The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

He probably doesn't have as much money as you think. Google Doug Golfsteins letter to axl. Doug implies that axl isn't set for life financially. If he isn't is izzy?

If he wasn't set for life financially,don't you think he'd have been more actively touring over the past 25 years? Or joined Velvet Revolver? Maybe his lifestyle is more simple than Axl's? If you have a source for thinking Izzy will do the full tour,great. If not you are just hoping he will be like all of us.

He seems like a simple person, im sure he has done some investments in which he is getting something monthly. On top of that he shows up a few times with his muted guitar to play 2 or 3 songs in Axl's band. I guess he would get a few thousand dollars per gig for that, so it would be enough for him.

I do have a source who is close to axl that said izzy was rehearsing with duff slash and sorum. The Adler thing is what I'm not sure about. She said that Frank who I understand was the last drummer axl used is on standby. But izzy is really involved with Duff. I was told by that person that the AFD lineup will be on Kimmel.

Ask that source if they are a part of the BNU, then only I will believe you.
Wtf is the BNU

Long story bro.

Long and unfunny.

Carrying on from a locked thread, I would put 1970's Kiss and Guns about on par in terms of success. They were both gigantic stadium rock bands in their respective eras. Their careers however follow different trajectories which tends to confuse people. Kiss had to 'work at it' a bit, releasing a string of flops, before they broke through with 'Rock and Roll All Night' and Alive. GN'R broke through with their very first album and their success was quicker. GN'R had wider, more mainstream, appeal which demonstrated itself in their astonishing sales figures, but then Kiss had this extraordinary loyal fan base (Kiss Army) who always seemed to fill out their shows wherever they went - and don't forget that Kiss had a bit of cross over mainstream appeal also (e.g. Beth). I then would put them about on par in the United States (outside America, Guns reign supreme).

Regarding the reunion, don't forget that there was no muddy picture for Kiss in 1996-7. There was no talk of ''hybrid line-ups'', partnering Kulick up with Peter Criss, or Ace with Singer. There was no Area 51 'Axl/Team Brazil' political mindgames and anagrams. Once the reunion was announced, it was simply that: ''reunion''; ''Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter'', ''the real Kiss is back'' and ''here are two of the biggest motormouths in the business willing to talk about it and hype it up''. It was a marketing man's dream! If the rumours are true about 'hybrids', 're-brandings', Guns are not going to have that luxury. And I know somebody is going to reply to that with, ''Joe Public does not care about Izzy Stradlin'' (a sentiment I do not wholly agree with) but the simple ability to call your tour a ''reunion'', and to turn the clock back to your heyday, is an enormous advantage. ''Reunion'' determines ticket sales.

He probably doesn't have as much money as you think. Google Doug Golfsteins letter to axl. Doug implies that axl isn't set for life financially. If he isn't is izzy?

If he wasn't set for life financially,don't you think he'd have been more actively touring over the past 25 years? Or joined Velvet Revolver? Maybe his lifestyle is more simple than Axl's? If you have a source for thinking Izzy will do the full tour,great. If not you are just hoping he will be like all of us.

He seems like a simple person, im sure he has done some investments in which he is getting something monthly. On top of that he shows up a few times with his muted guitar to play 2 or 3 songs in Axl's band. I guess he would get a few thousand dollars per gig for that, so it would be enough for him.

I do have a source who is close to axl that said izzy was rehearsing with duff slash and sorum. The Adler thing is what I'm not sure about. She said that Frank who I understand was the last drummer axl used is on standby. But izzy is really involved with Duff. I was told by that person that the AFD lineup will be on Kimmel.

Wtf is the BNU

Long story bro.

Long and unfunny.

Well some people believed that shit.

What if Axl announces he is transitioning into a woman and his new GNR version is an all girl band with Caitlyn Jenner as lead guitarist...

would you support the new band?

Well Axl's tities are growing and that Slash's daughter can be on the lead.

Would I support this weird band. FUCK NO.

Seriously where to you get these weird idea's from.

Wtf is the BNU

Long story bro.

Long and unfunny.

I think we need to retire this joke acronym otherwise every new account is going to end up interrupting the flow of discussion to ask about it.

Wtf is the BNU

Long story bro.

Long and unfunny.

I think we need to retire this joke acronym otherwise every new account is going to end up interrupting the flow of discussion to ask about it.

Ok Alfie, I wont take the name of my source :cry:

Carrying on from a locked thread, I would put 1970's Kiss and Guns about on par in terms of success. They were both gigantic stadium rock bands in their respective eras. Their careers however follow different trajectories which tends to confuse people. Kiss had to 'work at it' a bit, releasing a string of flops, before they broke through with 'Rock and Roll All Night' and Alive. GN'R broke through with their very first album and their success was quicker. GN'R had wider, more mainstream, appeal which demonstrated itself in their astonishing sales figures, but then Kiss had this extraordinary loyal fan base (Kiss Army) who always seemed to fill out their shows wherever they went - and don't forget that Kiss had a bit of cross over mainstream appeal also (e.g. Beth). I then would put them about on par in the United States (outside America, Guns reign supreme).

