Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

still secretly hoping this is all one gigantic smokescreen and were all going to see something big happen tonight

Maybe a group picture of everyone? Wouldn't that be something

I can just imagine that meeting...so we'll run this great promotional hype for a few weeks and just as it's reaches crescendo Axl will pull his no show schtick. Once everyone has switched off their TV's in disappointment we'll double back and catch all those Natalie Dormer fans by surprise.

It could happen! :lol:

I mean, the worst case scenario is you still get to look at Natalie Dormer for an hour...

still secretly hoping this is all one gigantic smokescreen and were all going to see something big happen tonight

I can just imagine that meeting...so we'll run this great promotional hype for a few weeks and just as it's reaches crescendo Axl will pull his no show schtick. Once everyone has switched off their TV's in disappointment we'll double back and catch all those Natalie Dormer fans by surprise.

Right? How fucking retarded is that. But thats so true lolololol.

Ugh. I need it straight from Axl's mouth before believing it's a reunion. Didn't someone say Slash and Duff shared the Coachella poster on Facebook?

Nu GNR isn't big enough to headline Coachella. So the fact that they've been announced as the headliner already tells you the reunion is official. Why do people need some stupid sitdown TV interview to confirm that?

Not to be a stickler, but I still haven't actually seen Axl say or type the words Slash. So like, I don't need a sitdown interview, but I still haven't seen him acknowledge Slash's existence which is... odd.

Ugh. I need it straight from Axl's mouth before believing it's a reunion. Didn't someone say Slash and Duff shared the Coachella poster on Facebook?

Nu GNR isn't big enough to headline Coachella. So the fact that they've been announced as the headliner already tells you the reunion is official. Why do people need some stupid sitdown TV interview to confirm that?

Not that it's needed. It was promoted and booked and then canceled. Which is so typical of the band.

Kimmel Semmed pissed. Laughed it off but seemed a little pissed cuz he's now left with vacant space at the last minute.

I want to go. I want to buy tickets. What am I getting with it from GnR??

I'd like to know and depending on what the lineup is and etc etc would sway my decision on purchasing tickets, flight, hotel etc..etc..

Not to be a stickler, but I still haven't actually seen Axl say or type the words Slash. So like, I don't need a sitdown interview, but I still haven't seen him acknowledge Slash's existence which is... odd.

Maybe they just need to bite the bullet so to speak and do it. Whatever way it happens initially it's bound to feel and maybe look a bit awkward, they'd actually be better off starting something low level comfortable like retweeting each other. I'm fairly sure they've met up at this point but publicly it's going to feel like a massive thing.

Not that it's needed. It was promoted and booked and then canceled. Which is so typical of the band.

Kimmel Semmed pissed. Laughed it off but seemed a little pissed cuz he's now left with vacant space at the last minute.

I'd like to know and depending on what the lineup is and etc etc would sway my decision on purchasing tickets, flight, hotel etc..etc..

GNR never promoted that Axl would be on the show.

There are a lot of ways to announce whatever they want to announce without going on Jimmy Kimmel. Do you realize how many, to steal an Axl-ish phrase, "moving parts" there must be with this reunion? Axl, Slash and Duff (and Izzy if he's involved) all have their own managers, lawyers and PR people. It's never going to be like the old days where they were just one big group. So when things this big happen, EVERYONE has to be on the same page.

Edited by OTHAFA

I wonder if Axl has met up with Slash in person yet? I really hope they all at least rehearse together before Coachella and it doesn't turn into "not seeing Axl until showtime" all over again. The lack of preparation was really apparent on the last few tours, a lot of work has to be done to prove a lot of people wrong.

• Like 1

So wait, so is Frank in New York or on his way to LA? I know there was all this farewell Tuesday top secret shit, but it says he has a Mule Kick show tonight in Brooklyn that they are promoting as his farewell. So like... he's still in New York, right?

Frank is not in LA he is in New York City

Thank you. Cause I too am secretly expecting something tonight but it seemed to be getting lost that Frank was on his way to LA tonight when that is indeed not possible.

So wait, so is Frank in New York or on his way to LA? I know there was all this farewell Tuesday top secret shit, but it says he has a Mule Kick show tonight in Brooklyn that they are promoting as his farewell. So like... he's still in New York, right?

Yeah even I was wondering that he left NY or is in LA, that girl who he sleeps with every Tuesday was sad to see him go. Most prob he will be in LA before next tuesday, I assume thats what she meant.

I wonder if Axl has met up with Slash in person yet? I really hope they all at least rehearse together before Coachella and it doesn't turn into "not seeing Axl until showtime" all over again. The lack of preparation was really apparent on the last few tours, a lot of work has to be done to prove a lot of people wrong.

I doubt they have met face to face, all the talks have been through lawyers, Duff is the only common friend. But Im assuming they will meet in a few days or if they go on a talk show together, they will meet before that.

Also my friend just told me that apparently Howard Stern this morning said that Jimmy was supposed to have the first "official" performance of the reunited Guns n' Roses and was told by Kimmel (whom Stern is good friends with) to keep quiet and not say anything. So there's some legitimate truth to what I was told about a performance. Can anyone confirm this quote from Stern this morning? Something still tells me we will see them perform this week regardless of the "not appearing" messages I've been receiving all day.

