Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

Also, there was a 100% confirmed appearance in place. The network can't advertise someone without having a concrete agreement in place or else they would get sued for false advertising. IMO something happened behind the scenes in AxlLand that screwed this up. We all remember the beginning of the 02 tour, and the Philly show, and the 03 Rio show, and the failed European tour.....Always something that happens last minute.

Unlike Velvet Revolver, Guns N Roses isn't a "Late show band"

Except for that time they played a late show.
It's not about being a late show band it's about publicity. Honestly I hope Axl talks to Stern because IMO he's the greatest interviewer of our generation.

Yup. Axl needs too go to Stern. No question.

Well although it would have been cool to see Axl on Kimmel again tonight, I say we don't over-analyze the supposed cancellation. The big news is that Axl, Slash, and Duff confirmed today that they're playing Coachella together so the big picture "reunion" is still a go. If you would have told me a year ago that Axl, Slash, and Duff are all back in GnR scheduled to play Coachella I'd be beyond stoked. Pretty sure we'd all agree to that. This Kimmel thing may or may not be a big deal and either way, there will be other opportunities for Axl and Co. to make appearances if they desire in the next few months. All this minute to minute craving for information is a little much on all our parts I say lets chill out and let the chips fall where they may leading up to Coachella and maybe beyond. Good things overall for sure.

That was one of the best recorded moments of the old band imo, awesome performance. Not the same as proper gigs like the ritz etc but it showed real chemistry and Axls voice was at its best.

It's not about being a late show band it's about publicity. Honestly I hope Axl talks to Stern because IMO he's the greatest interviewer of our generation.

Maybe Axl isn't TV ready yet, maybe in a month or two.

or maybe MYSTERY BOX!!!

Another interesting thing I found out. Companies buy ad spots based on the amount of people that watch a particular show. I'm sure this is common knowledge. What I didn't know is that some companies look at talk show schedules ahead of time to see if any big names will be on that might spike ratings. More ratings equals more people to show a specific commercial to that markets their product. The issue here is we are living in an entirely different world than when Axl was THE man in the 90s. He can't expect to remain unreliable and still have people at his beckon call. Then again maybe he really just doesn't care.

All bands are these days. Half the time, it is in contracts with tour promoters.

Paul McCartney played a special Jimmy Kimmel show where they shut down Hollywood Blvd.

If macca can do it, ANYONE can.

Did Stern mention anything this morning?

That was one of the best recorded moments of the old band imo, awesome performance. Not the same as proper gigs like the ritz etc but it showed real chemistry and Axls voice was at its best.

Early 1988 was probably the peak of the band. Ritz/Late Show/GN'R Lies recording all happened around that time. Axl for sure peaked around that point. Friggin incredible performances on all three of those things in a short period of time. That band at that point in time (with AFD in the can too) is the greatest rock band ever...even if only for a very brief period.

Jon Favreau on now, mystery over, I'm sure there'll be no "surprise" appearance tonight

As for Friday...

Kimmel's website has nothing for Friday currently

The show doesn't tape on Fridays. And when it takes its always past 330 pm pacific Edited by Billsfan

Regardless it was a nice idea for axl to go on. But clearly he must have cancelled because he was probably just going to announce coachella but not get into any specifics. Or for whatever reason he can't talk about any specifics yet.

Hopefully they go on Eddie trunk soon. Since axl likes Eddie and slash and duff are friends with trunk, it's happening. Wello Hopefully. Good chance of it.

Edited by Billsfan