Regarding the reunion, don't forget that there was no muddy picture for Kiss in 1996-7. There was no talk of ''hybrid line-ups'', partnering Kulick up with Peter Criss, or Ace with Singer. There was no Area 51 'Axl/Team Brazil' political mindgames and anagrams. Once the reunion was announced, it was simply that: ''reunion''; ''Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter'', ''the real Kiss is back'' and ''here are two of the biggest motormouths in the business willing to talk about it and hype it up''. It was a marketing man's dream! If the rumours are true about 'hybrids', 're-brandings', Guns are not going to have that luxury. And I know somebody is going to reply to that with, ''Joe Public does not care about Izzy Stradlin'' (a sentiment I do not wholly agree with) but the simple ability to call your tour a ''reunion'', and to turn the clock back to your heyday, is an enormous advantage. ''Reunion'' determines ticket sales.

Actually, KISS released a Kulick album after their 95 reunion, Carnival of Souls. even Tommy Thayer did some work on it :lol:

On Psycho Circus, Peter Criss did not record the drums for legal reasons (only on one song) and some uncredited players (Thayer, and Kevin Valentine) did the guitars and drums. Frehley only played on 3 songs

Edited by Strange Broue

Actually, KISS released a Kulick album after their 95 reunion, Carnival of Souls. even Tommy Thayer did some work on it :lol:

On Psycho Circus, Peter Criss did not record the drums for legal reasons (only on one song) and some uncredited players (Thayer, and Kevin Valentine) did the guitars and drums. Frehley only played on 3 songs

I'm discussing the initial reunion tour here, 1996-7 - not the period when it all went tits up (which it did - I agree).

Carnival of Souls was chucked out with zero promotion (so as not to interfere with the reunion); it was basically offloaded to discourage bootlegs. I fail to see the relevancy.

What if Axl announces he is transitioning into a woman and his new GNR version is an all girl band with Caitlyn Jenner as lead guitarist...

would you support the new band?

dude, have you ever watched the 2002 gnr lineup? Finck sucked Marilyn mansons cock. So yeah...we are used to have freaks in gnr.
  • Like 2

Anyone can post anything...

Let's put our hopes as high as Axl will be on Kimmel. To say the whole band will be there and they are not will piss people of even though no one said it would happen. If it does hey awesome...

For now all we know for sure is Axl Rose will be on Kimmel...

I wonder how much Bumblefoot was to thank for the reunion? If he had decided to stay, would Axl have tried to find a way to make it work with him and Ashba? There really were no signs of Axl ever reconciling with Slash before that. I wonder if after that and coming to terms with the fact that Ashba did not have the chops for GNR that Axl considered retiring before he thought about the reunion, hence the rumours?

It's sort of amusing that the majority of GnR fans seem to think Frank is a terrible drummer. But other professional musicians give the guy tons of props for his drumming skills.

I have'nt never seen him on any top 200 drummer list like the rest of the gnr drummers he cant play the songs right its that easy

Edited by Gibbo 27

I wonder how much Bumblefoot was to thank for the reunion? If he had decided to stay, would Axl have tried to find a way to make it work with him and Ashba? There really were no signs of Axl ever reconciling with Slash before that. I wonder if after that and coming to terms with the fact that Ashba did not have the chops for GNR that Axl considered retiring before he thought about the reunion, hence the rumours?

Really hard to know that. What I find interesting is how long do you guys suspect planning a stadium tour takes? If we go by that and backtrack we may know more about who knew what when

Really hard to know that. What I find interesting is how long do you guys suspect planning a stadium tour takes? If we go by that and backtrack we may know more about who knew what when
Having Duff play full concerts with the band was a possible sign that things were happening. I feel Axl would never have put a former member in a role like that unless things were changing.

Then again him and Duff had a lot of talks during that tour, maybe Duff broke Axl down to the point that he would consider even talking to Slash. Really a lot happened and my guess would be early 2014 as the start of what we are about to witness.

I think a cool story would be if Duff was around Axl when Slash called Duff and Axl politely asking if he could talk to him.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Cud slash fall back into old habits (drinking, drugs etc) for the reunion

I've wondered about that. I'm sure they will all have their own buses and traveling accommodations so he can choose if he wants to be around it or not. But that music was written out of debauchery and "feeling good all the time". Once he plays a couple nights of that music with Axl singing my bet is he at least thinks about it. Not that I'm rooting for him to break his sobriety I'm proud of him for that.