working, then it is good news I guess?

(I mean, I hate the fact he's in, but at least he's working on something and, well, may be a sign of new music)

I'm buying a DISH NATION shirt to celebrate this news.

I hate to do this again, but either you're affiliated with them or you have some unnatural hard-on for them.

We get it, they knew what was happening. You can stop promoting them now...

I own stock in the company,Broham. And I think I'll add them to my signature as well.

About Pitman, I saw that he changed his twitter bio (GNR 1998-present), so went check his latest tweets and found this interesting https://t.co/2zGQk7AQCs

not sure if it was posted here yet, but seems like he's been working on studio n bought new gear. If he's on board and working, then it is good news I guess?

(I mean, I hate the fact he's in, but at least he's working on something and, well, may be a sign of new music)

What if it's just new BEATRZR music?

I'm buying a DISH NATION shirt to celebrate this news.

I hate to do this again, but either you're affiliated with them or you have some unnatural hard-on for them.

We get it, they knew what was happening. You can stop promoting them now...

I own stock in the company,Broham. And I think I'll add them to my signature as well.

Perfect! That's all I wanted to hear :lol:

Just wanted a little transparency in regards to them.

401 pages!!!? Hooray!!! :headbang::lol::takethat: I've previously said I don't mind Dizzy and that's true as for Pitman he's apart of the NumetalGNR he can watch from the sidelines and act as a gofer for the Big 4? (maybe? One can hope right?)

Edited by Vic Sage

Here is a photo Axl tweeted from the studio in December 2014:

B3-9l8kCcAA-hkA.jpg

He then Tweeted the photo at Chris with the caption "official photog of the studio paranormal".

Now, here is the picture Chris tweeted 3 days ago with caption "hardware be pissed":

CXhGc-5WcAEEa95.jpg

If you zoom in on Axl's image a bit, you can actually see that the wall has the same squiggly design that the wall has in Chris's photo.

Could they possibly be working on new music at the moment? I don't know. But I think it's the same studio.

• Like 2

Really more likely, but who knows? He had also removed BEATRZR from his bio and his tweets are more GNR-related these days... Edited by jafeijo

Really more likely, but who knows, he had removed BEATRZR from his bio and his tweets are more GNR-related these days...
He probably removed it since nobody (even on these boards) cared. Then again,I'm sure it was just an outlet for him and Frank to have fun. I doubt they thought they'd be the next Crystal Method or Chemical Brothers. Edited by Subtle Signs

Looking back into old posts in August, when this was all just a dream, and thought, for no reason at all, I'll bump this one I wrote about Slash. Personally, I really liked it, and just funny to read it now when a reunion is so imminent. I just forget that Slash, and really none of them, HAVE to be doing this:

"Its unfortunately so cliched to talk about how nice Slash is. It makes you seem like you're defending the most popular kid in school. But the bottom line is he deserves everything he has and he wasn't handed anything. He didn't grow up with a silver spoon, he grew up perfectly content and comfortable the same way most of us did. He wasn't a poser for an image. He made an image and it worked. The same way it worked for Keith Richards, the same way it worked for Jimmy Page, the same way it worked for everyone. Its why he's iconic. He stood out and he had the chops to back it. No, I'm not gonna say he's solely responsible for GNR being what they were. Thats insane. But the man is a hard worker, does whatever the hell he wants and usually succeeds. He's well liked in most circles because he's just a cool good guy. He's got great business sense, he's a great collaborator (working with everyone from Michael Jackson to a god damn cartoon Phineas and Ferb, which even as silly as it is he made a great rock song for), and he has immense talents. If anything, you could very easily say that GNR has never reunited because Slash is just too nice. He doesn't sit there and shit talk Axl. He praises him, as he should, and tries to be diplomatic when talking about a reunion. Which makes it all harder for Axl to just suck it up and admit he was wrong, or at least just admit its all in the past."

Mainly bumped because I wonder what Axl says on Kimmel in relation to what I wrote at the end.

Looking back into old posts in August, when this was all just a dream, and thought, for no reason at all, I'll bump this one I wrote about Slash. Personally, I really liked it, and just funny to read it now when a reunion is so imminent. I just forget that Slash, and really none of them, HAVE to be doing this:

"Its unfortunately so cliched to talk about how nice Slash is. It makes you seem like you're defending the most popular kid in school. But the bottom line is he deserves everything he has and he wasn't handed anything. He didn't grow up with a silver spoon, he grew up perfectly content and comfortable the same way most of us did. He wasn't a poser for an image. He made an image and it worked. The same way it worked for Keith Richards, the same way it worked for Jimmy Page, the same way it worked for everyone. Its why he's iconic. He stood out and he had the chops to back it. No, I'm not gonna say he's solely responsible for GNR being what they were. Thats insane. But the man is a hard worker, does whatever the hell he wants and usually succeeds. He's well liked in most circles because he's just a cool good guy. He's got great business sense, he's a great collaborator (working with everyone from Michael Jackson to a god damn cartoon Phineas and Ferb, which even as silly as it is he made a great rock song for), and he has immense talents. If anything, you could very easily say that GNR has never reunited because Slash is just too nice. He doesn't sit there and shit talk Axl. He praises him, as he should, and tries to be diplomatic when talking about a reunion. Which makes it all harder for Axl to just suck it up and admit he was wrong, or at least just admit its all in the past."

Mainly bumped because I wonder what Axl says on Kimmel in relation to what I wrote at the end.

Axl looks at the camera and simply says "We're Back." Then announcement video plays and Slash and the boys come out.

Been talking about this one page earlier before your post. Thanks for reading us mate..

Fuck. No third guitariat plwase

If we have two keyboard players (three counting Axl) then there will probably be a third guitar player. Heck. They might go with two drummers this time around.

Edited by Apollo