If the sorum thing is true, that would explain the last minute trip from Frank.

Or just they maybe change the channel? ABC for NBC?

Maybe, but I thought Billy Joel was Fallon's guest tonight? Would be awesome if they showed up.

I believe Frank is on his way to LA? Today we will get another announcement from Fernando, tomorrow is another story.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I really wish this band was managed buy an actual management agency.

If only.

The promotion campaign prior to this was good, but god damn have they dropped the ball with the whole announcement thing.

THIS!

Today is huge news and while it's happening, all we get is a couple of instagram, Facebook and twitter posts!

IF this is for any RIGHT reasons, or screw that, In ANY case, this should be more officially done, screamed from the

roof tops, and not just by the copy and paste media!

I hope in the next 7 days SOMETHING happens Officially....

Press conference HAS to happen, surely, for something of this magnitude!

• Like 1

Everyone saying "it's confirmed" didn't get what I meant. GNR playing Coachella is confirmed by Axl. A reunion is not yet. Kimmell was a chance to do that TONIGHT so people who were waiting for that could buy the tickets going on sale TOMORROW. It might be 99% happening, but the cost for me (and I imagine others closer to the East Coast) to see this show would eclipse $1,000. Without the Kimmell interview, we don't get Axl saying, "Slash and Duff are back." We don't turn it from 99% to 100%. Rolling Stones is reliable. So is Blabbermouth. Shit, so is the N.Y. Times and L.A. Times. But remember, this is Axl. He likes playing coy for as long as possible. It's probably his most frustrating personality trait.

WELL just like the Kimmel outcome, as long as there's nothing too official out there, Axl can still pull out last minute of anything like Coachella and say "Well he never said he was gonna reunite with anyone, it was ALL the media"

Blah blah blah!

Plus, you don't think it would be pretty fucking cool to see this reunion live in the moment while it's all going down!?! I mean, that's EPIC TV!

GNR never promoted that Axl would be on the show.

There are a lot of ways to announce whatever they want to announce without going on Jimmy Kimmel. Do you realize how many, to steal an Axl-ish phrase, "moving parts" there must be with this reunion? Axl, Slash and Duff (and Izzy if he's involved) all have their own managers, lawyers and PR people. It's never going to be like the old days where they were just one big group. So when things this big happen, EVERYONE has to be on the same page.

Yeah... duh.

He was booked. That has been confirmed.

He canceled. Typical.

Something this big or huge as you say that everyone has to be on the same page about should of already of happened if they are booking Jimmy Kimmel.

I could give 2 shits where or how it's addressed. I'd prefer Stern, but thats just me.

Axl has some explaining to do.

WELL just like the Kimmel outcome, as long as there's nothing too official out there, Axl can still pull out last minute of anything like Coachella and say "Well he never said he was gonna reunite with anyone, it was ALL the media"

Blah blah blah!

Plus, you don't think it would be pretty fucking cool to see this reunion live in the moment while it's all going down!?! I mean, that's EPIC TV!

Exactly. We need "reunion" from Axl's mouth. That's not asking for a lot. If anything, it makes sense for him to confirm that BEFORE the Coachella tickets go on sale.

You gotta build the hype, Slash is right this thing can only be cool for 5 min before people forget. Their schedule for the next 3 months has been lined out and hopefully it's executed to a T starting now that the first mess up has already happened.

I think there is plenty more to come. Coachella is 13 weeks away...it will happen fast.

LOL! Imagine when Coachella starts and no Slash but Fortus on lead, and some new hired guns.

Everyone saying "it's confirmed" didn't get what I meant. GNR playing Coachella is confirmed by Axl. A reunion is not yet. Kimmell was a chance to do that TONIGHT so people who were waiting for that could buy the tickets going on sale TOMORROW. It might be 99% happening, but the cost for me (and I imagine others closer to the East Coast) to see this show would eclipse $1,000. Without the Kimmell interview, we don't get Axl saying, "Slash and Duff are back." We don't turn it from 99% to 100%. Rolling Stones is reliable. So is Blabbermouth. Shit, so is the N.Y. Times and L.A. Times. But remember, this is Axl. He likes playing coy for as long as possible. It's probably his most frustrating personality trait.

Slash and Duff both shared the Guns N' Roses Coachella poster on their social media sites. I don't think you need to worry.

Blah blah blah!

Someone from the Axl camp already tried that with the Kimmel appearance and ended up just looking like a massive tool. I think if Axl were to play that hand with the reunion it would be a very dangerous game. No matter how you spin this it's a bad look and a bad start to the reunion. But in the end it's all about the music. So I don't care too much about the extraneous stuff.

Slash and Duff both shared the Guns N' Roses Coachella poster on their social media sites. I don't think you need to worry.

They all can share the FB post and all say it's happening. We can get videos from birthday parties with Axl, Slash and Duff singing impromptu versions of "Don't Cry" together.

And I'll still be worried about Coachella.