Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

Ugh. I need it straight from Axl's mouth before believing it's a reunion. Didn't someone say Slash and Duff shared the Coachella poster on Facebook?

Nu GNR isn't big enough to headline Coachella. So the fact that they've been announced as the headliner already tells you the reunion is official. Why do people need some stupid sitdown TV interview to confirm that?

WELL just like the Kimmel outcome, as long as there's nothing too official out there, Axl can still pull out last minute of anything like Coachella and say "Well he never said he was gonna reunite with anyone, it was ALL the media"

Blah blah blah!

Plus, you don't think it would be pretty fucking cool to see this reunion live in the moment while it's all going down!?! I mean, that's EPIC TV!

Someone from the Axl camp already tried that with the Kimmel appearance and ended up just looking like a massive tool. I think if Axl were to play that hand with the reunion it would be a very dangerous game. No matter how you spin this it's a bad look and a bad start to the reunion. But in the end it's all about the music. So I don't care too much about the extraneous stuff.

We might not, but this kinda thing is expected with a "big announcement" such as hell freezing over! The people, the world wanna know how it was possible for Hell to freeze over....We won't get that from the music, will we!

I just think it solidifies everything a bit more, if there's silence between now and Coachella. it's just stupid! It doesn't, in this case increase hype much, the hype is there, it's not necessary! It would just make people worried it's all gonna fall apart at any point, as Axl hasn't ever said the original line up is back! It's a shame he didn't just appear on Kimmel, there's no real reason other than getting cold feet to the stigma that is attached, after all his big fat NO's over the years! He's shooting himself, because I think he could be on tonight riding out a big fat whirlwind of positive press, way more than he could ever imagine! We know this, but it escapes Axl and frankly is a poor start to gargantuan news!

Ugh. I need it straight from Axl's mouth before believing it's a reunion. Didn't someone say Slash and Duff shared the Coachella poster on Facebook?

Nu GNR isn't big enough to headline Coachella. So the fact that they've been announced as the headliner already tells you the reunion is official. Why do people need some stupid sitdown TV interview to confirm that?

WELL just like the Kimmel outcome, as long as there's nothing too official out there, Axl can still pull out last minute of anything like Coachella and say "Well he never said he was gonna reunite with anyone, it was ALL the media"

Blah blah blah!

Plus, you don't think it would be pretty fucking cool to see this reunion live in the moment while it's all going down!?! I mean, that's EPIC TV!

Exactly. We need "reunion" from Axl's mouth. That's not asking for a lot. If anything, it makes sense for him to confirm that BEFORE the Coachella tickets go on sale.

I doubt he'll use that particular word.

I don't think of this as a REUNION, it sort of implies that GNR from 2001 on was not GNR, and despite what we might think, to Axl GNR never ceased to exist.

Also a reunion would be getting back to the AFD or UYI lineups... and that doesn't seem to be the case. It's more likely a new incarnation of the band (this time with old GNR member and new GNR members).

I also doubt Izzy or Matt will be involved: there are no signs to prove it otherwise, UNLESS for some reason they want to make it a big surprise closer to the date or just showing up at Coachella, but that doesn't make sense. If that was the case, it would have made more sense to have the whole band show up together... the biggest surprise would have been seeing Slash walking on stange.

I agree with all this, but Axl isn't so fickle that he doesn't realize the magnitude of performing with Slash and Duff again! It's been talked & asked about to death over the years....This is an event that needs at least the minimal addressing, especially for fans that hope to travel all the way from the UK for example!

Edited by colonizedmind

I really like the "Axl singing Fall to Pieces as a tribute to Weiland" idea in this article. Eddie Vedder has sung Mother Love Bone's Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns as an Andy Wood tribute for many years...I think it'd be a really classy gesture on Axl's part.

One thing that I think you guys are overlooking is that we don't need to rely on team Axl and the Blunderbus anymore! Trust Slash! Trust Duff! These guys don't mess around. When they say something they mean it and they follow through. They don't post a logo of Coachella without damn well planning on being there or at the very least giving a timely explanation to THEIR fans as to why not! We are free from the tyranny of idiocy people!!

One thing that I think you guys are overlooking is that we don't need to rely on team Axl and the Blunderbus anymore! Trust Slash! Trust Duff! These guys don't mess around. When they say something they mean it and they follow through. They don't post a logo of Coachella without damn well planning on being there or at the very least giving a timely explanation to THEIR fans as to why not! We are free from the tyranny of idiocy people!!

Doesn't matter, they're just in Axl's band, if he pulls the plug, they won't be there!

It's Axl's inconsistency that is the worry in all of this and I love him to death, but he's just highlighted

it again today, and it's quite irrelevant the reasons why, it is what it is!

Doesn't matter, they're just in Axl's band, if he pulls the plug, they won't be there!

It's Axl's inconsistency that is the worry in all of this and I love him to death, but he's just highlighted

it again today, and it's quite irrelevant the reasons why, it is what it is!

You're missing the point. At least if things go belly up we finally have some mature people involved who will level with us and tell us as fans why and what we can expect. We are no longer in the abusive relationship as fans of constantly being told it's our fault that things go south. I for one am happy about that.

I'm the last person to make apologies for Axl, but a few things:

A.) We have no clue why he canceled. Maybe Slash and Duff didnt now about it and didn't want it announced that way. Maybe he's self-conscious about his weight. Maybe Coachella asked him to cancel because they have a deal lined up with some other TV network. Who knows.

B.) What exactly do you want addressed? They can announce the lineup via Twitter if it really comes down to it. Are you expecting Axl to sit down with Jimmy Kimmel and have some heart-to-heart about why they are back together? We may never know the real answer, and we may not want the real answer (if it's just money driven) so what does it matter?

C.) The "reunion" was officially announced less than 24 hours ago. There's three months to go until the big show. Let's at least give them a few days before we start freaking out.

• Like 1

Maybe he (Axl) is just gonna wait until they have the lineup settled. Then the whole band will go on Kimmel, or another show, to do the big PR Q&A. After Coachella was leaked he probably didn't see the need to go on solo and talk about what has already been disclosed.

Edited by BadApples87

Maybe he (Axl) is just gonna wait until they have the lineup settled. Then the whole band will go on Kimmel, or another show, to do the big PR Q&A. After Coachella was leaked he probably didn't see the need to go on solo and talk about what has already been disclosed.

People are STILL defending him. Un-be-fucking-lievable.

• Like 1

We have known if Coachella for a couple weeks. When is the real info coming?

This roll out has been a fucking joke. A shared Coachella pic? Give me a fucking break. Should have hired Gibbo27 to make a badass trailer announcing the reunion. Would be much better than this horse shit.

Surely if Coachella is signed and good to go, the lineup is decided ! They wouldn't of signed them without assurances, surely??

People are STILL defending him. Un-be-fucking-lievable.

Not really defending him. Just pointing out one possibility.

He could just be pulling a same old Axl move here. Maybe he needs to drop a couple more lbs before he goes live.

Either way, it's Axl drama.

Surely if Coachella is signed and good to go, the lineup is decided ! They wouldn't of signed them without assurances, surely??

To a point, yes. Everything I read is that the deal is for Axl, Slash, and Duff. As long as they are on the bill, it really don't matter to promoters which other "Guns" are backing them up.