The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I think a lineup consisting of Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Sorum and Dizzy Reed with Adler doing guest appearances would be the perfect solution. Hope it happens.

Yeah well I hope too, even though I would want Adler and Sorum/Gilby doing Guest Appearances. I want that Bald head and Fortus to be far away as possible from this.

Personally I don't necessarily need Gilby, though it would certainly be cool if he appeared here and there. If Izzy really doesn't want to do it full-time, I would be okay with Fortus. Agree about the drummer though.

• Like 1

If Axl has a problem with Matt (and he definitely had back in the days), I'd rather have whoever else. The last thing I'd want is for it to fall apart because of this or that unoriginal drummer...

I agree, but if Sorum is really part of the tour lineup, I figure Axl is at least getting along with him because I don't think he would have agreed for Sorum to participate if he hated him.

If Axl has a problem with Matt (and he definitely had back in the days), I'd rather have whoever else. The last thing I'd want is for it to fall apart because of this or that unoriginal drummer...

Neve, Axl and Matt did meet each other in 2007 and hung around, so they are cool with each other.

• Like 1

Neve, Axl and Matt did meet each other in 2007 and hung around, so they are cool with each other.

Back in 2006

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-hangs-out-with-axl-rose-in-new-york-city/#zymlh8k1zqL2Etjq.99

It's quite a difference to meet once and to go on tour together. Axl needs yes men. He won't tolerate anyone outside the original guys bitching under any circumstances and I don't believe Matt is capable of keeping his mouth shut for months on end. Seriously, I'd be afraid of his input there - like trying to get Slash and Duff against Axl if Axl screws up here and there or whatever...

Ha, maybe Izzy's in after all, there's 4 dancing skeletons here :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/__jwHeTYDO/

Edited by Asia

Axl has known for a while that a high profile reunion was likely....and yet he looks very bloated and out of shape. A bad sign and will be awful PR if he looks that bad on Kimmel.

For all we know he may be on medication or steroids that 'bulk' him up. He will look fine on Jimmy Kimmel.....I hope.

i feel sorry for the guy who paid a pile of cash for lifetime slash/miles tix.

Didn't even know that was a competition; I wouldn't feel too bad for the guy, though, I can see Slash touring with Myles whenever Axl wants to take a break as it seems Slash never wants to take one.

If they offered him lifetime passes to GNR instead that would be nuts.

From htgth:

I spoke with Frank tonight briefly at Beast of Bourbon, here in Brooklyn and well um, its happening.Obviously he can't speak much about it, but the confirmation was when I said see you at Coachella, and he said, yeah I think I'll be there too with a huge grin.

I'd really like to know where people are getting their infos from, that its gonna be Matt

Edited by xBrownstonex

From htgth:

I spoke with Frank tonight briefly at Beast of Bourbon, here in Brooklyn and well um, its happening.Obviously he can't speak much about it, but the confirmation was when I said see you at Coachella, and he said, yeah I think I'll be there too with a huge grin.

I'd really like to know where people are getting their infos from, that its gonna be Matt

so he said he THINKS he will be there too, I hope he is there in the crowd just as a fan, seriously I want Adler or Matt.

• Like 1

From htgth:

Indeed, the Matt stuff kind of came out of nowhere. It started showing up in the articles when all other signs until then pointed to Frank/hybrid line-up. I guess we'll find out Tuesday! At this point I don't care either way.

I think it's quite clear how this will go down.

Axl will look and sound the same as he has done on his last few tours. He doesnt owe anyone weight loss or improved vocals, regardless of peoples sense of entitlement on here

On Kimmel he won't call it a reunion or pander to any media label, he'll announce he's bringing Duff and Slash back into the band (he legally owns Guns n Roses so its his choice what players he hires)

Frank and Fortus will stay on, and personally I think both should count themselves very lucky. Axl is clearly irrationally loyal to them, bringing back Gilby/Izzy Matt/Adler would have been very easy choices to make

They'll do a handfull of major festivals in the Summer to test the waters and build momentum to go onsale witth a US tour at the end of this year and world tour in 2017

It will be a momentous occasion but very much played down by the band and by Axl.

The set lists will play out like a greatest hits tour with very few curve balls along the way

Everyone here will want whatever happens to be different, it will underwhelm a lot and please a few.

If we keep an open mind and appreciate it for what it is (a long desired and very cool thing), and not get bogged down with weight, looks or vocal ability, it will be a great time to be a Guns n Roses fan.

• Like 1

From htgth:

so he said he THINKS he will be there too, I hope he is there in the crowd just as a fan, seriously I want Adler or Matt.

That would be ideal. I realize in terms of ticket sales,you could have a Forum member up there and it wouldn't hurt sales but I want as many true GNR members as possible. Frank isn't viewed as that by anyone outside of the hardest of hardcore new-GNR fan.

Slash won't rejoin GNR to be Axl's next employee, same about Duff. I'm pretty sure the legal work they did in last 2 years will make this entire project fair and square for all of them. And I'm also sure that Slash wouldn't do this if Axl's voice was still as bad as in 2013 or 2014. We'll see, only few days left, can't think about anything else though.

Edited by Ralphelmo